Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Flanagan made a mistake, payed the price. Move on
Well that's my main worry about him. Mistake with peptides, perhaps, but then he snuck around to avoid 'paying the price' of his suspension, that's another mistake. And then he lied about that. Mistake...

Trevor better start showing something, I have not seen a lot of the "amazing talented third brother" people speak of ... he's not looking like a second rower so far so he had better become an awesome centre. Dunno, jury is out.

Trevor better start showing something, I have not seen a lot of the "amazing talented third brother" people speak of ... he's not looking like a second rower so far so he had better become an awesome centre. Dunno, jury is out.
The jury maybe out but I think it’s a little unfair to be too critical of a lot of fringe players given the last two seasons have been ruined due to Covid and many of those players haven’t had a chance to develop their game in the lower grades.The problem for the Manly fringe players is that they either go back to Blacktown and the team is a shambles or there’s different blokes in important positions every week.Or they are spared the Blacktown trip and miss a week or two not playing at all because Des would rather the 18&19th men to not play at all than at Blacktown

How did the Change work out when we moved on from Baz ?

We saw The same improvement as the Dogs did when they moved him on as well
yes but the common denominator is Barret just aint any good ,not that I think Hasler should be moved on either

Change for the sake of change isn't change. Its panic. Look at the cowboys. Say what you like but they were a few losses away from sacking payton. The world was falling in and there was no hope.
Rabbits as well. They were shot ducks a month back. Coach on the block. Latrell comes back and life is good again.
Tom didn't hide the sides form last season. Tom hit new levels which is why he's paid top dollar. Latrell is one. Teddy is one. Munster is one. All these players fundamentally increase their sides chances from possibles to probable when they play well.

We have all sorts of issues at the club but head coach isn't even close to the top position.
Change is not made just for the sake of it but for the sake of improvement

As for your cowboys example the 2022 team had changes made to their 2021 underperforming team and an injection of an experienced premiership winning halfback Townsand . They released the under performing Esan Marsters and brought in Hiku . They released their 5/8 clifford and replaced him with Deardon. Also Jeremiah Nanai the up and coming young player was a refreshing and dynamic change
Change was needed and the end results paid off . The Cowbots are Finals Bound !!!

The South Sydney Rabbits also made a change . The wrong change of getting rid of their Captain and play maker Reynonds and they have not been the dominant team they were when they made the grand final last year .

As for your Tom Turbo and Latrell and Teddy argument
All good players make a difference to a team but all good teams can step up without their star players as Penrith were missing not one but three of their elite players in their captain and star halfback Cleary their star 5/8 Luai and their star second rower Kikau and defeated the raiders in Canberra

As for the head coach , If he does not have the right cattle he wont have success

The moral of the story
Change does make a difference and every one lives and dies by the changes they make in their lives

Last edited:
yes but the common denominator is Barret just aint any good ,not that I think Hasler should be moved on either
That is right feathered friend . Barret was not any good but you must admit Des was a change for the better .

Our next change for the better is not our coach . The change is to get better players to improve our team .

I wouldn’t get too excited about Flanno. He won a premiership (so did Michael McGuire lol) but everything else about his time at Cronulla was mediocre. He won them a spoon. They limped into the finals a couple of times. Made the top four once. He was hardly an elite coach in the vein of Bellamy, or dare I say it, Hasler, who has coached teams to 5 GF appearances.

I’d like to see Hasler bring a fresh approach to how we play next year…new style, etc. but I’m very wary of sacking a coach unless the club is down the bottom of the ladder. Lots of circumstances and variables contribute to unsuccessful seasons; it’s rarely as simple as sack a coach.
It would be great if des evolved in his approach... even a solid assistant with new ideas would be great, however being manly, firstly we wouldn't pay the $ & secondly des wouldn't listen

It would be great if des evolved in his approach... even a solid assistant with new ideas would be great, however being manly, firstly we wouldn't pay the $ & secondly des wouldn't listen
The only thing that Des needs is an addition of players that can play with the same winning resilience as he did and we will win another grand final

The only thing that Des needs is an addition of players that can play with the same winning resilience as he did and we will win another grand final
Well who is in charge or retention and recruitment to ensure we gain these additions?

Re Ben until he gets a decent run in first grade in the same position for a few weeks I am not sure anyone can judge (although that might be the judge that he can not get a run)

As for change there is a delicate balance. I have banged on about it before but Ben Darwin does some pretty good stuff about stability and what that does for a team

Re Ben until he gets a decent run in first grade in the same position for a few weeks I am not sure anyone can judge (although that might be the judge that he can not get a run)

As for change there is a delicate balance. I have banged on about it before but Ben Darwin does some pretty good stuff about stability and what that does for a team

Darwin Theory Perspective .....
It’s not that Exeter necessarily make better players: they take players and get the most out of them
Ben Darwin

The thing is though..... Premiership winning success only applies with certain players that have what it takes and are able to step up and take you to the top

AS you can only squeeze so much juice from each orange

And you cannot turn a donkey into a thoroughbred

The moral of the story ...
Some players have their limits and are limited to what they can acheive

The Great Achievers
Our benchmark of Excellence and
Our Legendary Dual premiership winning team 1972 and 1973
1659925935324.png

Just my opinion but Ben to me is just a younger version of Parker. Solid and reliable and not expecting much more even with his name.

Well that's my main worry about him. Mistake with peptides, perhaps, but then he snuck around to avoid 'paying the price' of his suspension, that's another mistake. And then he lied about that. Mistake...

Haha credit for putting that old Bush chestnut up, always makes me laugh.

My point is we as a club haven’t exactly had our hands clean, as I previously stated. Personally feel he has done enough. I mean do you just want to punish him forever? People aren’t perfect, many make mistakes only to come back and redeem themselves.

Just my opinion but Ben to me is just a younger version of Parker. Solid and reliable and not expecting much more even with his name.
Playing for a club like Manly that has been made great by Legendary premiership Grand final and finals winning players is a hard act to follow

We have seen such extraordinary Centres and Back rowers in our Clubs Magnificent Era of Greatness

The Veteran Parker has made his NRL debut in 2016 .Before he got injured in the 7 games he played.

The Manly official stat list below show he has contributed to no line breaks , no try assists and no tries . He does try hard but is fruitless in attack

. To his credit he is a competent defended but his lack of speed can also be a liability against faster quality opposition .

Ben who is in his first NRL Year hopefully can progress to more than he has shown

Last edited:
Haha credit for putting that old Bush chestnut up, always makes me laugh.

My point is we as a club haven’t exactly had our hands clean, as I previously stated. Personally feel he has done enough. I mean do you just want to punish him forever? People aren’t perfect, many make mistakes only to come back and redeem themselves.
No I don't want to punish him, just prefer we don't hire him to guide our young footy players. As I said earlier he does a decent job on TV. Some club will hire him eventually though.
Not sure about our succession plan. Monas? I wish Glenn Stewart was interested, always thought he looked like a future coach somehow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8