Blake Green Signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You know
If the scum win next weekend
I think Green will be a very poor signing for us.
He will not have the motivation and drive to want to succeed again.
Time will tell but I don't think the Blake green we have seen this year will be the same one next year.
I see no evidence that will be the case. He might be a bit like Maloney, goes from club to club but very professional at each stop.

I hope he will be better than the last Storm No6 we signed, Tasesa LAVEA. Although that was for the Northern Eagles, it was 2002, when the team reverted back to Manly's 100% control. Dally M Rookie of the year in 2000,
but put on a bit of weight if I remember correct and only played 5 first grade games for us. I really looked forward to him when he signed up.
His bio follows.
Junior Kiwi Rugby Union international joined Melbourne with his twin brother Tai Lavea after a season with Brisbane Norths in 1999. The Rookie of the Year in 2000 Tasesa Lavea made his debut for NZ in the ANZac Test after only a handful of first grade games (he had made just one appearance from the interchange bench in 1999). Lavea proved a match-winning five-eighth, top-scoring with 190pts (7t, 81g) and breaking up the club’s premiership-winning halfback combination of Brett Kimmorley and Scott Hill. A World Cup representative at the end of the year Lavea caught the brunt of the Storms’ troubled 2001 season and signed with N’Eagles for 2002. He returned to Rugby to play in Auckland in 2003. He played for the Auckland Blues in 10 games in the Super 12s/14s competitions during 2004-06.

You know
Time will tell but I don't think the Blake green we have seen this year will be the same one next year.
Totally agree. He looks great under their structure. Under ours he'll be another Chris Bailey.

He's playing really good footie and it's obvious he has the skill set to compete at the elite level.
I don't understand why there's so much negativity about him.
I don't think there's negativity towards him personally as a player under the Storm. The negativity comes from the fact he's coming over to our sh*t structures where unless you're a J.T or Cronk it'll be hard to rise above our mediocrity.

I don't think there's negativity towards him personally as a player under the Storm. The negativity comes from the fact he's coming over to our sh*t structures where unless you're a J.T or Cronk it'll be hard to rise above our mediocrity.
I feel the same way about our structures and where to club is headed in general, I'm just hoping this guy is consistent enough to compliment DCE and hopefully help to unlock our backline. There's obviously still lots of if's and but's for next year but I feel happy about having a genuine 5/8.

He has a great short kicking game, with a great ability to force repeat sets, which is more than I can say for the 5/8ths used this year, so it can only be an improvement.

I feel the same way about our structures and where to club is headed in general, I'm just hoping this guy is consistent enough to compliment DCE and hopefully help to unlock our backline. There's obviously still lots of if's and but's for next year but I feel happy about having a genuine 5/8.
Me too Andrew, looking at the difference Jamie Lyon made to our attack this year when he came in at 5/8 fills me with confidence that Green will do the job, Lyon filled the role reluctantly whereas Green is keen to show his wares, I'm actually excited about our attack next year, bring it on

Mick, we didn't buy him to fit into any structure, one of the main reasons we have signed him is to create the missing structures. We didn't have any shape other than when Lyon went to 5/8 for a couple of games. Mainly due to Walker being incapable and then a constantly changing backline.

He impresses me as a very capable tradesman that may not shine himself but will get the best out of the players around him.

You know

I respectfully disagree - he's from a high performance culture. And a good couple of years with us could get him another couple of years contracted to us. He's partnering up with a very good halfback and we should have a very solid team on paper to support him. Plus of course he will be under the microscope so he will be very keen to win over the Club/fans as early as possible. Winners like to win and he's moving to a club with a stack of potential upside if we get our sh it together. He's got a great opportunity to show us what he's got and I for one am very keen to see how he goes.

So far Green easily the Best Buy for 2017 out of all NRL clubs. You can just tell that if he has the same effect Lyon had he will make our backline click like Lyon. He's an out and out 6 and won't be beaten buy forwards like killer was in defence this year. He made 20 tackles and didn't miss one.

Now can we just excavate the sand that the headshed at Narrabeen have been sticking their collective heads into, and get the organisation working as one? Rather than operating like an Anthony Quinn character on a personal vendetta?

He is what we need. As I said before a player who will take all the pressure of DCE so he can play his game just like Jamie Lyon did until he got injured. I can't wait to see him in our colours. He has a young up and coming team supporting him as well as DCE so who wouldn't want to come here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8