Brad Parker is a ginja-ninja machine!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nothing went right tonight for us and that injury was the first time I’ve ever seen anything like it very unfortunate and a high chance his season is over

Any news?? Looked like a meniscal tear to me: and believe me, I’d bloody well know! Once had to get helped off the field when setting up for a goal kick from the sideline.. lined up the ball, straightened up and the bastard just tore itself to smitherines..

He has come a long way brad and proved a lot of doubters wrong, but let’s face it, he is exactly the kind of guy this kind of thing would happen to, he looks to have barely mastered running/walking, maybe a quick tap was just a bridge to far.

Feel for the bloke, he was having a pretty good season, but he is clumsiness personified

Parker is the 5th ninja never talked about in Samurai folklore. Nifuku would have been a serious badass assassin if it wasn't for his dodgy knee, which threw off his ninja star technique.
The dreaded Nichibotsu Samurai... so called for their sunset orange colouration, also signifying that “night is falling”... or more simply.. the Ginga Ninja kills @:D

*I may have just made this up @;)

The really sad part other than Parker's injury is if that had happened at Brookvale, not only would the state of the ground somehow get blamed for the injury (even if it happened exactly as Brad did his), but there would be a lot of venom from opposition fans and the media about the grounds lack of facilities because there was no medicab.

Yet no medicab at Mt Smart, arguably the 2nd most important outdoor venue in Auckland behind Eden Park and ahead of North Harbour and Western Springs, and nothing is said about the lack of a medicab to help take off an injured player who obviously couldn't walk.

Incidentally, does anyone have an update on Scorpio and Siro?

Some good news for Manly fans in the wake of last Saturday night's costly loss to the Storm.

Much-improved centre Brad Parker is set to reject offers from at least four rival clubs to sign a new deal at Lottoland.

Parker has been one of the rising stars of Des Hasler's second coming at Manly and his form has attracted plenty of interest in recent weeks.

Look for him to sign an upgraded deal in coming days.

Brad Parker may not be the attacking centre that players like Snoz and Killer were. Not that Scorpio shirks the load, he's more than willing. But as a defensive centre, in 2019 there have been few better in the NRL and none better at Manly.

As I mentioned elsewhere, he could be another Alec Tennant, a terrific Manly centre (a Narraweena junior and senior NSW rep) of the 1960s and early 1970s.
I never had the pleasure to have seen Alec Tennant . No much footage available .
What style of centre was he . What was he built like . What were his strengths ?

Thanks for that @Dee Why Eagle . A lot of great attributes there

How fast was he . Which back would you compare his speed with ?
Don't recall him being a speedster. More a blockbusting type. Don't think he ever represented Australia, so not topline - just solid.
I was in primary school at the time of him playing... with all the wine that has flowed since then, surprised I can recall anything :drunk:

Don't recall him being a speedster. More a blockbusting type. Don't think he ever represented Australia, so not topline - just solid.
I was in primary school at the time of him playing... with all the wine that has flowed since then, surprised I can recall anything :drunk:
From what you tell me he seemed like a Mick Cronin type of player

I never had the pleasure to have seen Alec Tennant . No much footage available .
What style of centre was he . What was he built like . What were his strengths ?
Neither did I.* But I do know he was a solidly built, hard runner. A bit like Chris Close in his prime. Good defender and a good foil for centre partner Frank Stanton, late in Frank’s career. A more recent parallel would be with Darrell Williams (in centre mode).

*Unless you include watching games like the 1968 GF on TV, when I was 7 years old.

Last edited:
Neither did I. But I do know he was a solidly built, hard runner. A bit like Chris Close in his prime. Good defender and a good foil for centre partner Frank Stanton, late in Frank’s career. A more recent parallel would be with Darrell Williams (in centre mode).
I never saw Frank Stanton play... must have been in Alec Tennants very early days

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8