Blake Green could be buy of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Green already shown he will be missed big time! Cherry will have a quiet year as well as the whole team without a proper 6. We made a big mistake letting Green walk.

I agree he will be missed .... his contribution last season was unappreciated by many here ... we didn't let him walk ... he made it clear if we stopped him he wouldn't put in for us .... keeping a player that doesn't want to be here doesn't work ... imho

Pearce signed a letter of intent to come to Manly but cjanged his mind when daddy told him about our upcoming salary cap issue
A contract was not signed therefore he was not at manly. Club made a stupid decision but not having a certain ready made replacement on the books before letting Green leave.

1st we need this salary cap crap sorted since its costed us big time on signing experienced replacements. Look NRL is a result driven business and you can't just throw inexperienced halfs in and think they're will perform as season halfs. Croker was only given the sort because we have no one else besides hastings. I would have never let Green go even if Pearce was available. Pearce commands more money which would have keep us from recruiting better players in other positions. Not giving Green any extra money is going to bite us in the arse this year

Last edited:
My God there's some stupid in this thread.

Some incredible insights as well. Must be some pretty good info being printed on those fantales wrappers.

Green already shown he will be missed big time! Cherry will have a quiet year as well as the whole team without a proper 6. We made a big mistake letting Green walk.
Great assumption after one game. Yes, the Warriors will reverse everything they’ve become recently because of him. Meanwhile Croker won’t progress at all as the season continues and we will come last. Naturally Barrett, a former 5/8 at every level has no idea what actually makes for a decent 5/8...

1st we need this salary cap crap sorted since its costed us big time on signing experienced replacements. Look NRL is a result driven business and you can't just throw inexperienced halfs in and think they're will perform as season halfs. Croker was only given the sort because we have no one else besides hastings. I would have never let Green go even if Pearce was available. Pearce commands more money which would have keep us from recruiting better players in other positions. Not giving Green any extra money is going to bite us in the arse this year
All halves have to start somewhere, if we stop giving inexperienced halves a chance they would all be extinct in 5 years.
DCE, Foran,Hodko all were fantastic when brought in as rookies
Ash Taylor, Nathan Cleary, Melbourne halves, they are going alright. Comes down to the team and structures you put them in. Manly knew what type of player they were getting with Croker. I personally was impressed with croker, but if he isn't capable of doing the job required then why was he signed? I think Manly got very lucky with the recruitment of Tapau and Walker they fell into our laps, other then that the majority of our recruitment and retention has been dogsh*t for the last 4 years

Difference between Foran, Hodko and DCE coming in as rookies was how much experience we had around them to settle them in at the time. Croker might be great but how many games will he need to find his feet? I'm just worried it may take time before he is settled and how many lost games it could be..

Warriors will probably get one good year out of Green, another very average year and they’ll be doing a “ Nate Myles” in the last year.

I don’t blame our club, they had a letter of intent from Pearce , and let him go based on that.

The blame rests squarely with the NRL, and the more I think about it the more I think we are number 1 on the list of clubs to be forced into relocation to survive OR lose the licence ( thus opening it up for the Central
Coast Bears).

The blame rests squarely with the NRL, and the more I think about it the more I think we are number 1 on the list of clubs to be forced into relocation to survive OR lose the licence ( thus opening it up for the Central
Coast Bears).

Whilst I don't really believe that.... It must suck for the nrl to have us continually successful over the long term (2015/16 not included)

All halves have to start somewhere, if we stop giving inexperienced halves a chance they would all be extinct in 5 years.
DCE, Foran,Hodko all were fantastic when brought in as rookies
Ash Taylor, Nathan Cleary, Melbourne halves, they are going alright. Comes down to the team and structures you put them in. Manly knew what type of player they were getting with Croker. I personally was impressed with croker, but if he isn't capable of doing the job required then why was he signed? I think Manly got very lucky with the recruitment of Tapau and Walker they fell into our laps, other then that the majority of our recruitment and retention has been dogsh*t for the last 4 years
He was signed as depth, not as the starting 6 for rd.1.

Not sure where the evidence of this letter of intent has come from. We let Green go because he wasn't turning up for training and his manager was playing nasty. Barrett had no choice. It had nothing to do with thinking that Pearce was signed, sealed and delivered.

If the season was judged on round 1 the dragons would be premiers every time.....but then again it would not be ST if we did not jump to conclusions after one outing

If the season was judged on round 1 the dragons would be premiers every time.....but then again it would not be ST if we did not jump to conclusions after one outing

for the past few years, Dragons have been great at being premiers in May >:)

He looks a whole lot fitter as well. He was slumped over after 10 minutes with us.
But Ferris is the fitness guru so Green couldn't be fitter than when he played with us
The warriors as a whole look a lot fitter than previous years

He looks a whole lot fitter as well. He was slumped over after 10 minutes with us.

The commentators were making a point numerous times about how good the Warriors players looked athletically and name dropped their fitness conditioner during the game

Not sure where the evidence of this letter of intent has come from. We let Green go because he wasn't turning up for training and his manager was playing nasty. Barrett had no choice. It had nothing to do with thinking that Pearce was signed, sealed and delivered.
ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay
Pearce SIGNED a letter of intent / agreement with Manly on Nov 20th, 3 yr deal, after which Green was then released. NRL would not register the contract due to yr 1 structure and backended set up. Eventually fell over. Manly now have no Green... #NRL

As good a player as Green is, and how much his loss will affect Manly, imo there was no point in keeping him if he didn't want to be here. They might not be as skilled but would much prefer players who really want to play for Manly.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8