[Resurrected] Ben Trbojevic hoping to follow in footsteps of big brothers at Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Keppie spilled it forward attempting to pass. Just inexperience.
I agree he has really looked the part at times this year and, at just 23, he will certainly continue to improve (assuming he doesn't keep getting knocked out).
yes sorry I was at the game and you can't see on the replays and I am yet to watch the whole game again. It looked like DCE dropped it from where I was sitting. Also looked like iof that sticks DCE had the fullback to beat not sure if anyone like Walker was trailing.

Could we get Korisau back? Letting him go = huge mistake. If not, seeing as Dylan has trouble making run on side, and now seems to love playing 4 Manly, could he re-purposed to play hooker?
Re Marty, I kinda agree but he's still pretty good. Joe Gnulavao I think was our best workhorse prop in recent years, but his kind don't come along that often.So yep Jake to prop.
Could Ben Turbo replace Harper? How good is he? Surely the presence of his 2 world beating bros is going to constantly lift his game, just for family pride - if nothing else.
So I think Parker is a better prospect than Suli, and if injury free sorts that out. I don't think you can expect Suli to become Skivvy, or Killer. For me he's too patchy.Seems unaware of what's going on around him. Praps he can be coached to be the next Curtis S.
Some of this hurts, because it's a reminder of what a champion team we had in the Golden years, right across the park. Some if those guys are still with us! FOZ, Chez, albeit in their Twilight years.

Ben looks off the pace to me. Big and cumbersome. Modern game is about athletic or hard arsed backrowers. Bullemore (if we sign him) will be the prototype for the athletic type although may feature more as a Prop/Lock, I think Davey will give us a point of difference in our team (grit) and I wouldn't mind Nikocore (spelling?) from the Eels although he is rumoured to be off to the Warriors.

Ben looks off the pace to me. Big and cumbersome. Modern game is about athletic or hard arsed backrowers. Bullemore (if we sign him) will be the prototype for the athletic type although may feature more as a Prop/Lock, I think Davey will give us a point of difference in our team (grit) and I wouldn't mind Nikocore (spelling?) from the Eels although he is rumoured to be off to the Warriors.
Yes , to be honest ( and don’t crucify me for this ) I wonder is he still there because of his last name ??

I get he’s inexperienced but , well that’s it sort of , but !!!!

I wonder is he still there because of his last name ??
I have certainly thought this, He was touted by the Club in combination with Josh Schuster as moving to the big time last year in February, the outcome, Schuster is a fixture and Ben appears to require a longer cooking time. ( Would you like to be the bloke that had to wander up to Turbo and say "sorry mate we just gave Ben the bums rush".

I wonder is he still there because of his last name ??
Ben looks the goods to me. He had very limited time in the NRL this year, but showed he can tackle, including a front on try saver. He is reputed to have pace, having mostly played as a centre in the juniors.

I think the reason Ben only played a few games was because, several weeks before the end of the season, Des stopped selecting players he wasn't going to use in the finals, e.g. Jack played once and was then dropped.

I think Ben will develop into a regular first grader - look forward to seeing Jake poke his nose through the line with Tom & Ben supporting him either side :)

Ben looks the goods to me. He had very limited time in the NRL this year, but showed he can tackle, including a front on try saver. He is reputed to have pace, having mostly played as a centre in the juniors.

I think the reason Ben only played a few games was because, several weeks before the end of the season, Des stopped selecting players he wasn't going to use in the finals, e.g. Jack played once and was then dropped.

I think Ben will develop into a regular first grader - look forward to seeing Jake poke his nose through the line with Tom & Ben supporting him either side :)

Perfect time over the off season to be groomed as a centre.
He is taller than Tommy, obviously not as fast or agile.
But how fast and agile is he? More than Parker and Harper?

Yes I agree totally - he can. He has mongrel - he takes on the opposition "hard man" and makes it mano mano. He absolutely is the man. He punched a hole early against Souths with a tough run only for DCE to drop it or over run it. He makes yards. He also has some real starch in defence. A fit and non suspended Aloiai also has mongrel, takes the tough carries and also can whack in defence.
The pass wasn't on needed to hang onto it,I think Keppie and Aloia are our starting props both look suited to that softening up period of the game

The pass wasn't on needed to hang onto it,I think Keppie and Aloia are our starting props both look suited to that softening up period of the game
agreed - and yes if he couldn't get his hands free or a good pass - hang on. But I gather if the pass sticks and we score we are heaping praise on him. Fine line... but yes we just need to be slightly smarter with the ball.

That attempted offload from Keppie simply epitomises what was wrong with our approach to the entire game...5 mins in...on our side of halfway and off the back of wedging in behind the markers for a good run of which we could kick off the back of with momentum, but we wanna score, god damn it!!! One could argue that if it comes off, he’s a genius, but it didn’t and that is because it’s a low % play, and that’s the whole point. Prelim finals require something else in the opening 5 minutes and it doesn’t involve risky offloads.

Just terrible.

Think that Burbo can be at a solid i st grade level , has the natural ability and size , defense looks to be gradually improving . In the short term or next season would most likely expect Walker and 2 props on the bench with the present back row arrangement . Maybe it could come down to Lawton , Bullimor and Burbo vying for a vacant spot there . Know that Burbo has played some centre at a junior level but would be a big adjustment at i st grade level , indications again at present would seem best suited to back row . Would be good to have Burbo join his brothers on a longer term basis at Manly

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2