Big Announcement Wed 3/10/18

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This one is for the true believers .......
The club is bigger than any Investor
The club is bigger than any Individual
The club is bigger than any Immortal
Many Manly Greats have come and gone
But our Great club has always prevailed ALWAYS !!!
It has always been us against the rest of the RL world that despises us
AND WE THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES FAITHFUL ARE STRONGER TOGETHER !!!

View attachment 9767
Dont mention that you are @Stronger2gether ....... you'll get banned.

You're not from around these parts are you pilgrim ..... you will learn that going off half cocked at the slightest rumour whilst simultaneously whinging that it is from a noted half-wit rumour site are traits greatly prized on Silvertails ......

But you continue to be measured, rational and mature .... it will be a lonely path you tread ...... but a righteous one .....

PSS May God or the PCC bless you .....
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition................. I mean the PPC.

I'm sure it's a standard contract that all coaches are on. Giving 12 months notice could protect the club should they really like they guy and not want him poached? Not sure, not a lawyer.
Exactly, in 2017 he was seen as a shining light in the coaching ranks, Manly upgraded and extended his contract, 12 months notice isn't unusual , what IS unusual , is giving notice mid season, which was totally unexpected.
Now who gives notice in the coaches ranks nowadays with no other job to go to?. only an idiot would, so I would say Barrett has or had something lined up for next year but he was already tied to Manly for next year so he gives 12 months notice mid season, hoping to get an early release, which is feasible, however he also wants a payout because he knows that changing coaches next year was unacceptable to the club.
The pr!ck

You're not from around these parts are you pilgrim ..... you will learn that going off half cocked at the slightest rumour whilst simultaneously whinging that it is from a noted half-wit rumour site are traits greatly prized on Silvertails ......

But you continue to be measured, rational and mature .... it will be a lonely path you tread ...... but a righteous one .....

PSS May God or the PCC bless you .....
My apologies Woodsie. I am as passionate as anyone - I get mad and yell at the tele and the first whiff of patheticness I switch off because I know my blood will boil. But I also believe in this club and have done so since 1973. I will try and keep my measured comments to a minimum.

81122964-3891-4FBE-A294-33FE6FDA7D8E.jpeg

So who do we have for the live action tonight. Any one person want to keep all of us in touch with the "breaking news". Be like Slothfield with all the scoops live at the judiciary.. That means you will have to be drunk whilst reporting though!!!!!

Exactly, in 2017 he was seen as a shining light in the coaching ranks, Manly upgraded and extended his contract, 12 months notice isn't unusual , what IS unusual , is giving notice mid season, which was totally unexpected.
Now who gives notice in the coaches ranks nowadays with no other job to go to?. only an idiot would, so I would say Barrett has or had something lined up for next year but he was already tied to Manly for next year so he gives 12 months notice mid season, hoping to get an early release, which is feasible, however he also wants a payout because he knows that changing coaches next year was unacceptable to the club.
The pr!ck

I agree with much that you said Peter, though I wont say Barrett is a prick. He's just following his managers advise, looking after his interests which he should be doing, regarding what is effectively a double bluff poker game between Barrett's manager and the Manly management.

As I read it neither now want to continue the association, though I think Barrett may have been surprised by Manly's acceptance of his resignation from July. I suspect that was a bluff that came back to hurt him because I don't think he would have been so dishonest with his players when he said he was staying, unless he could fully show it was all the club's fault.

But its now a situation where Barrett probably has an alternative site for next year but he wants as much out of the Sea Eagles as he can get. This suggestion that he will continue to coach Manly I suspect is a bluff being put out by a Manly supporting journo, to show Barrett that they mean to force his hand. Thing is whether he coaches Manly or doesn't, Manly at present have to pay out something. They just want to make it as little as possible, especially given the financial slap on the wrist the Penns have already suffered over the TPA issue. It would be them paying out Barrett. So in my mind all this carry on by both parties is just avoiding showing their hand until a final financial agreement can be made. Manly wont want to keep him because he would have a marked negative impact on next years team and the club. Barrett doesn't want to stay because I suspect he has other options. It comes down I suspect to where the parties reach an agreeable payout, and then there will be a Manly statement wishing him well and a Barrett statement saying how much he enjoyed coaching the players.. Cant blame either for the negotiations. And I suspect it will be resolved before November 1.

What is the PPC ?
The Powder Puff Crew ....... it was started by @Stronger2gether in that crazy life of Brian thread a a few weeks ago. I think he meant it as an insult to Herr Woodsie and a few others but it's now taken as a badge of honour and a bit of a joke. Not sure why but @Stronger2gether was banned a few weeks ago apparently?

The Powder Puff Crew ....... it was started by @Stronger2gether in that crazy life of Brian thread a a few weeks ago. I think he meant it as an insult but it's now taken as a badge of honour and a bit of a joke. Not sure why but @stronger2together was banned a few weeks ago apparently?
After a hard day at the office we all can get carried away on here and our teams disappointed season has not helped our moods. I hope @Stronger2gether can come back in a happier mood

My apologies Woodsie. I am as passionate as anyone - I get mad and yell at the tele and the first whiff of patheticness I switch off because I know my blood will boil. But I also believe in this club and have done so since 1973. I will try and keep my measured comments to a minimum.
Have your say mate and say it form the heart !!!

After a hard day at the office we all can get carried away on here and our teams disappointed season has not helped our moods. I hope @Stronger2gether can come back in a happier mood
@BOZO , haven't you heard all Penn and Gorman's news tonight? Here's some, to let you know all the new stuff:

X Apparently we are attempting to get funds for a Centre of Excellence (plans somewhere)

X A player under contract will be here next season

X We are talking to players and coaches

And ummmm.....that's it.

Hope you're now informed.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10