Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The problem mate is he was getting promised the added resources. They were supposed to be happening. On that basis, he signed in good faith.

That's called faith and trust, not lacking in intelligence?

If I offered you a job on 200k, then said, I'm also giving you a full time P.A. , you'll be working at location X, you'll get a work vehicle in 8 weeks, you'll secure a parking spot at your work premises.

THEN, once.you agree, but I deliver the salary and nothing else, would you be pissed off or annoyed?

How is that dumb? Very long bow to draw mate. Come on now.
I would be grateful that I had a rare opportunity at a head coach gig and I would make the most out of the talented team I had and prove to every one that I am not a wooden spoon contender coach . Which club would take on Trent as a head coach ? Answer no club .

Sure, but if Scott Penn told me it was raining outside, I would still look out the window myself to confirm it.
Fair call mate. But how would Trent have confirmed future promises?

In perspective, if Scott Penn said it's GOING to rain outside next week, how would Barrett test that?

That's the issue here. Unresolved commitments and promises. Those not coming to fruition is completely outside of Barrett's control .

Hence his wanting to challenge a breach of contract.

I would be grateful that I had a rare opportunity at a head coach gig and I would make the most out of the talented team I had and prove to every one that I am not a wooden spoon contender coach . Which club would take on Trent as a head coach ? Answer no club .

We don't know that, yet. Given time, it will happen for him again.

Not sure what you're implying? You challenging me to a fight or something? Jesus dude.
No mate I am not challenging you to a fight . Where did you get that from ?
I am making my self accountable for believing Trent wont excel because quitters never do

Adversity shows a true persons character and people that crumble under adversity do not excel
Today is the 22nd of September 2018 and I would like you to make me accountable for my quote Ryan

Fair call mate. But how would Trent have confirmed future promises?

In perspective, if Scott Penn said it's GOING to rain outside next week, how would Barrett test that?

That's the issue here. Unresolved commitments and promises. Those not coming to fruition is completely outside of Barrett's control .

Hence his wanting to challenge a breach of contract.

What is in Barretts control is not going public with his grievances, not having whinge sessions with other clubs bosses (Gus), etc.

Most rookie coaches would give their left nut to have been in his position, with that roster.

No mate I am not challenging you to a fight . Where did you get that from ?
I am making my self accountable for believing Trent wont excel because quitters never do

Adversity shows a true persons character and people that crumble under adversity do not excel
Today is the 22nd of September 2018 and I would like you to make me accountable for my quote Ryan
Oh hahaha. Sorry mate. Thought that was strange from you to me. I'm as thick as two short planks these days. LOL.

Fair enough mate. I disagree though. There were times / periods where we looked unstoppable. 54-0 at Brooky. That was when we were mostly uninjured though.

I think he has stuff. But that's just me. I hope he does well, if only to rub it in Penn's wallet.

Oh hahaha. Sorry mate. Thought that was strange from you to me. I'm as thick as two short planks these days. LOL.

Fair enough mate. I disagree though. There were times / periods where we looked unstoppable. 54-0 at Brooky. That was when we were mostly uninjured though.

I think he has stuff. But that's just me. I hope he does well, if only to rub it in Penn's wallet.
No mate you are not thick . I am not the most articulate poster on here and I am sorry for getting you mixed up .
Lets put things in perspective here mate .The 54 points to nil was against the wooden spoon side that could not win a game until the second half of the season and do you know which team the wooden spooners had their biggest win against ? It was Trents team .
My team is not in the finals and I am pissed off feathered friend

I would suggest @Ryan if Lyalls big night is purely to announce yet another big plan for Brookvale and announce the new Membership campaign titled “ if it’s going to be its up to me” I would humbly suggest there will be a near riot from members and fans across the board.

It's got the feel of something totally underwhelming brewing.

It'll be a LOL if it's announcing extending Siro and Api along with some signings of fringe first graders and depth players - everyone already knows this. The coach announcement does hold some value if it's a quality recruit, if it's Cartwright then that's hardly going to surprise, or inspire anyone.

The only thing that would make a splash would be some rep quality signings or some actual approved Brookie redevelopment plans fully funded.

Unless of course the Penns are announcing they are selling up and we have a new owner with deep pockets. That would be BIG.

Most of us are at the point, we know the answers will be what they are looking or planning on doing, rather than what has actually been done.

**** me, I'm looking and planning on winning the 30 million dollar Powerball, I'm putting things in place to make that happen (buying tickets), but how the **** long is that piece of string?

See what I mean? It's all bull**** . We need remedies, and achievements. Not more projections and things we are in the motions of putting into place.

We've been there and done that. This is why people just shrug at these forums. It will be.more.if the same old diatribe.

Penn needs to hire. Hire and invest. Simple as that. All the rest is just piss and wind.
I agree but come on @Ryan we can never have enough dioramas of the Brookvale Oval redevelopment?

Last edited:
Why don’t you dim funts wait and see what comes out fo it before you start death riding and whining. Going through life thinking the sky is falling must be terribly sad way to exist.

Even Mark the Nark has been positive about this

Let’s at least wait until AFTER the forum before slitting our wrists.

Lots of good news coming, and I’m sure that means $2.00 beers and $1.00 pies at Brookvale all year!

You’d have to be happy about that!

It's what fans and members have vocally asked for - to hear what's "going on?" and to have the ability to ask the "hard questions"
There will no doubt be much venting of spleens but nevertheless, if you can why wouldn't you be there?
Our great club has had a massive battering over the last few years and all credit to those that have stood by it (true supporter or not lol)
I can't imagine that management would be sitting in front of a (hopefully) packed (passionate) auditorium to do a smoke and mirrors act.
I'll be there and keen to hear what they have to say.
Hope to catch up with a few of you there hopefully.
- No one Likes Us - We Don't Care -
rsz_1rsz_1rsz_welcome-back.jpg

VIDMAR :)

It's what fans and members have vocally asked for - to hear what's "going on?" and to have the ability to ask the "hard questions"
There will no doubt be much venting of spleens but nevertheless, if you can why wouldn't you be there?
Our great club has had a massive battering over the last few years and all credit to those that have stood by it (true supporter or not lol)
I can't imagine that management would be sitting in front of a (hopefully) packed (passionate) auditorium to do a smoke and mirrors act.
I'll be there and keen to hear what they have to say.
Hope to catch up with a few of you there hopefully.
- No one Likes Us - We Don't Care -
Nice to hear from a great passionate Manly man like @vidmar .
Great people make a great club and we are one less great without vidmar

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10