Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The way Penn has handled the Barrett issue is an embarrassment. He should have been paid out quickly and a new coach already signed, sealed and delivered. This issue like all of our major issues during 2018 it has been handled poorly and without the best interests of the team and the club at the forefront. Rather the focus has been on individuals. This is just about dollars to Penn and I believe the appeal was just about Penn trying to save face. I am over it and if they confirm Cartwright as coach or Barrett stays then I will not pay anymore of my hard earned towards membership whilst these clowns are running a circus. I won't be attending any games either.

The way Penn has handled the Barrett issue is an embarrassment. He should have been paid out quickly and a new coach already signed, sealed and delivered. This issue like all of our major issues during 2018 it has been handled poorly and without the best interests of the team and the club at the forefront. Rather the focus has been on individuals. This is just about dollars to Penn and I believe the appeal was just about Penn trying to save face. I am over it and if they confirm Cartwright as coach or Barrett stays then I will not pay anymore of my hard earned towards membership whilst these clowns are running a circus. I won't be attending any games either.
I'm not going tonight as I'm sick of being fed bull**** by this mob. I wish Penn would sell and move on.

"The Club wishes to advise that earlier reports today in relation to its Head Coach Trent Barrett are factually incorrect.

The Club continues to work with Trent on an ongoing basis to ensure the best possible continuity of business for its football department, its playing group and the Club overall."

What a statement lol

"The Club wishes to advise that earlier reports today in relation to its Head Coach Trent Barrett are factually incorrect.

The Club continues to work with Trent on an ongoing basis to ensure the best possible continuity of business for its football department, its playing group and the Club overall."

What a statement lol
factually incorrect...

So the sentiment is true then :think:

So let’s look at recent media reports;

Cartwright has been appointed
Ivan Cleary a chance
Madge a chance
Bennett a chance
Barrett staying

Maybe let’s wait and see before jumping to conclusions based on media reports.
Let's all take a chill pill and see what the club actually has to say as opposed to jumping at shadows, whinging and whining - thinking the club is doing this or that or might be doing this or that when you have no idea. Unless you are Gorman's best friend and you heard it from him or Penn direct then you have no idea. Lets give the club a chance to atone for this shambolic year and hopefully that starts tonight with the club seeking our input via those that attend - being more engaged with the fans and sharing tonight what they can of where we are at and where we are likely to be at. The death riders and negative nellies will only confirm us as a basket case which needs to be moved to Perth. The more positive input we can muster to support the club - the better. I haven't watched many games this year at all because I refuse to watch ineptitude BUT I will support this club 100% - I still buy the gear - just got half price jersies and polos and training shirts up here in Redcliffe yesterday lol - I will still support them. I give them a bake on my Facebook page when they deserve it and when I used to have a weekly segment on 4BC up here over 10 years I would give them a bake as well lol but I am still Manly through and through. Lets try and look at things with glass half full and I am prepared to have an open mind and see what comes out of tonight and look at the positives of what is shared rather than continue to whinge and whine because they didn't tell you this or that. Get a reality check - this is a "business" which while it hasn't been run great the last year or so - it is a business. The Comm Bank doesn't come out and tell shareholders what senior exes they are looking at signing - they don't share before the event things that either might not come to fruition or might give the opposition a heads up. Be patient - believe in Gorman and be positive above all. Lets give him a chance to steer this ship from now and see how he goes. If you want to see us fold or move to Perth then keep playing the negative nellie cards.

The way I read it is

We are not trying to get Trent to stay.

We are working with Trent on an ongoing basis to come to an arrangement so he can leave and we can get a new coach which will offer us the best possible continuity of business for the football department, the playing group and the Club overall.

Totally disagree, do you really expect the club to part with around $600,000 for someone who is not going to be there next year.
Barrett and his manager have conned Manly with the 12 months notice to June next year that he gave us, they both knew that leaving mid season is unacceptable to us, and would have forced our hand in coming to settlement with him.
Barrett is not a man of integrity, he could have said he wanted to leave at the END of next season, that would have been more acceptable to both parties, and given us time to find another coach.
Barrett has obviously other plans for next year yet wants Manly to pay him for next year as well

Barrett has certainly set himself up for a nice little pay by activating that clause but it’s a clause the Penns put in his contract.

How stupid are they?

As much as I want Barrett gone, I feel he or his manager have been quite smart in doing this. I don’t agree with it, but it’s smart.

We now have a blinking contest where the Penns hope Barrett has a job already lined up and will have to leave for his next preseason and Barrett is holding out for a payday knowing we need to sign a coach.

Who’s going to blink first?

Totally disagree, do you really expect the club to part with around $600,000 for someone who is not going to be there next year.
Barrett and his manager have conned Manly with the 12 months notice to June next year that he gave us, they both knew that leaving mid season is unacceptable to us, and would have forced our hand in coming to settlement with him.
Barrett is not a man of integrity, he could have said he wanted to leave at the END of next season, that would have been more acceptable to both parties, and given us time to find another coach.
Barrett has obviously other plans for next year yet wants Manly to pay him for next year as well

Well, it will be around $300k (or 50% to 60% of his annual contract).

These idiots who own the club have painted themselves into a corner.

They should take their medicine, pay him out and move on.

They allowed the ridiculous clause in his contract and then did not honour the agreement to bring in support staff.

For seemingly smart businessmen, they sure do come across as incompetent bums.

Well done Baz I say.

Its yet another example of the incompetent unprofessional shambles Penn is not funding.

Do other clubs have this issue witj contracts being signed which allowed 12 months notice, but didn't stipulate the end of the football season. So the coach can walk in June?

If your too cheap it costs in the long run.

Penn yet again is finding out the hard way.

Well, it will be around $300k (or 50% to 60% of his annual contract).

These idiots who own the club have painted themselves into a corner.

They should take their medicine, pay him out and move on.

They allowed the ridiculous clause in his contract and then did not honour the agreement to bring in support staff.

For seemingly smart businessmen, they sure do come across as incompetent bums.
There’s 9 months left of this year. Half a million dollars (450k) isn’t an amount to just be sneezed at. Especially when he’s stooging us. Zero doubt he has another job lined up

I'm sure it's a standard contract that all coaches are on. Giving 12 months notice could protect the club should they really like they guy and not want him poached? Not sure, not a lawyer.

Barrett has certainly set himself up for a nice little pay by activating that clause but it’s a clause the Penns put in his contract.

How stupid are they?

As much as I want Barrett gone, I feel he or his manager have been quite smart in doing this. I don’t agree with it, but it’s smart.

We now have a blinking contest where the Penns hope Barrett has a job already lined up and will have to leave for his next preseason and Barrett is holding out for a payday knowing we need to sign a coach.

Who’s going to blink first?
Baz gets paid regardless.

Penn. It's a question of how much he has to pay up. The Longer it drags the more disillusioned sponsors and supporters get. That what really costs.

He should find a new hobby.

Clubs turned to **** since he got full control.

#resultsdrivenbusiness
#bringbacktoovs

That's all well and good, but as the employer, we drew up the stupid contract with 12 months notice ending middle of the year that he signed. Barret is playing the hand we gave him, it may not be conscienable behaviour to us, but it's still manly's fault

Let's all take a chill pill and see what the club actually has to say as opposed to jumping at shadows, whinging and whining - thinking the club is doing this or that or might be doing this or that when you have no idea. Unless you are Gorman's best friend and you heard it from him or Penn direct then you have no idea. Lets give the club a chance to atone for this shambolic year and hopefully that starts tonight with the club seeking our input via those that attend - being more engaged with the fans and sharing tonight what they can of where we are at and where we are likely to be at. The death riders and negative nellies will only confirm us as a basket case which needs to be moved to Perth. The more positive input we can muster to support the club - the better. I haven't watched many games this year at all because I refuse to watch ineptitude BUT I will support this club 100% - I still buy the gear - just got half price jersies and polos and training shirts up here in Redcliffe yesterday lol - I will still support them. I give them a bake on my Facebook page when they deserve it and when I used to have a weekly segment on 4BC up here over 10 years I would give them a bake as well lol but I am still Manly through and through. Lets try and look at things with glass half full and I am prepared to have an open mind and see what comes out of tonight and look at the positives of what is shared rather than continue to whinge and whine because they didn't tell you this or that. Get a reality check - this is a "business" which while it hasn't been run great the last year or so - it is a business. The Comm Bank doesn't come out and tell shareholders what senior exes they are looking at signing - they don't share before the event things that either might not come to fruition or might give the opposition a heads up. Be patient - believe in Gorman and be positive above all. Lets give him a chance to steer this ship from now and see how he goes. If you want to see us fold or move to Perth then keep playing the negative nellie cards.

You're not from around these parts are you pilgrim ..... you will learn that going off half cocked at the slightest rumour whilst simultaneously whinging that it is from a noted half-wit rumour site are traits greatly prized on Silvertails ......

But you continue to be measured, rational and mature .... it will be a lonely path you tread ...... but a righteous one .....

PSS May God or the PCC bless you .....

I agree. This is really starting to S...t me off

I live in Auckland.... we had it over the weekend just gone... hence the current 3 hour time difference :)

You'll probably find out what happens tonight 3 hours earlier than the rest of us Blake. Send us an e-mail letting us know how it all went...or rather how it will pan out will you

There’s 9 months left of this year. Half a million dollars (450k) isn’t an amount to just be sneezed at. Especially when he’s stooging us. Zero doubt he has another job lined up

He would have been paid up till November anyway as that is when the season officially runs for contracts.

He quit in July. So 8 months would be around $400k.

If Manly offered him $300k he'd walk.

They accepted the terms of the contract and then did not provide the support staff agreed upon. More fool them.

If he has another job lined up then it must be as an assistant and that is going to be ballpark $200k. He is walking away from 2 more seasons at $600k plus so why would he walk away with nothing?

If I was in his situation I'd do the same. His kids aren't going to eat good intentions.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12