Blake Green could be buy of the year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good luck to Green, he didn't want to be with us this year, and while he was very steady last year, he lacked the flair of top line 5/8's. Really, we may miss some of his awesome 40/20's, but Cherry is pretty handy at these, and Crocker might suprise with his kicking skills, while Jake seems pretty handy with the boot as well.

Green held us back last year. Defensively iffy, slow and predictable in the red zone. The extra sets of 6 were handy but wouldn’t have been necessary if he had been capable of conjuring up a try. Which he wasn’t.
Wow, that's actually a pretty valid point that I hadn't thought of.

I've been torn between the idea that he is massive loss and on the contrary, just an experienced old head that can be replaced quite easily.

One of the reasons I thought of him as a big loss is because of the control he played with (composure) and the 5th tackle options that were very good.

But...

I think of the night against the Panthers where we had heaps of ball in the opposition danger zone in the 2nd half and came up with nothing (as you've pointed out). Green was given a lot of ball that night and could only go through the motions of the set plays with NO creativity to speak of whatsoever.

I thought if we could get Moylan, it would be great because he creates tries, but we've got Croker and that's a concern for me.

Sure, Green is no world beater but I still can't help but think he would have been good for one more year. I'm torn.

@Snake

We will miss Greens kicking 5th tackle options , the best in the business ( and probably still will be).

BUT

Look back at some of those games, if he didn’t kick nothing happened ( ie the Panthers game).

He rarely passed, and never ran to the line AND I reckon some of the defensive issues young Kelly had, resulted from him moving in to cover Green who was ****ing hopeless.

He’s a loss but not a great loss and Croker only needs to be “ average” for us to be about the same.

I think!!!!

Watch Kelly’s defence improve immensely without Green on his inside. If Croker can go into a tackle using his shoulder he is already an improvement.

We have the strike power to get points. Whoever takes over from Green just has to defend well and we will improve.

Green was ok - but that’s it.
When Manly were under the pump like the St G game, he was far from the leader type, in fact went missing.
Also when called solid, this to me includes reliable defence and he was poor in this regard.
Usually go with Mark from Brisbane calls, but feel Greens kicks that were on song, were off the back of when Manly won the ruck and had momentum, when under pressure, his kicks were erratic.
Not trying to put the boot in as was steady and served a purpose in 2017, but personally excited with a younger, quicker 5/8 who can add more impact for 2018.

*WE ARE DOWN ON 45 TROOPS FROM LAST YEARS TIPPING COMP
AND OFTEN WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN WE'VE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER AS A TEAM
*WE NEED GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE GREAT SILVERTAIL MEMBERS ???
*YOUR FORUM IS CALLING YOU , YES YOU !!!
Join the Silvertails tipping comp today
For only $25 ( $2 dollars and 8 cents a month )*
* Prizes to be won !!!
NRL Round one starts 8th March - JUST 2 days to go

Link -
2017 Tipping Comp - Account
Upgrade Page

winston-churchill-quote-price-greatness-responsibility-jpg.7678

Green was ok - but that’s it.
When Manly were under the pump like the St G game, he was far from the leader type, in fact went missing.
Also when called solid, this to me includes reliable defence and he was poor in this regard.
Usually go with Mark from Brisbane calls, but feel Greens kicks that were on song, were off the back of when Manly won the ruck and had momentum, when under pressure, his kicks were erratic.
Not trying to put the boot in as was steady and served a purpose in 2017, but personally excited with a younger, quicker 5/8 who can add more impact for 2018.

You are probably correct there but that’s probably the case with most sides in that if they are not going forward their kickers often struggle to make any ground.

My point though is that he was very good at one thing , but very average at everything else.

And if he was so damn good then why did the Drizzle let him go??

You are probably correct there but that’s probably the case with most sides in that if they are not going forward their kickers often struggle to make any ground.

My point though is that he was very good at one thing , but very average at everything else.

And if he was so damn good then why did the Drizzle let him go??
100% true mate - any half with that time at NRL level, will have a good return on kick results....also as you stated, was his best card.
Not to bash Baz as I am a fan, but Hastings must have shown bad off field behaviour to not get more time, as he always added spark and the tempo of Manlys attack went up 50% when he got on the field...would have preferred he got more of a shot in 2017 but with Croker now in the spotlight, could be a real surprise packet.

There was a 2 part series on over here showing the Warriors pre season and taking you inside the sanctum as they lead up to the season.
Greens input showed what a good experienced head he offers and will be a great addition to that squad, and he will be a good fit at the Warriors with Johnson, their forward pack is garbage so they won't dominate, but he will provide a lot of stuff that Johnson lacks

They met get 1 good year out of Green and he is a smart player but physically he was already struggling big time with the Storm and with us last year on a few occasions.

I hate to think what shape he'll be in at the end of 3 years with the Warriors. They'll be wheeling him out by then.

His absence will hurt us this first half of this year but long term doubt it...

They met get 1 good year out of Green and he is a smart player but physically he was already struggling big time with the Storm and with us last year on a few occasions.

I hate to think what shape he'll be in at the end of 3 years with the Warriors. They'll be wheeling him out by then.

His absence will hurt us this first half of this year but long term doubt it...

Very good summation.

Can’t blame Blake for grabbing a desperate 3 year offer from another club but he’ll be another Nate Myles or Whatnext, no way of completing the 3 years!!

You're spot on Shoe1.

That's what frustrates me reading about how we will fall out of the 8 because he is gone. Like he was the Messiah. Storm didn't want to re-sign him. We didn't want to re-sign him... the warriors are in panic mode and paid way overs for him. That should be a pretty good indicator for some people. The club that destroys careers.

He did his job in 17. Wasn't spectacular. Wasn't a world beater. He just did what was asked of him. I think any competent half in the comp could have done what he did last year for us.
If we had a Taylor, Cleary, Cronk etc in our team I think we would have won alot more games and gone much further in the finals.

I just hope young Croker can put it together on game day. He will be pressured a bit I'm guessing but Baz isn't silly. He'll have a plan.

Can't wait for our team to prove some people wrong!
He wasn't the messiah. He was just a naughty, naughty boy.

Wow, that's actually a pretty valid point that I hadn't thought of.

I've been torn between the idea that he is massive loss and on the contrary, just an experienced old head that can be replaced quite easily.

One of the reasons I thought of him as a big loss is because of the control he played with (composure) and the 5th tackle options that were very good.

But...

I think of the night against the Panthers where we had heaps of ball in the opposition danger zone in the 2nd half and came up with nothing (as you've pointed out). Green was given a lot of ball that night and could only go through the motions of the set plays with NO creativity to speak of whatsoever.

I thought if we could get Moylan, it would be great because he creates tries, but we've got Croker and that's a concern for me.

Sure, Green is no world beater but I still can't help but think he would have been good for one more year. I'm torn.
I'm keen to see what Croker has to offer, he may surprise us all, I'm happy to give the kid a chance, remember what a lot of people said about Cherry in 2011, miracles do happen!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7