Blake Green could be buy of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm keen to see what Croker has to offer, he may surprise us all, I'm happy to give the kid a chance, remember what a lot of people said about Cherry in 2011, miracles do happen!!
Yeah I was so looking forward to watch the full footage of that trial against the Roosters but alas our game wasn't available I don't think. Very keen to have a look at this kid.

giphy.gif

Remember this?....

It's a shame Hastings rubs people up the wrong way, he is a talented player and if he was just more mature he just might of been in Croker's shoes right now.

I believe Croker can do the job, he will probably be average to start with but he'll get better as he gets more game time.

giphy.gif

Remember this?....

It's a shame Hastings rubs people up the wrong way, he is a talented player and if he was just more mature he just might of been in Croker's shoes right now.

I believe Croker can do the job, he will probably be average to start with but he'll get better as he gets more game time.

Such a pity, I watched a replay from round 13 last year and Jacko played and to be honest he did really really well so yes I’m thinking all the rumours that suggest it’s off field attitude might just be right!!

@Snake

We will miss Greens kicking 5th tackle options , the best in the business ( and probably still will be).

BUT

Look back at some of those games, if he didn’t kick nothing happened ( ie the Panthers game).

He rarely passed, and never ran to the line AND I reckon some of the defensive issues young Kelly had, resulted from him moving in to cover Green who was ****ing hopeless.

He’s a loss but not a great loss and Croker only needs to be “ average” for us to be about the same.

I think!!!!
I agree with everything you said but he did pass a great deal...out the back (against the Raiders to level the scores in Canberra) or short inside to Tom T (great inside/outside try against the Tigers at Brookie), but your point stands...he was largely ineffective as an attacking threat. The only time he took the line on was against the Sharks...it was a great try that day though. I remember it well!

The argument Barrett makes is that his cool head and game management skills allowed DCE to float around and play his natural game...If DCE has to worry about that type of thing, some of the tries he created last year "off-the-cuff" could go missing this year...he will be busy doing other things, so to speak.

I am afraid to say, if Blake Green played tonight. Manly wins quite easily.

I hope Croker , Wright or Hastings steps up over the next 8 weeks

Also let’s not forget they had their entire roster available and we were missing Walker who I rate as one of the top 4 centres in the game. Hopefully Dylan returns as good as new and with a little bit of extra luck we may still have $800,000 in our back pockets to do a little shopping.

Also let’s not forget they had their entire roster available and we were missing Walker who I rate as one of the top 4 centres in the game. Hopefully Dylan returns as good as new and with a little bit of extra luck we may still have $800,000 in our back pockets to do a little shopping.
The thing is, most teams have one or two out each week. It's unrealistic to blame each loss on missing personnel because it happens most weeks of the competition. Rarely will two opposing teams ever go into a match with all players from both sides available.

Green didn't want to play for us this year so it's really a moot point. If we didn't make the errors we did we wouldn't have missed Green too much.
It's a moot point in the sense that we can't do anything about it, because he was offered big $$$ that we couldn't match and two extra seasons of security, but...

The point is being made, not to highlight that we should have somehow found a way to keep Green, but that the replacement is definitely not balancing out that loss.

Now I don't want to be too hard on Croker, because it's early days and he didn't have a shocker, but he just stayed out on his edge and didn't really command the ball. DCE looks to be back to his 2016 style, where he touches the ball too much, tries too hard and does his best impression of a headless chook. That didn't happen last year because Green was on the ball all the time and Chez could sit back and inject himself.

It's a moot point in the sense that we can't do anything about it, because he was offered big $$$ that we couldn't match and two extra seasons of security, but...

The point is being made, not to highlight that we should have somehow found a way to keep Green, but that the replacement is definitely not balancing out that loss.

Now I don't want to be too hard on Croker, because it's early days and he didn't have a shocker, but he just stayed out on his edge and didn't really command the ball. DCE looks to be back to his 2016 style, where he touches the ball too much, tries too hard and does his best impression of a headless chook. That didn't happen last year because Green was on the ball all the time and Chez could sit back and inject himself.
You left out the part where the dolts running our outfit were so convinced that a ‘dog’s best friend’ would be joining us for this season, so we could afford to let Green go.

See ya Blake. Well done brains’ trust.

Its a results driven business so what does Barrett do if we hit a slump like 16 with Walks at 6 ? Does he persevere with young Croker and give him time to mature into it ? Or does he make a decision in the next week or so and change it ? .

Green has been very good today for the Warriors. More importantly he has taken the load off Johnson so he can play his natural game.

Does this sound familiar?

Green has been very good today for the Warriors. More importantly he has taken the load off Johnson so he can play his natural game.

Does this sound familiar?

He looks a whole lot fitter as well. He was slumped over after 10 minutes with us.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8