Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pankration.jpg

Matt Orford tackling an opponent
Which one is Mat?

The current plans call for the hill to go next.

Then the JT and KA stands.

Then the F-M stand.

Of course, none of it may happen. Or if it does, in a different order.
By the look of things the Liberals are shooting themselves in the foot and are handing the next election to Labor and you can bet your gonads the they will scrap the rebuilding of any suburban stadium.
Everything was going smoothly until Gladys was itchy for some nooky, who would've thought?

Wonder when the playing surface of Brookie was last re turfed and re surfaced . With laser leveling and similar technology and improved turf quality , surely should finish up with some much improved playing surface . Would have thought that the present round of suburban ground funding would have been already approved and committed but wouldn 't have a clue really .

By the look of things the Liberals are shooting themselves in the foot and are handing the next election to Labor and you can bet your gonads the they will scrap the rebuilding of any suburban stadium.
Everything was going smoothly until Gladys was itchy for some nooky, who would've thought?
Possibly. However I think the government has enough ammunition, which includes a plethora of infrastructure projects coming online, to keep Labor at bay.

Possibly. However I think the government has enough ammunition, which includes a plethora of infrastructure projects coming online, to keep Labor at bay.
Possibly, Labor will go to the next election with the usual mantra about how the Libs wasting money building stadiums for privately owned teams instead of schools and hospitals, it will definitely be tight at the next election, State or Federal.
Back in the day when Albo's mob were in power, he was approached for possible funding for Brookvale, seeing that Rudd was throwing money at all sorts of things, his response was, " as long as my arse is pointing to the ground they'll never get funding from me", typical Labor response from a typical Labor hack, there, I said it.

Back in the day when Albo's mob were in power, he was approached for possible funding for Brookvale, seeing that Rudd was throwing money at all sorts of things, his response was, " as long as my arse is pointing to the ground they'll never get funding from me", typical Labor response from a typical Labor hack, there, I said it.
Really?

Nothing will stop it happening now.

For the record Peter, I hope you don’t think I was having a go at you. Albanese may well have said that, but when push came to shove he offered up a funding promise for Brookvale. They knew they were going to lose in 2013, so it didn’t matter from Labor’s perspective.

After all, he is a politician.

Last edited:
For the record Peter, I hope you don’t think I was having a go at you. Albanese May well have said that, but when push came to shove he offered up a funding promise for Brookvale. They knew they were going to lose in 2013, so it didn’t matter from Labor’s perspective.

After all, he is a politician.
No problem TZ, I think Albo had a change of heart leading up to the Federal Election of 2013 when it appeared that Labor would be wiped out, and probably with a lot of pushing from Kerry Sibra for an upgrade.
However in 2010, just after winning the Federal Election, Albanese was spruiking for an upgrade for Leichhardt, but there was nothing in the plans for Brookvale.
Politicians will promise you the world before an election, but just deliver you an atlas, even John Howard promised an upgrade for Brookie prior to the 2007 election, knowing fully well he was going to be wiped by K Rudd.

Season 2010: Round 22

Filed in From The Couch, NRL by Nick Tedeschi on December 2, 2010

From The Couch

The Rugby League Vote: The Australian Labor Party has long considered itself close to the game of rugby league. The working class traditions of the code have long been held dear by the ALP and in particular those involved in the party in New South Wales and Queensland. Many great Labor men, from Doc Evatt through to Fred Daly all the way up to Graham Richardson have been unashamedly in love with the game widely regarded as the greatest of them all. Labor has traditionally done the best for rugby league and can usually be relied upon to be the party of choice if voting on rugby league matters is the priority.

Unfortunately, 2010 is not one of those times. The ALP has hurt rugby league under the leadership of faux-Broncos supporter Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard, raised in the AFL tradition, has done little to campaign on the important issues of rugby league.

There is no doubt that there is no rugby league candidate in 2010. Gillard is an AFL girl. Born in Adelaide and living in Melbourne, she has tenuous links to the Storm but is generally regarded as a Footscray fan. Tony Abbott is a Sydney boy but from the North Shore. He is not a Sea Eagles or even a Bears fan but a rugby union lover with a long history of playing the sport.

Sadly, there has been little campaigning on the lines of rugby league this election. Julia Gillard promised a small amount of money for a rugby league centre in northern Queensland but that is it. Anthony Albanaese is spruiking money for an upgrade to Leichardt Oval but no firm commitments have been made.

And no commitments from Labor to support rugby league can be trusted after the Rudd years.

While Kevin Rudd was happy enough to watch the Broncos and Queensland wearing his scarf and acting interested, Labor took from the mouth of the game. When Labor won power in 2007, pretty little thing (condescension intended) Kate Ellis was named Sports Minister. Ellis is a South Australian without even the fundamental understanding that rugby league and rugby union are different sports. She quickly took away the $10 million promised to the NRL for funding a hall of fame building when John Howard was Prime Minister. The League still has no hall of fame building and very little has been done to help the code from Federal Labor. The ALP has only sought to involve itself in rugby league matters only when matters of politics are at play with Anthony Albanese putting the kibosh on any move to install John Howard as chairman of the new Independent Commission, threatening the NRL if Howard was made top dog.

State Labor has been worse with Kristina Keneally providing the AFL with money for a ground reconfiguration in western Sydney while rugby league grounds like Brookvale Oval go into disrepair.

Rugby league fans who find it necessary to vote on rugby league issues have only one choice: Tony Abbott. The ALP has turned its back on the code and it is now time for the code to turn its back on the ALP.

I noted in the council's newsletter that an application for Modification of Development Consent has been submitted by Manly. This relates to some internal changes to the original approval including reduction of office space and increase in gym space and other internal changes. (Also, they're amending the construction's schedule as the rehab pool is being 'procured' from Italy and delivery has been delayed due to Covid. Surely we could build one here?!)

Anyway, I noticed within the C.O.E. plans there is a "sleep room" with 4 beds. The mind boggles why would they need a sleep room?!! Maybe they think Donny and/or Des is working them too hard? lol

I noted in the council's newsletter that an application for Modification of Development Consent has been submitted by Manly. This relates to some internal changes to the original approval including reduction of office space and increase in gym space and other internal changes. (Also, they're amending the construction's schedule as the rehab pool is being 'procured' from Italy and delivery has been delayed due to Covid. Surely we could build one here?!)

Anyway, I noticed within the C.O.E. plans there is a "sleep room" with 4 beds. The mind boggles why would they need a sleep room?!! Maybe they think Donny and/or Des is working them too hard? lol
Perhaps the "sleep room" is for players knocked out during a match? Or when the Tuggers are playing at Brookie it could be for players zoning out during a Madge Maguire team talk?

The marble issue was previously mentioned at post #256.

You’re welcome Australia.

Does anyone know how much time the players, coaching and administration staff will be spending at the COE? How will they split their time between Narrabeen, which has greater space for football training, and the COE? Will the squad train on Brookvale Oval or just use the gym and diamond-inlaid marble spa baths? Will they allow Al to spar at the spa?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8