Blacktown Workers 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I saw the entire match from the beautiful Brookie Hill. My impressions of the various players were:
Zach Dockar-Clay was terrific at hooker. Tevita Funa is a First Grader just waiting for his chance. Baldy Saunders is a beauty; just an old fashioned prop who gives 100%. It will be a shame if he doesn't crack First Grade during his career at some club because he is a crowd pleaser.
T-Rex and Perrett both went well, as they should. However, the latter's mobility makes him a liability in defence.
Sean Keppie is a one-trick pony. You'd need a court order to get the ball from him. I can't see him progressing far.
Jetski was lively but only played the first half.
I like Miski. He's always trying his hardest and doesn't seem to make mistakes
Elliot, Croker and Cust did very little. They play better in First Grade than they did today.
Tim Simona came on from the bench. Didn't do much imo.
On paper the Workers should be much more successful than they have been, but credit to them today for their come-from-behind win.

I saw the entire match from the beautiful Brookie Hill. My impressions of the various players were:
Zach Dockar-Clay was terrific at hooker. Tevita Funa is a First Grader just waiting for his chance. Baldy Saunders is a beauty; just an old fashioned prop who gives 100%. It will be a shame if he doesn't crack First Grade during his career at some club because he is a crowd pleaser.
T-Rex and Perrett both went well, as they should. However, the latter's mobility makes him a liability in defence.
Sean Keppie is a one-trick pony. You'd need a court order to get the ball from him. I can't see him progressing far.
Elliot, Croker and Cust did very little. They play better in First Grade than they did today.
On paper the Workers should be much more successful than they have been, but credit to them today for their come-from-behind win.
I thought baldy Saunders already has a couple first grade games to his name. Cant remember who for

Agree with all. Keppie is a tricky one, he has size skills aggression and good defensively but doesnt seem to demand the ball. I won't write him off just yet, I remember watching Lane at Blacktown and he was the same but once given an opportunity in 1st grade he really stood up.
Funa definitely pushing for a spot next yr.
Trex probably worth a cheap contract next year.
Docker clay might get a spot in the 30 too as an api/hodko replacement.
Jetski looked a standout in the 1st half.
Shame perrett isnt 10kg lighter and committed cos he always seems to be a standout in reserves even with his weight. wasted talent!

I seen Funa as exceptional....Perrett on today would definitely be a first grade option...offloads, power runs and winning try...just not a bloke who gives it his best.
Docker Clay almost best on field whenever televised.
Gave them a lead, but Newtown completed their first 25 sets and have Bakuya and Flanagan yet could not stop the fight back. T Rex strong , but minimal involvement- looks strong with the right opportunity

For those who don't know, Foxtel subscribers can view paid content via the Foxtel Go app on up to 5 devices. If you are not a subscriber but know someone who is, you can use their log in details to watch games on a phone or computer.

Should Parker have to exit due to salary cap issues I see funa as a ready made replacement not as sound defensively however definitely more explosive.

One big disappointment from yesterday was Croker. He had a Barry Crocker. He is just not an organising kicking half.

Elegy started that game on the outer, on the bench for reserves and very little game time. How much is he on per year, as he didn't perform when DCE was out, but he certainly changed the game when he took the field yesterday.

An out and out organising, great kicking halfback could really find plenty of opportunity at Manly.

Everything I see, the club want to develop a running half, but going the other way would certainly seem a better fit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8