Ben Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We taking bets on this weeks game?? Head knock or hamstring?? Which will end his night early THIS time??

I like the kid, and I really want to see him step up and cement a spot in first grade, but I don’t think he’s managed to play more than 2 or 3 games back to back in the last 3 season has he???
I wouldn’t be dropping Keppie for him tonight but that’s just me

I
We taking bets on this weeks game?? Head knock or hamstring?? Which will end his night early THIS time??

I like the kid, and I really want to see him step up and cement a spot in first grade, but I don’t think he’s managed to play more than 2 or 3 games back to back in the last 3 season has he???
I wouldn’t be dropping Keppie for him tonight but that’s just me
I think Keppie has back spasms

Really like him and I think he will develop into a very solid FG. You could see in his preseason game his defence had improved significantly and he has been really solid every game he has played. Only concern is his injury record but a 2nd row pairing of Ola and Ben is decent.

yeah, love what Burbo's bringing to the table, yesterday, he was powering through tackles and looking every bit the footballer who demands to be in this Manly team from now on.
Next season's pack will be interesting. What we've learned is that Tulilagi is not of NRL standard, so I have discounted him. I also feel Jurbo should revert to prop. He no longer has any speed, tackle busting power and limited forward-backs linking skills so put him where his defence is best utilised.
Gucca is one second rower, and potentially the best in the NRL. It leaves the positions of one second rower and a lock to be filled. For me, that comes down to Bully, Burbo and Matterson, with Fulton a back-up. All of these players have speed, which is what our pack lacks currently.
So, for me, it's Bully in the second row and Burbo as lock with Matterson on the bench.
As in recent years our 2024 team looks strong on paper, but injuries always disrupt our chances. Hopefully we will have more depth next season, based on the improvement shown by some of the Worker lads who should be upgraded into our top 30.

I am happily eating humble pie. He has come along really well this year. We definitely can’t call him Trevor or the 3rd brother anymore. He is going to be a very good player for us for years to come.
Interestingly though I think he only signed a 1 year extension - he wanted to back himself in. We will not get him on the cheap.

Interestingly though I think he only signed a 1 year extension - he wanted to back himself in. We will not get him on the cheap.
Whoah there sailor. He wouldn't be making Panthers / Broncos / Warriors - even Chooks teams right now.

Let's see him being a little less injury prone, a little more consistent, and a bit more of a difference maker before we claim we'll not get him on the cheap.

Last thing we need is more desperation contracts offered (see Schuster). At this stage, he's a 120k-175k player and rightfully so.

Next season's pack will be interesting. What we've learned is that Tulilagi is not of NRL standard, so I have discounted him. I also feel Jurbo should revert to prop. He no longer has any speed, tackle busting power and limited forward-backs linking skills so put him where his defence is best utilised.
Gucca is one second rower, and potentially the best in the NRL. It leaves the positions of one second rower and a lock to be filled. For me, that comes down to Bully, Burbo and Matterson, with Fulton a back-up. All of these players have speed, which is what our pack lacks currently.
So, for me, it's Bully in the second row and Burbo as lock with Matterson on the bench.
As in recent years our 2024 team looks strong on paper, but injuries always disrupt our chances. Hopefully we will have more depth next season, based on the improvement shown by some of the Worker lads who should be upgraded into our top 30.
Agree with most of your comments Who, just not sold on Bully starting, great as an impact of the bench tho. Tuliagai has been disappointing, came back after his facial injury and played a blinder then nothing after that. Did have a few good hit-ups yesterday but his defence is what lets him down. Seib's will be wanting to give him a chance to atone in the early rounds next year, think there's a good footballer in there somewhere, but geez, we ain't seeing it atm...

What about the Schu Who ?
He would have to be given the chance at Lock before Fulton or even Matterson (who has been very good ) don't you think ? Also I think Bully is a great FR off the bench at this stage where his leg drive makes metres .Anyways good win yesterday .

Best thing about Ben, he bases his game on effort.
Very much a Trbojevic trait, and so important in NRL.
Jake Arthur is a bit like that too, and no surprise they were in our side yesterday at the expense of Kelma and Schu (although I reckon both those will keep improving too).

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8