Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In that case make that one of your questions / statements at the forum, its not only for them to announce what ever the hell they are going to, but also for members to have a say, not saying they will listen, answer, but at least there is the opportunity that we haven't had as of late.
Everyone has been complaining that we have no idea whats happening, the club isn't informing its members, we need better communication and now they announce this forum inviting all members with the very chance to say that and here everyone is whinging that it will be over nothing.
It can only be over nothing if no one bothers to turn up or ask the questions. Here's the chance to inform the very people who have the power to change what we are complaining about, say what you are whinging about. What use is it coming here and venting to others who can't change a dam thing, and then when finally a chance comes along to vent at those who can, we just say, been there done that not bothering and go back to complaining on the forum. It doesn't have to big, if its one small improvement made as a result its one small improvement.
Again it isn't just about them informing us, its about showing them we are invested as much if not more than them, if we go down the apathy path, of here we go again why bother, I am not showing up, what does that say to them, I tell you, it says the members don't care despite their whinging and complaining, it says they can do whatever the hell they want to.

Manly fans dont travel, not even to a leagues club meeting where they can vent or at least get free sausage rolls and a couple of beers with a chance to vent at the powers that be.
Just saying, rant over back to beers now cheers

I've emailed the club.

I live in qld so can't attend, but thanks anyhow.

Maguire in the frame as Sea Eagles go cold on Carty

Michael Maguire had some form of contact with Manly on four occasions in the past week as the club goes cold on the idea of appointing assistant John Cartwright to replace Trent Barrett, who is at war with the Sea Eagles and certain to leave.

Maguire is considered the best coach available to slot into a club that needs reshaping. If he had his way, there is no question Maguire would take the Broncos coaching job when that comes up. He may have to take Manly instead.

Maguire is a good judge of a footballer. He can see potential in the Manly squad. There is a lot to like about the playing group.

The first and most pressing issue facing the Sea Eagles is the position of the Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom. They are not happy with Barrett’s treatment, but were happy Cartwright was set to take over. They will need to be sold on Maguire, if he is interested.

The Trbojevics are the most important figures in the future of the Sea Eagles. A year ago, if you had asked either of the brothers if they would ever think about leaving Manly, they would have ridiculed the idea. Now there is discussion that they need to be talked to so they can be shored up

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...d-there-is-no-dad-clause-20180922-p505fv.html

The Trbojevic's "need to be sold on the idea of Maguire?"

IF this is the case, they need to pull their ****ing heads in, and realise who and what they are. STFU, run, catch and pass a football. Your opinions are meaningless.

To be honest, they both seem competitive, and both seem to have a massive will to win. Maguire has 10X the skill in coaching than Cartwright, so I don't believe a word of that article.

Maguire in the frame as Sea Eagles go cold on Carty

Michael Maguire had some form of contact with Manly on four occasions in the past week as the club goes cold on the idea of appointing assistant John Cartwright to replace Trent Barrett, who is at war with the Sea Eagles and certain to leave.

Maguire is considered the best coach available to slot into a club that needs reshaping. If he had his way, there is no question Maguire would take the Broncos coaching job when that comes up. He may have to take Manly instead.

Maguire is a good judge of a footballer. He can see potential in the Manly squad. There is a lot to like about the playing group.

The first and most pressing issue facing the Sea Eagles is the position of the Trbojevic brothers, Jake and Tom. They are not happy with Barrett’s treatment, but were happy Cartwright was set to take over. They will need to be sold on Maguire, if he is interested.

The Trbojevics are the most important figures in the future of the Sea Eagles. A year ago, if you had asked either of the brothers if they would ever think about leaving Manly, they would have ridiculed the idea. Now there is discussion that they need to be talked to so they can be shored up

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sp...d-there-is-no-dad-clause-20180922-p505fv.html

Would be crazy not to go after Maguire he is exactly what we need..carty was a lock in a few weeks ago but I think lyall has had some ways with the penns ...he knows this decision is key on a number of fronts.

Let’s at least wait until AFTER the forum before slitting our wrists.

Lots of good news coming, and I’m sure that means $2.00 beers and $1.00 pies at Brookvale all year!

You’d have to be happy about that!
Not if it’s still Mrs Macs.
And not if it’s still Cartwright.

All good mate, though I replied to your post I wasn't aiming it at you individually, rather the collective. The more emails / bums on seats the better, shows we care.
Cheers
OK but do you disagree with my statement about only speaking to us when they want membership cash?

OK but do you disagree with my statement about only speaking to us when they want membership cash?
I don't disagree at all, in fact I think your right on the money (pun intended) specially over the last few years, the communication and member information has been severely lacking. Likewise we haven't had an opportunity to air those grievances either except by private email, so we all need to take this opportunity of the open forum to collectively express those very issues. We all need to put the effort in to either reply by email for those like yourself who live to far, or attend the meeting for this that live close enough.
You have done your part, that's fantastic, lets hope the rest of us do too.

The problem mate is he was getting promised the added resources. They were supposed to be happening. On that basis, he signed in good faith.

That's called faith and trust, not lacking in intelligence?

If I offered you a job on 200k, then said, I'm also giving you a full time P.A. , you'll be working at location X, you'll get a work vehicle in 8 weeks, you'll secure a parking spot at your work premises.

THEN, once.you agree, but I deliver the salary and nothing else, would you be pissed off or annoyed?

How is that dumb? Very long bow to draw mate. Come on now.
The dumb part would be not getting it written into you contract. Gentlemens agreements mean jack sheite in business.

The Penns selling up would definitely qualify as a BIG announcement. However I can't see how either Kaspersky or URM would be interested in a loss making entity like MWSE. The Qataris would have deep enough pockets that they could cover it out of the loose change in the ashtray on the private jet - I wonder if they are still in the mix ??

I suppose we can only dream.

I’d be more worried about the Qataris or kaspersky. What local passion do they have? Penns are local, urm are local. Wishing for an international owner is a situation I don’t understand. We’d be more likely to die or move without the local angle.

I’d be more worried about the Qataris or kaspersky. What local passion do they have? Penns are local, urm are local. Wishing for an international owner is a situation I don’t understand. We’d be more likely to die or move without the local angle.
Say that to The Russian owner of Chelsea. Or the American owner of Arsenal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8