Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roosters can have Latrell. Give me Brad the Ginger Ninja Parker every day.
Needs to work on his discipline along with Gosi :cool:

His trip should only result in a fine.

Both the trip and that tackle in the air cost Manly big :eek:

I still don't understand how such a tall player gets coathangered in every game yet never receives a penalty :banghead:

Roosters can have Latrell. Give me Brad the Ginger Ninja Parker every day.
He is easily the weakest link in our team at the moment.

Costly sin bin, his customary mistake trying to play the ball, a missed opportunity getting the ball down in a try scoring situation and giving away costly penalties.

Sure, he ran into Adam Reynolds and beat him but Reynolds was exposed one on one from a clever set play.

Parker has improved but he is still a fringe FG footballer and we want to be the best at Manly.

I’d be looking to use Parker as depth next year only. He should also keep his mouth shut until he has more runs on the board. He is constantly whinging to the refs (a la Darious Boyd and Josh Dugan at the play-the-ball) and the way he gets up and slams the ball into the ground after he scores if Michael Jennings like.

I’m off Parker big time.

He is easily the weakest link in our team at the moment.

Costly sin bin, his customary mistake trying to play the ball, a missed opportunity getting the ball down in a try scoring situation and giving away costly penalties.

Sure, he ran into Adam Reynolds and beat him but Reynolds was exposed one on one from a clever set play.

Parker has improved but he is still a fringe FG footballer and we want to be the best at Manly.

I’d be looking to use Parker as depth next year only. He should also keep his mouth shut until he has more runs on the board. He is constantly whinging to the refs (a la Darious Boyd and Josh Dugan at the play-the-ball) and the way he gets up and slams the ball into the ground after he scores if Michael Jennings like.

I’m off Parker big time.
I was a Parker doubter, but he is really growing on me. He's a handful with the ball, hits the line at a 100 miles an hour, and is a good defender.
Yes he does make errors and needs a cooler head but that should come with more consistent game time. If he can manage an injury free season I'll be happy with him as our left centre. (He's not a winger!)

Would like to see an off-season in him, working to a 2nd rower spot.

To get to the next level next year we can’t be playing tafua, Elliott or Parker with any regularity. They are, at best, handy depth. The clangers between all three last night were very costly

You can cover for one at a time in the backline, having to play all 3 was far less than ideal.

I was a Parker doubter, but he is really growing on me. He's a handful with the ball, hits the line at a 100 miles an hour, and is a good defender.
Yes he does make errors and needs a cooler head but that should come with more consistent game time. If he can manage an injury free season I'll be happy with him as our left centre. (He's not a winger!)
If he had better hands, he would be worth more.

The issue is when you have that bit of "no frills" about you, it is important that you are "safe". You have to be a player like Tom T to get away with making the amount of errors Parker has in his game for it to be worth carrying you in the team.

Too many costly things happen around Parker and he doesn't offer enough upside to combat it. It can seem like it's just another error, but pinning Souths on their own line instead of piggybacking them up the field can be the difference between a win and a loss.

I respect your opinion and I do think it is quite rational and balanced but I think we are going to need to be cut-throat to compete with the likes of the Roosters and Melbourne.

Reminder that we very nearly made it to finals week 3 with a few million worth of players injured on the sideline.

I don't think we need to make wholesale changes, but we need a great off-season to determine who exactly is our first-choice lineup for 2020.

Not sure how far away Ben Trbojevic, Josh Schuster and Albert Hopoate are (pending injuries). But surely they would come into consideration as well as any other signings we make.

Reminder that we very nearly made it to finals week 3 with a few million worth of players injured on the sideline.

I don't think we need to make wholesale changes, but we need a great off-season to determine who exactly is our first-choice lineup for 2020.

Not sure how far away Ben Trbojevic, Josh Schuster and Albert Hopoate are (pending injuries). But surely they would come into consideration as well as any other signings we make.
Schuster could definitely handle centre next year. He is a big body with great skill. He will end up in the forwards but he could certainly offer some enterprise on the edge next year. He is also cleared for contact by the surgeon so the wrist injury will not hamper his pre-season.

Schuster could definitely handle centre next year. He is a big body with great skill. He will end up in the forwards but he could certainly offer some enterprise on the edge next year. He is also cleared for contact by the surgeon so the wrist injury will not hamper his pre-season.

Is it confirmed he is staying?

I assumed he was, but I don't know.

Big red has improved so much over the year and yesterdays finals match would have been another great lesson for big red and all our other green players to learn and be better players for .

We can all say what we like as this is what this forum is all about

All our under rated players will write their own script next year and they as always will have the final say

Every one wrote these unknown players off in the beginning of the season

No one gave them a chance to play a big part to get us this far and I see more improvement in them

How much more improvement ? Time will tell.

What I do know is the right attitude is there and that is the prerequisite for striving towards excellence

images.jpg

If he had better hands, he would be worth more.

The issue is when you have that bit of "no frills" about you, it is important that you are "safe". You have to be a player like Tom T to get away with making the amount of errors Parker has in his game for it to be worth carrying you in the team.

Too many costly things happen around Parker and he doesn't offer enough upside to combat it. It can seem like it's just another error, but pinning Souths on their own line instead of piggybacking them up the field can be the difference between a win and a loss.

I respect your opinion and I do think it is quite rational and balanced but I think we are going to need to be cut-throat to compete with the likes of the Roosters and Melbourne.
The more skill and X-factor the better, for sure.
As for being safe, I agree but that is where I see some potential for Parker to improve.
You're quite right, too many errors/accidents/cases of apparent bad luck occur around Parker.
But I'm happy to persist a little longer with players who show guts and look they actually want to get stuck in.
Jetski is similar, both have had their short careers interrupted by injury, with regular footy I'd hope the errors and brain snaps subside. If not, sure, punt them and use someone better!
Ps I still can't believe how often Parker gets smashed illegally, usually with no penalty!

Think schuster will end up in forwards too.

Outside backs we have young hoppa, funa and eventually Ben Turbo who will be a star, then musgrove has wraps on him, could turn out to be an astute buy plus simona - can he maybe get back to his best? He was awesome when playing for Tigers, love to see him get back to that level!

Schuster would be wasted in any other position but five eighth. I know he's a big unit, but he has Cliffy like distributing skills and knows where the try line is. If he continues to progress as I hope he will, he will mesmerise other sides.

Parker and Suli outplayed Roberts and Gagai(state of origin rep and Australian rep)who have more X-factor....Nah,Parker and Suli will do me thanks and develop a young guy or 2 like Funa/Musgrove and Hoppa.We have a lot of money invested elsewhere,(Trbojevic brothers,DCE,Walker,Taupau,AFB,Thompson,Sironen and Fainu is on an upgraded contract next year) you have to have some cheaper guys in the side,it is just how it is....

Schuster would be wasted in any other position but five eighth. I know he's a big unit, but he has Cliffy like distributing skills and knows where the try line is. If he continues to progress as I hope he will, he will mesmerise other sides.
You are going to very disappointed because there are concerns about how unfair it has been to play him at 5/8 because it is not the best thing for his development.

He has to worry about game management and kicking when his best attributes are his ability to skip defenders, offload and use his size.

He will not be a FG half. SG Ball is chalk and cheese mate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8