Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really like him and I think he will develop into a very solid FG. You could see in his preseason game his defence had improved significantly and he has been really solid every game he has played. Only concern is his injury record but a 2nd row pairing of Ola and Ben is decent.
We need another backrower and lock if we really wanna push for a premiership. Burbo still has some way to go. Remember, we played the dogs. How does he go against the panthers??

We need another backrower and lock if we really wanna push for a premiership. Burbo still has some way to go. Remember, we played the dogs. How does he go against the panthers??
I get frustrated with “it was only the Bulldogs” comments. Was he supposed to take it easy and not put in?

The stats @Ryan presented showed he dominated a poor side with some notable forwards opposing. This has not been a one off performance by Brbo and only thing stopping his progress this year has been his hammies and head knocks.

Not trying to be the Kool-aid Kid on here but pointing out positives of a developing player should be discussed and celebrated.

I'll be interested to see him after another pre-season. He's got a lanky build, bit bigger this year and probably more solid again next year.

Much better signs this season with his overall game involvement and preparedness do the hard yards
Nice touch with that slick and vital try against the Roosters some time ago to show that he can be a good open field runner if the opportunity is there .
Maybe a couple of injury prone concerns but seems to bounce back quite quickly so in his favor there to date
Probably see him more in the bench , utility role next season like a Jet Ski , Tom Symonds role .
Still no doubt on a bit of a learning curve but has the size and mobility to offer something very worthwhile for Manly for ideally many seasons to come

He was running like a centre today and digging in as usual until the head knock which was sickening seeing him stumble around after the hit. I’m glad he has an off season before the next match in Vegas

If he can stay healthy I can't see any reason why Burbo wouldn't be one of our starting back rowers in 2024.

My only concern is that he is injury and concussion prone. But I do feel like back row is definitely his best position and hopefully next year he'll have a better 5/8 and centre-wing combo to play alongside (Brooks, Garrick/Koula and Paulo).

Edit: not to mention big brother Tom chiming in from fullback. And in attack Tom does seem to favour playing left. I'm looking forward to seeing Tom and/or Garrick or Koula running off of Luke Brooks in 2024.

Last edited:
The TurbBen looked real good tonight. Seriously though he does need to take some tips from Jake in the off-season on body positioning in defence. And I am betting he will do just that, he is a pretty serious young guy.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8