Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This is how Hasler operates, remember how long it took Guaca to get a run after his sensational debut? It's a wonder that all of our promising juniors aren't looking elsewhere, other clubs elevate players with great success, it just doesn't happen with us. Time for change for the sake of our club and our sanity
So very true of Guaca, saw his debut match, then got injured in the reserves and was out for some time as I remember. Tuiliavaki, sorry for the spelling, is of the same mould. Lets just hope he doesn't have to wait as long as Guaca did.

He's been unlucky in first grade so far - injuries and head high shots have given the guy no momentum to play multiple games in a row.

However from a smallish sample size I haven't seen too much to think he can be anymore than just a decent first grader. Does he have an elite skill? Doesn't really seem fast enough to play in the centres and doesn't seem powerful enough to be impactful in the forwards.

He's young so hopefully he still has considerable room for improvement. But at this stage I can't see him being more than just a fringe first grader.

Interested to hear if others think he can be more than this,
You just about summed it up feathered friend

He is not a Tom and he is not a Jake and if he does not make it Great on the footy field

There are other areas in life where he can become Great in .

We lack direction on the field and off the field. Why would any young prospect want come near the joint. We will loose good young players the longer Penn hangs onto Des. Des finished poorly at the Dogs and is heading on the same course again. Turbos stellar season in 2021 simply provided camouflage. Things won’t improve without change.

Things won’t improve without change.

Great quote feathered friend @Tragic Eagle

The Great Winston agrees with you !!!

See the source image

If, as an owner, you think your current coach show no promise of delivering a premiership, why would you not look around? Surely it can't be that much of a tax lurk that you're going to be content with being an also ran?
If I owned the Seaeagles I would look at mitigating circumstances around where the club is and realise its little to do with the coaching.

Change for the sake of change isn't change. Its panic. Look at the cowboys. Say what you like but they were a few losses away from sacking payton. The world was falling in and there was no hope.
Rabbits as well. They were shot ducks a month back. Coach on the block. Latrell comes back and life is good again.
Tom didn't hide the sides form last season. Tom hit new levels which is why he's paid top dollar. Latrell is one. Teddy is one. Munster is one. All these players fundamentally increase their sides chances from possibles to probable when they play well.

We have all sorts of issues at the club but head coach isn't even close to the top position.

Yes he is smart but he's the opposite to Des in terms of being able to build a principled club culture.
Haha bit rich, how’s our culture at the moment?
Players split, needing mediators to come in.

One player on serious charges for an alleged crime.

Ohh yeah and let’s not forget our winning culture , been missing for years and now in our biggest premiership drought ever. Don’t really think we can get all high and mighty on other teams/people.

Flanagan made a mistake, payed the price. Move on.

All just hypothetical though isn’t it..

Last edited:
I wouldn’t get too excited about Flanno. He won a premiership (so did Michael McGuire lol) but everything else about his time at Cronulla was mediocre. He won them a spoon. They limped into the finals a couple of times. Made the top four once. He was hardly an elite coach in the vein of Bellamy, or dare I say it, Hasler, who has coached teams to 5 GF appearances.

I’d like to see Hasler bring a fresh approach to how we play next year…new style, etc. but I’m very wary of sacking a coach unless the club is down the bottom of the ladder. Lots of circumstances and variables contribute to unsuccessful seasons; it’s rarely as simple as sack a coach.

Last edited:
Go on .... What would you be doing? Interested, not being provocative.
Where to start. Front office top down would be a good place. There needs to be better communication between the corprate side and football side.
As an owner I would not be looking to put profit before results. The best sides in any sport are funded properly. If funded these organisations will produce more profit over time.
There would be a team that just deals with fan and member alignment. I would want the team to deal with enquiries in an efficient and professional manner.
A new business team would look at disruptive media and new technologies to get the most MWSE coverage not just locally but Globally.
I would look to leverage celebrity and well know figures in the social media sphere.
4 pines catering and facilities would be upgraded making game the day experience much much better.
I would set up better pathways looking at all nations and have a network of scouts not just in Australia but globally.

On day 2 I would.................

The only momentous things Burbo has done is get concussed and taken off the field. At this stage, I'm not seeing what he brings to the table, but I may stand corrected in the future.
Sadly - I absolutely agree - I cannot see anything in him except he is just a body who might be able to play Centre/Second Row ok. He really has not shown anything yet. Not writing him off... but he needs to show us something. The only game fans on here raved about him was the game he scored two tries.. when he just had to fall over the line both times and really didn't show us anything that night either. Anyway - he really needs to aim up when he next gets a chance.

Sadly - I absolutely agree - I cannot see anything in him except he is just a body who might be able to play Centre/Second Row ok. He really has not shown anything yet. Not writing him off... but he needs to show us something. The only game fans on here raved about him was the game he scored two tries.. when he just had to fall over the line both times and really didn't show us anything that night either. Anyway - he really needs to aim up when he next gets a chance.
It seems to be a repeating trend with brothers playing in the NRL. The Burgess, The MacDougalls, The Walkers, The Jennings etc. There's always one or two in the set that aren't cut out for the NRL. They always end up split up, playing for different clubs as well. Ben may just be that brother in the set ?

P.S it also makes you wonder if all these players mention above for eg. actually really get a look in if it wasn't for the success of their older brothers or last name.

He just seems to be too slow and not powerful enough for center, too lightweight for backrow.
He gets clobbered a lot so he needs to bulk up in off season. Someone needs to decide where he's best suited and shape him for that position. So far I'm not seeing a top 8 team first grader in him so this off season will be huge for his future.

That's why Des would be a good shout for "head of football" type role.. keep someone like flanno in check but still bring in a coach with a fresh set of eyes and dare I say it a fresh defensive/ bench utilisation
Which is the intent with Hasler.

On the other issue, Flanagan has been shown up as a man of poor ethical standards. Why import potential trouble?

Think that a real problem for Ben this season is that he has just played only limited game time , probably should be making a little more impact when he has played but again limited footy time probably has not helped his progress . Obviously big enough and quite athletic , has done well in patches , other times just seems a bit off the pace . Can " see him lacking dedication , just has to keep working on his game and maybe get a harder edge to it and a bit better and safer tackling technique . Good if he can stay in the Manly system and hopefully the really good impression he made at particularly junior rep level can translate to a better level for him in the top grade quite soon

It seems to be a repeating trend with brothers playing in the NRL. The Burgess, The MacDougalls, The Walkers, The Jennings etc. There's always one or two in the set that aren't cut out for the NRL. They always end up split up, playing for different clubs as well. Ben may just be that brother in the set ?

P.S it also makes you wonder if all these players mention above for eg. actually really get a look in if it wasn't for the success of their older brothers or last name.
Yes I think you are probably right. I just dont see him as a high quality NRL player. He so far is just ok. He doesn't show great defensive technique and certainly doesn't leave defenders in his wake. Maybe he grows into a really good solid player. I haven't given up all hope but we need to see improvement in his next few games whenever they are or forget that experiment.

I think Ben is just solid. He won’t let anyone down but he is not going to turn a game on its head.

A solid player shows their worth week in week out by consistently working hard and not letting their teammates down. When that kind of player gets 15 minutes here and there, it can be underwhelming because flashes of brilliance are not their strength.

If he was string a couple of months of solid first grade together, we’d see that offers that reliable and consistent rock.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11