Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No I don't want to punish him, just prefer we don't hire him to guide our young footy players. As I said earlier he does a decent job on TV. Some club will hire him eventually though.
Not sure about our succession plan. Monas? I wish Glenn Stewart was interested, always thought he looked like a future coach somehow.
Fair enough.

And 100% agree on Glen Stewart.

Darwin Theory Perspective .....

Ben Darwin

The thing is though..... Premiership winning success only applies with certain players that have what it takes and are able to step up and take you to the top

AS you can only squeeze so much juice from each orange

And you cannot turn a donkey into a thoroughbred

The moral of the story ...
Some players have their limits and are limited to what they can acheive

The Great Achievers
Our benchmark of Excellence and
Our Legendary Dual premiership winning team 1972 and 1973
View attachment 21896
Bro Darwinism happens via gradual change over a long period of time

Change is not made just for the sake of it but for the sake of improvement

As for your cowboys example the 2022 team had changes made to their 2021 underperforming team and an injection of an experienced premiership winning halfback Townsand . They released the under performing Esan Marsters and brought in Hiku . They released their 5/8 clifford and replaced him with Deardon. Also Jeremiah Nanai the up and coming young player was a refreshing and dynamic change
Change was needed and the end results paid off . The Cowbots are Finals Bound !!!

The South Sydney Rabbits also made a change . The wrong change of getting rid of their Captain and play maker Reynonds and they have not been the dominant team they were when they made the grand final last year .

As for your Tom Turbo and Latrell and Teddy argument
All good players make a difference to a team but all good teams can step up without their star players as Penrith were missing not one but three of their elite players in their captain and star halfback Cleary their star 5/8 Luai and their star second rower Kikau and defeated the raiders in Canberra

As for the head coach , If he does not have the right cattle he wont have success

The moral of the story
Change does make a difference and every one lives and dies by the changes they make in their lives
Sorry can't agree there. Souths a basket case 3 weeks ago....enter Latrell....now everybody's playing with confidence and they look twice the team they were. That's what 1mill players do and Tom in our team would have exact same affect on the rest of the team.

Playing for a club like Manly that has been made great by Legendary premiership Grand final and finals winning players is a hard act to follow

We have seen such extraordinary Centres and Back rowers in our Clubs Magnificent Era of Greatness

The Veteran Parker has made his NRL debut in 2016 .Before he got injured in the 7 games he played.

The Manly official stat list below show he has contributed to no line breaks , no try assists and no tries . He does try hard but is fruitless in attack

. To his credit he is a competent defended but his lack of speed can also be a liability against faster quality opposition .

Ben who is in his first NRL Year hopefully can progress to more than he has shown

Let's hope he can because at the moment I have Parker well ahead of Ben so according to your info, doesn't flatter Ben at all.

Let's hope Ben plays well against the Roosters. Schu surely needs another player running off him for tries.

Please no more injuries as we need him for rest of the year considering Seibold has black banned Samuela Fainu from playing for Manly.

Looks like mobility in preference for size with Burbo and Matterson on the bench and naturally Burbo "s versatility to cover a centre role . Burbo has noticeably knuckled down better this season in the grind department and certainly a promising sign with running that good line some weeks ago off Shu to help seal that win
Just hard to say with Samual Fainu still not in the mix . only seen highlights of recent Blacktown games and guess that he has been doing O K , being able to offer more then Woods maybe an open question .
Don 't think that he has played much at prop so that may be one consideration why Woodsy still preferred or marginally . if not a valid reason , bit harder to justify leaving Samual out when winning is so much more a priority for some time now .
Anyway ideally Woodsy can still play a very useful role and the Samual issue not to distract [ or detract ] from the main goal to keep chalking up the critical wins

Nah mate, we have Woodsy. Aaron loves the club and is living the dream. He ran for 30m last week, we'll need those 30m against the Roosters. I'm aware that Samuela churned out more metres and created more impact in EVERY game he played for us, but Sharon loves the club, and he's living the dream.
I mean, I prefer Fainu in the 17 too but a couple of things.

A) Fainu has been playing edge all season in both grades and Woods prop. So its not a direct comparison.

B) if you want to play direct comparison.

Fainu averaged 53 min a game for 8 runs, 62 metres, 18 tackles and 2 misses.

Woods averaging 32 min a game for 8 runs, 61 metres, 18 tackles and 1 miss.

I mean, I prefer Fainu in the 17 too but a couple of things.

A) Fainu has been playing edge all season in both grades and Woods prop. So its not a direct comparison.

B) if you want to play direct comparison.

Fainu averaged 53 min a game for 8 runs, 62 metres, 18 tackles and 2 misses.

Woods averaging 32 min a game for 8 runs, 61 metres, 18 tackles and 1 miss.
My favourite quote about statistics is:
Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost: more for support than for illumination.

My favourite quote about statistics is:
Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost: more for support than for illumination.
It's a common rebuttal thats stats aren't the be all and end all or that they dont show the full picture.

One that hardy needs to be made as obviously that is the case. If Stats alone were all people worried about then players like Cooper Cronk or Foran would be dismissed.

Ridiculous

That said, just as ridiculous to completey dismiss them.

The point that was being made is the gap between Samuela and Woods is not the enourmous chasm some make out. It's not Cam Murray v Steve from down the pub. I dont think this season it would have moved the needle in terms of wins and losses.

Granted, personally I would have Fainu in my 17 ahead of Woods.

Burbo and Schuster know each other’s games back to front, from their junior days together, and Burbo made plenty of breaks and scored quite a few tries from Schuster’s sleight of hand. Hopefully more this weekend!

Burbo and Schuster know each other’s games back to front, from their junior days together, and Burbo made plenty of breaks and scored quite a few tries from Schuster’s sleight of hand. Hopefully more this weekend!
yes good point. Burbo has been good when he plays. Had a tough year with injury again.

He scored that great try off schuster against the roosters.

I rate burbo when fully fit much higher than tuilagi that’s for sure.

yes good point. Burbo has been good when he plays. Had a tough year with injury again.

He scored that great try off schuster against the roosters.

I rate burbo when fully fit much higher than tuilagi that’s for sure.
His DNA suggests he’ll get injured again very quickly.

Like his brother I do wonder if the legacy won’t be that all we remember is glimpses of greatness but mostly being injured.

It’s really really sad , I’d just love to see the brothers ripping it up each week but I fear we never will.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6