Blake Green Signs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is how I see it.

If green was 350K a season, than that is a solid buy. We havnt bought a superstar, we have bought a solid 5/8 with a good kicking game.

We already have a star playmaker, who struggled not having a solid halves partner.

If you look at the few games were we fielded close to a full team, and killer played 5/8, DCE was much better.

I am not expecting Green to be a star half, just one that allows DCE to play a natural game. Also, Greens kicking game means the predictability of DCE always taking the 5th tackle option will end.

This is how I see it.

If green was 350K a season, than that is a solid buy. We havnt bought a superstar, we have bought a solid 5/8 with a good kicking game.

We already have a star playmaker, who struggled not having a solid halves partner.

If you look at the few games were we fielded close to a full team, and killer played 5/8, DCE was much better.

I am not expecting Green to be a star half, just one that allows DCE to play a natural game. Also, Greens kicking game means the predictability of DCE always taking the 5th tackle option will end.

Won't even be Gareth Widdop 0.5. The bloke is ordinary. There is a reason this journeyman has played in 7 clubs in 9 years, yet only played 85 odd games (around 10 per season).

Most teams have him in reserve grade.

He is getting well and truly carried by that spine in Melbourne. This is right up there with the Michael Witt / Jye Mullane acquisitions talent wise.

Thought's on your troll rating there @Turbo1 . Think I was pretty spot on tbh. Got some interesting feedback in the thread too. What's that in the NRl now outside of Melbourne 1 win, 25 losses?

Thought's on your troll rating there @Turbo1 . Think I was pretty spot on tbh. Got some interesting feedback in the thread too. What's that in the NRl now outside of Melbourne 1 win, 25 losses?
I'd trade him for Michael Witt, he could kick goals, couldn't he?

You said it mate. I never liked this signing either. A product of the storm system last season.

The fact you have no interest in giving him some support after just 2 rounds is laughable, come back to me at the end of the season.

You just brushing his other 25 attempts at NRL level? You were announcing him as the next immortal early on.

You just brushing his other 25 attempts at NRL level? You were announcing him as the next immortal early on.
In his other attempts he was not a player with the experience and skills he has now. He may not have played well so far but put him behind a proper footy team with an actual coach and some forwards he will show you how good he is. So far we haven't got to see that from him at manly but he hasn't been our worst player.

If your applying that logic you must also admit that DCE over the last couple of years is as equal a terrible player?

DCE has a terrible record for the last couple of seasons. And if you are basing your player views on team performance than DCE is just as bad.
Trent Hodkinson can't be a good player either because he has a terrible record.
Dane Gagai must be a terrible player.
Not sure why they pick these guys in origins if they have such terrible win records.... perhaps win records aren't that important....?

I think that statistic just means he played in crappy teams prior to his stint in the U.K. where he had a win percentage of 59%. And the 68% with the storm.

Big difference mate. "On paper" we have a great, top 8 team. "On paper" the Knights literally have the worst team. One is playing to standard, one is under achieving.

DCE signed the richest contract in the NRL, is captain, and is supposed to quarterback our team.

I'm not as forgiving when it comes to making excuses for him, for those reasons.

Big difference mate. "On paper" we have a great, top 8 team. "On paper" the Knights literally have the worst team. One is playing to standard, one is under achieving.

DCE signed the richest contract in the NRL, is captain, and is supposed to quarterback our team.

I'm not as forgiving when it comes to making excuses for him, for those reasons.
Not having a go but this is what I think the problem is

How many of our players would make the top teams? The Turbo's in some form and who else? Maybe Marty T but that would be it.

For me there is no way this team is top 8. At best it is fringe - which is why I go into this year with very low expectations

Not having a go but this is what I think the problem is

How many of our players would make the top teams? The Turbo's in some form and who else? Maybe Marty T but that would be it.

For me there is no way this team is top 8. At best it is fringe - which is why I go into this year with very low expectations
maybe Brian Kelly & Uate also into some teams, but I tend to agree with you Isz

maybe Brian Kelly & Uate also into some teams, but I tend to agree with you Isz
A maybe but there could be a chance - so at beast we would have 5 players....that says everything about where the roster is at the moment

How good was the second try yesterday when he ran square with a close runner -Lawrence? (sucking in two defenders) then passing close to the line out the back to Chez (dogs by now where utterly scrambled) who then put Sirro through (remind anyone of Foran/DCE combo????)
So so good see tries through perfectly executed running set plays inside the attacking 20.. used to be our bread and butter. Hopefully a preview of whats to come as combinations gel even further throughout the season.

DCE has taken his game to another level, Green is becoming effective as his foil, Walker and Kelly promise to be a top centre partnership, Uate and Taufua have upped their game, Api has been outstanding in recent weeks. Jake and Lawrence continue to shine, great to see Taupua and AFB back, Myles looks better than last year, Sironen is finally finding his feet, Winterstein has been strong and Tom T just never ceases to amaze. Only down side is Brown who looked very average, and the lack of game time for Hastings (somewhere late in the game) when he can become quite damaging.

Barrett finally looks like he's got the Sea Eagles machine working. Love their skill work. Love their enthusiasm. Maybe Barrett is what we needed. But ditch Brown, Trent. Lane or Bainbridge would be far more effective

I watched Lane closely on Sunday before first grade. His defense was way off what we saw the first grade guys do. It's my first time having a good look at him but he didn't seem to slide at all in the first try we let in. And in another try that the dogs dropped he hadn't got up and back into the line and let them through. He also offloaded dangerously and dropped ball. I could see why the dogs and warriors let him go despite how good he looks in attack.

I missed seeing the Cows game as I was " out bush" but his game last night was the best he's played for us so far.

Clearly it was always going to take a few games for the combinations to settle, I said as much after the first game.

We had to give the side at least 4-6 games to switch on , it took 3!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4