Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
$200 million would be one of those figures plucked out of the air.

As I intimated at post #318, a full rebuild to the standard of the CoE, should be achievable for well under that amount.

Also worth noting, the original plan for the COE has been designed so that the rest of the site can be redeveloped in stages. Hopefully they just bite the bullet and do the whole lot in one go!

1637184444072.png

I hope with the new deign they still manage to retain some of the old gals character (similar to what happened at the SCG)

One of the attributes of Brookie which makes it so special is The Hill. Why homogenise the ground to resemble almost all other stadiums? Surely there is sufficient people like me still prepared to frolic on grass rather than sit in seats, even if we end up with wet rumps.
There are sufficient stands with seating for those who desire a little more conformity. If you eliminate the Hill you will take away freedom of choice. I sound like an anti-vaxer which I'm not; but I think I could be an anti-seater!

Curious to know what $200m will buy given the COE takes up one side of the ground - a complete re-build of the rest of it presumably.

That amount would certainly pay for a lot more than building a stand where the hill is. Hopefully nicely integrated with the COE so we end up with something to be really proud of.
perhaps they are going to build a stand like this? a 25000 seat 200million dollar gem?????

3958286302_3f36c08896_b.jpg

One of the attributes of Brookie which makes it so special is The Hill. Why homogenise the ground to resemble almost all other stadiums? Surely there is sufficient people like me still prepared to frolic on grass rather than sit in seats, even if we end up with wet rumps.
There are sufficient stands with seating for those who desire a little more conformity. If you eliminate the Hill you will take away freedom of choice. I sound like an anti-vaxer which I'm not; but I think I could be an anti-seater!
yes but most people like to be assured a dry seat don't they? the hill is great on a sunny late summer afternoon but come mid-winter with rain pounding down it's practically deserted.

As a fan, I would be more likely to come down to the match on a wet and windy day knowing the kids would stay relatively dry and moan-free....

yes but most people like to be assured a dry seat don't they? the hill is great on a sunny late summer afternoon but come mid-winter with rain pounding down it's practically deserted.

As a fan, I would be more likely to come down to the match on a wet and windy day knowing the kids would stay relatively dry and moan-free....
If it's raining chances are people will stay away, regardless of whether they have a seat in the stand. I've been at countless games when the Hill is full yet there are empty seats in the stands. With the new CEO there are more options than ever at Brookie if you want a seat. There are also a core of supporters who prefer to stand at the top of the Hill all match . . . until they fall down intoxicated. Isn't that what suburban RL is all about?

Hill is great for the first 2000 people but I'm sure some people are turned off by the fact it's tough to get a decent view of the game if you can't get there an hour+ before kickoff

And also difficult access to food/bars and toilets that were built before most of us were born
The etiquette used to be that only the people at the railing stood up. Now the f-ckwit/f-ck you, Smirko-voting, Canyonero-driving generations, those born sometime after the baby boomers, stand up well down the hill - blocking the view.

I like the hill when there is a modest crowd, but its time has passed. If they keep it, the ground will eventually go the way of 3 games a year Leichhardt or no games a year Belmore. And so might our club.

And also difficult access to food/bars and toilets that were built before most of us were born
While I rarely buy food when I go to Brookie there are a couple of food vans behind the Hill which serve fast morsels that are moderately palatable. As for the toilets.... yeah, they haven't changed in 40 years except a few years ago they did get a fresh coat of paint. The quicker you are in, and out, the better, and the rush to the entry helps if you've got a sidestep like Phil Blake.
I think the Hill is better for kids than the stands because it allows them to stretch their legs and partake in the ritual sliding down on cardboard on the rear side of the embankment. You are not a "true" Manly supporter until you have suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune on the slide.
While I've rarely seen any seriously bad behaviour on the Hill the poor language is an aspect that I'd liked to see dialled back. I enjoy the clever banter but wit usually takes a backseat to s*it.

F0772E9F-CFF0-4D0F-BC68-CF115DFFAE2F.jpeg
I think the hill would work better if the beer hut was moved to the reverse slope, with the temporary kiosks (under or near the F-M stand), joining it. You could repurpose a larger container or two, preferably architecturally jazzed up, like the one above.

Then build a pathway along the hilltop, for better movement around the ‘berm’.

However if the current proposals come to fruition fairly soon, all the above is a moot point.

Love the sentiment and yes I grew up on that hill but we're talking Gen Z , Y and millenials now mate. The everyone wins a prize culture won't go anywhere without modern amenities to sooth their over burdened, instagram filled lives.

Love the sentiment and yes I grew up on that hill but we're talking Gen Z , Y and millenials now mate. The everyone wins a prize culture won't go anywhere without modern amenities to sooth their over burdened, instagram filled lives.
Exactly

They all want BankWest , or whatever it is these days , tiered seating , bars , flash pissers.

Stand on the hill to watch the footy , no thanks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6