Blacktown Workers 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Gambit

Blacktown Workers resumed training yesterday. From the pics they posted online i noticed that Steven Hales is still the coach of the ISP team and the addition of a few new faces.

Nathan Davis - Tall winger/center/fullback from Parramatta/Wenworthville sides of 2018. Recently sacked by the Eels for positive drug test.
Andy Saunders - Small Prop/Lock from 2018 Penrith ISP team. Was a junior Kangaroo a few years back and made his Bulldogs debut under Hasler in 2017.
Micheal Tupou - Explosive Prop/Lock and former 2017 Australian Schoolboy from Eels 2018 Jersey Flegg side.

Blacktown Workers resumed training yesterday. From the pics they posted online i noticed that Steven Hales is still the coach of the ISP team and the addition of a few new faces.

Nathan Davis - Tall winger/center/fullback from Parramatta/Wenworthville sides of 2018. Recently sacked by the Eels for positive drug test.
Andy Saunders - Small Prop/Lock from 2018 Penrith ISP team. Was a junior Kangaroo a few years back and made his Bulldogs debut under Hasler in 2017.
Micheal Tupou - Explosive Prop/Lock and former 2017 Australian Schoolboy from Eels 2018 Jersey Flegg side.
Saunders comes from Tamworth I think.
Saw him play for the dogs a couple of years ago. Pretty hard runner.

Thanks for the update! All have promise in my opinion. Nathan Davis looks like a big unit. 102kg and 6ft 4. Could push for a wing spot at same stage this year.

Davis is an interesting one as he needs to serve a 12 game suspension first but has played a bit of FG with Titans and Parra.

Question though (and I do love these updates from Gambit on lower grades) if one of these players turn out as a diamond in the rough how do they play NRL under the current rules, that is they are not in the Top 30? In the good old days if a player was playing well in the Reggies then he may play first grade - not any more.

Sauce

Usually HP or Tabasco.

But my source is online from yesterdays BWSE facebook post.
And Grant Mitchell has been appointed Head of Football Operations and Brad Morrin (former Dogs FG) assistant coach to Hales. The coaching resources continue to flourish!

Davis is an interesting one as he needs to serve a 12 game suspension first but has played a bit of FG with Titans and Parra.

Question though (and I do love these updates from Gambit on lower grades) if one of these players turn out as a diamond in the rough how do they play NRL under the current rules, that is they are not in the Top 30? In the good old days if a player was playing well in the Reggies then he may play first grade - not any more.

Very good question, and my answer is they dont.

The ISP and development deal models are flawed. No point having a feeder comp that only feeds one way. Basically it is only feeding NRL players back to the ISP comp and not ISP players into NRL. Tom Amone is an example.Too many potential NRL players are being left out of the system because they are one or two years away from being ready, particularly the U20 graduates if they dont score a development deal or Top 30 contract. Most will simply focus on work rather than footy, give them a second tier contract and a competition where they have the chance to play NRL if their performances warrant it and footy will remain a priority.

This is a big problem that i dont have all the answers for but the NRL needs to address it going forward.

Good to see a bit of Grub in our club
Every club needs a grub

The team selected to play Newtown this Saturday at Brookie looks good on paper.
There are six players with First Grade experience.
It should be worth watching.
2/3 wins when televised- 1 over a top 2 side.
Can’t see how this team should not be up near the Top....on paper look strong.

When it was clear DCE was going to be missing for weeks, I recall saying it would be the making of this team, playing without him.

I believe it has been.

And the greatest learning was Elegy isn't currently ready to be THAT player he was brought to the club to be.

When it was clear DCE was going to be missing for weeks, I recall saying it would be the making of this team, playing without him.

I believe it has been.

And the greatest learning was Elegy isn't currently ready to be THAT player he was brought to the club to be.
Des has performed some miracles on what were average players this year.Unfortunately LG wasn’t one of them.

It makes me wonder why they haven’t done better this season...apparently Steven Hailes is ‘the man’ at coaching this level, at least in terms of his popularity. Maybe he’s too well liked and not tough enough?

And is he capable of bringing through our next wave of talent, if he can t get wins on the board with a pretty strong side?

#bringbacktooves

Remember that squad has been decimated by injury and suspension

Funa just a few weeks back, Williams the same, Elliott was in firsts a long time, Anderson was injured an age, Simona just picked up etc etc etc

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6