Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
gives it everything he has. Has been smashed all over the place and keeps going. And not a dickhead. Hopefully part of the team for the next few years.
See I think he is a bit of dickhead at times the way he carries on. Just play the ball and just score the try.

Parker and Suli outplayed Roberts and Gagai(state of origin rep and Australian rep)who have more X-factor....Nah,Parker and Suli will do me thanks and develop a young guy or 2 like Funa/Musgrove and Hoppa.We have a lot of money invested elsewhere,(Trbojevic brothers,DCE,Walker,Taupau,AFB,Thompson,Sironen and Fainu is on an upgraded contract next year) you have to have some cheaper guys in the side,it is just how it is....
I don’t have a problem with cheap but you can get cheap without mistakes and that is not Parker.

I was asking for a marquee signing, I was asking for something better than Parker.

If he had better hands, he would be worth more.

The issue is when you have that bit of "no frills" about you, it is important that you are "safe". You have to be a player like Tom T to get away with making the amount of errors Parker has in his game for it to be worth carrying you in the team.

Too many costly things happen around Parker and he doesn't offer enough upside to combat it. It can seem like it's just another error, but pinning Souths on their own line instead of piggybacking them up the field can be the difference between a win and a loss.

I respect your opinion and I do think it is quite rational and balanced but I think we are going to need to be cut-throat to compete with the likes of the Roosters and Melbourne.
In saying that you also need players who run the hard self sacrificing lines to compete with the best also at a value price.

Melb and Roosters would target Suli more than Parker that is for sure, it is far too easy to get Suli on his heals being indecisive.

Suli has a big upside in his attack and go forward qualities but damn there is a massive down side defensively.

Des has done well in his defensive structures to simplify and cover the weaknesses of poor one on one defenders in our squad.

Last edited:
Think schuster will end up in forwards too.

Outside backs we have young hoppa, funa and eventually Ben Turbo who will be a star, then musgrove has wraps on him, could turn out to be an astute buy plus simona - can he maybe get back to his best? He was awesome when playing for Tigers, love to see him get back to that level!

Was just reading on DT, that ‘apparently ‘ Manly has made discreet enquires with the NRL as to Tim returning to top grade.
The NRL has advised Manly that it is unlikely that Simona will be registered to play. At this stage it’s only for the Canterbury Cup side.
.......it is from Rothfields column, so probably take it with a grain of salt.

I don’t have a problem with cheap but you can get cheap without mistakes and that is not Parker.

I was asking for a marquee signing, I was asking for something better than Parker.
Jake used to carry on a lot at the refs and still does to some extent,were/are you off him and thought he was a dickhead?Jake has improved his composure under Des and maybe you should allow Parker the same latitude?
Gosiewski even though having a brain snap again on friday has started to show more composure as well.I know you are not a fan of Parker but to try to suggest that his errors are the difference between winning or losing is a little off,if Jake did not get binned for that ridiculous decision we would be playing a side we have beaten twice for a spot in the GF.If Waddell could pass Walker would have scored and extend our lead by 12?
Defensively he nails down one side of the field which was what people complained about with Kelly and now that Parker has done that,people complain that he is no frills....He does an excellent job of carting the ball forward and has a very good move at the line which gets him split between defenders and gets him pushing through the line with strength and finding his front and getting quick play the balls which build momentum.He can also score a try and trying to play down his attacking ability on friday night sounds more like trying to suit an opinion more than anything,he gives it his all and I would persist as he will get better(a couple of penalties can be fixed easily by a good coach.
Des has signed him for another 2 years when other clubs were interested and offered him more,that does not sound like Des thinks he is a depth signing to me....You say that we do not need a marquee signing but earlier in the year you were suggesting we needed marquee signings at centre,five eighth and prop?
Is Parker,is good....

2019 Parker is better than 2018 Parker
Expecting to see 2020 Parker better than 2019 Parker.
Is that the upgrade we are looking for? I think that what Manly needs to keep the Salary Cap onside.

Jake used to carry on a lot at the refs and still does to some extent,were/are you off him and thought he was a dickhead?Jake has improved his composure under Des and maybe you should allow Parker the same latitude?
Gosiewski even though having a brain snap again on friday has started to show more composure as well.I know you are not a fan of Parker but to try to suggest that his errors are the difference between winning or losing is a little off,if Jake did not get binned for that ridiculous decision we would be playing a side we have beaten twice for a spot in the GF.If Waddell could pass Walker would have scored and extend our lead by 12?
Defensively he nails down one side of the field which was what people complained about with Kelly and now that Parker has done that,people complain that he is no frills....He does an excellent job of carting the ball forward and has a very good move at the line which gets him split between defenders and gets him pushing through the line with strength and finding his front and getting quick play the balls which build momentum.He can also score a try and trying to play down his attacking ability on friday night sounds more like trying to suit an opinion more than anything,he gives it his all and I would persist as he will get better(a couple of penalties can be fixed easily by a good coach.
Des has signed him for another 2 years when other clubs were interested and offered him more,that does not sound like Des thinks he is a depth signing to me....You say that we do not need a marquee signing but earlier in the year you were suggesting we needed marquee signings at centre,five eighth and prop?
Is Parker,is good....
And, when Parker carts it up, his gangling, stumbling run can beat the first tackler and he can stumble 10 hard metres to give the team some go forward.

Parker and Suli outplayed Roberts and Gagai(state of origin rep and Australian rep)who have more X-factor....Nah,Parker and Suli will do me thanks and develop a young guy or 2 like Funa/Musgrove and Hoppa.We have a lot of money invested elsewhere,(Trbojevic brothers,DCE,Walker,Taupau,AFB,Thompson,Sironen and Fainu is on an upgraded contract next year) you have to have some cheaper guys in the side,it is just how it is....
As an aside, how bad is James Roberts! Wow talk about a lemon purchase. Not sure how Bennett keeps picking him.

If he had better hands, he would be worth more.

The issue is when you have that bit of "no frills" about you, it is important that you are "safe". You have to be a player like Tom T to get away with making the amount of errors Parker has in his game for it to be worth carrying you in the team.

Too many costly things happen around Parker and he doesn't offer enough upside to combat it. It can seem like it's just another error, but pinning Souths on their own line instead of piggybacking them up the field can be the difference between a win and a loss.

I respect your opinion and I do think it is quite rational and balanced but I think we are going to need to be cut-throat to compete with the likes of the Roosters and Melbourne.
Agree with this 100%. We need a better left centre and a better fill in at fullback. Elliott and Parker were costly against Souths. We do have some options in Funa, Schuster, Ben Turbo and Hoppa as well with Hoppa being a great option to fill in for Tom with his inevitable injuries. Having Tom and Hoppa injured really messed with our depth at fullback and in reality, that stops us from being able to match it with the top teams.

Now of course I am bias because I'm a fan of Brad Parker, but our whole side has very little finals experience. These newbies are also all being coached to their full potential for only the first time this year. I'm keen to see how they progress into next year because with what Des has already been able to do, anything is possible.

Also, Ben T is still 17 and I believe he won't turn 18 until mid next year (around June or so). NRL says players cant debut until 18 so wonder if he will be in the top 30 still or if he would still be a year away?

You are going to very disappointed because there are concerns about how unfair it has been to play him at 5/8 because it is not the best thing for his development.

He has to worry about game management and kicking when his best attributes are his ability to skip defenders, offload and use his size.

He will not be a FG half. SG Ball is chalk and cheese mate.

Seen him play a couple of times, I agree doubt he will come through as a half, though from what I saw he looked like a center in the Lattrel Mitchel class (when he was firing). Hope he keeps developing and steps up when required taking the opportunity when it comes.

I think we can forget about Ben T being an option next year. He's too young and way too raw to play 1st grade. Hoppa and Funa would be considered good chances to debut and this young musgrave as another option. I expect parker and suli will both continue to improve and continue to impress. Good to have options.
Walker looks to be our long term 5/8 and Cust/croker as depth. I still think we need to add another half/hooker to give us depth in those areas.

Parker is a hardwor
Seen him play a couple of times, I agree doubt he will come through as a half, though from what I saw he looked like a center in the Lattrel Mitchel class (when he was firing). Hope he keeps developing and steps up when required taking the opportunity when it comes.
Yep No way he’s a five eight from what I’ve seen. Let him use all his natural skills without burdening him with playmaker duties early in his career. Won’t happen.

He’s been very good of late but thought his game on Friday night wasn’t great, and the trip and send off, well that didn’t help either.

He’s been very good of late but thought his game on Friday night wasn’t great, and the trip and send off, well that didn’t help either.
Plus with 7 to go and 1 man down Chez puts up a high ball that is taken 1 meter from their tryline and Brad takes out the catcher in the air :banghead:

That was undisciplined and dumb play from a player just back from the sin bin :swear:

Plus with 7 to go and 1 man down Chez puts up a high ball that is taken 1 meter from their tryline and Brad takes out the catcher in the air :banghead:

That was undisciplined and dumb play from a player just back from the sin bin :swear:

He’s been great but I think even he would agree Friday wasn’t his best!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7