[Resurrected] Ben Trbojevic hoping to follow in footsteps of big brothers at Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have to apologise, I thought Ben's career would be under the shadow of his more famous brothers, like Trevor Chappell, Dean Waugh or Zeppo Marx. Instead the tries Tom (left side corner) and Ben (right side corner) set up yesterday were mirror images.

And actually Ben's first try was last year against the Dogs. Until the Bunker robbed him of it with a stoopid interpretation that went against more than 100 years of sensible kick return rules. See 3m36s.

With 2 tries and an assist i think center is his spot. Perfect build for a center, probably similar speed to tom or at least a bit faster than parker.
I like him at centre. I don’t think he is the right build for a modern day edge player. The best edge forwards are beasts in the modern game. Harper was his usual turn style self yesterday and Parker is out for an extended period. I’d like our centres to be Koula and Burbo!

I think tonight showed again why he is not an NRL centre...
Rushed up many times when not needed and Garrick did the correct thing as a winger when your centre makes a decision and went up with him and then Reynolds put in kicks over the top and behind and Cobbo had a field day.
Second row is his spot,don't think picking a guy in a position because he has a build suited to a particular position is how you select a player...
People may say Parker is not the swiftest......but Burbo is glacial in comparison.

Last edited:
Rushed up many times when not needed and Garrick did the correct thing as a winger when your centre makes a decision and went up with him and then Reynolds put in kicks over the top and behind and Cobbo had a field day.
Second row is his spot,don't think picking a guy in a position because he has a build suited to a particular position is how you select a player...
People may say Parker is not the swiftest......but Burbo is glacial in comparison.
Whilst I agree,BenT is not a centre at the moment,there was nothing they could do about those Cobbo tries from kicks.They were on early tackles and pin point accurate.I know it’s easy to just blame someone or look for an excuse for tries conceded,but sometimes you just have to give credit to the opposition.If instead of kicking and Reynolds puts the ball through the hands in those plays,they don’t score,other than miss tackles of course

I didn't watch the second half last night and while he was super enthusiastic in the first half and tried to put some shots on - to me he is not a first grade centre. Last week people on here were raving about him... in my view he went ok - missed some tackles and scored two tries where he really had nothing to do but fall over the line. I am still on the fence but I am not sure he is a first grade centre or backrow. He is still yet to prove anything to me.

Reynolds post game said they’d spotted in their preparation that Manly rush in and that’s why he was able to nail those kicks. It’s Manly’s defensive tactics, so a bit rough to blame Burbo for it.

Yes he's only a 20 year old with less than 10 games, but his performances don't scream 'first grade centre' in the way Koula's do.

Doesn't mean he won't/can't be a good (or better) first grade centre but I'm still undecided at the moment...

1. Burbo is a backrower
2. We miss Brad Parker (didn't think I would have said that 3 months ago)
I flip and flop with Parker,mainly due to the potential of having Tuipulotu playing there and having Saab back(yes i maybe on my own with the my positivity around what Saab can offer) but the more I watch other centres more I realise that there’s not many,if any,better defensive centres

I flip and flop with Parker,mainly due to the potential of having Tuipulotu playing there and having Saab back(yes i maybe on my own with the my positivity around what Saab can offer) but the more I watch other centres more I realise that there’s not many,if any,better defensive centres
It’s taken you this long?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8