Be Manly ........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Eagle said:
Volley said:
I didn't see the rest of the post, but the "[edited for unsubstantiated gossip]" would clean up 90% of threads over the last 2 months. I welcome these edits, but I don't think there's enough mods, or minutes in the day to edit all "unsubstantiated gossip" posts. Seems an odd edit considering all the rumours floating around which are being posted. For example, cliffylyons first post in this thread.

Yes,but it only happened to my post which makes me wonder alot about the identity of rambo***** and all the other one timers who give us hot tips about whoever has left

Bit weird if you ask me and about as consistant as David Gallop

Your memory is as good as some of your ideas. I PMed you in the last two days outlining what had happened to your favorite poster. So don't give us grief - we are fixing things.

Looks like they are at it again....

DOGS GET PARRA ANNOYED

Rivalry Round just got spicier. In a provocative move before the Parramatta-Canterbury clash at ANZ Stadium on Friday, savvy Bulldogs officials have produced a line of limited-edition T-shirts to mark the occasion. The shirts show a Bulldog mauling an Eels jersey with the words ‘‘Friends don’t let friends be Eels fans’’ emblazoned on it.

globaleagle said:

DOGS GET PARRA ANNOYED

Rivalry Round just got spicier. In a provocative move before the Parramatta-Canterbury clash at ANZ Stadium on Friday, savvy Bulldogs officials have produced a line of limited-edition T-shirts to mark the occasion. The shirts show a Bulldog mauling an Eels jersey with the words ‘‘Friends don’t let friends be Eels fans’’ emblazoned on it.

no doubt about it, they are a real class act out there(insert sarcasm emoticon)

I for one think this is good for Rugby League. I hate the Dogs more than anything in the world, even more than AFL and Demetriou. But these sort of marketing ploys really work the tribalism factor and that's what League is, very tribal. I would like to see our club go with a similar theme. The best marketing I have ever seen was the flag giveaway at Brooky for the Storm game a few weeks ago. To see a maroon and white wave of flags was the best thing ever. I took a Parra supporting mate and he said how great it looked. This creates the tribalism that any sport thrives on. I also love it when it backfires on them and they lose and Snake says "be Manly, don't be a dog".

I see your point (as my eyes are open) and I too like the tribalism aspect of sports. I would add that there is a positive side to the manly 'flag give away' aspect which looked fantastic, as opposed to a negative campaign to the shirt's logo.

To liken parra fans to the "drink drive" negative connotation is a little below the belt (belt - drink, get it) and one could argue it is even worse than the 'be Manly - be a dog' backfire of a promo.

I think clubs should have a responsibility to promote tribalism in a positive way, not saying one teams fans are as bad as drink drivers. I won't be surprised if this is Parra's response either.

That said, I could be being a little overly PC here as I usually have my dogs hatin' glasses on!

GO MANLY

Keep wavin' those flags!

The expression in the Eagle's eyes echos the disdain I feel for the GreenTurd and his lapdogs :p

Thanks for posting the photo.

you_cant_fix_stupid_tshirt-p235639099950160951adc0r_325.jpg

2e55idh.gif

globaleagle said:
I see your point (as my eyes are open) and I too like the tribalism aspect of sports. I would add that there is a positive side to the manly 'flag give away' aspect which looked fantastic, as opposed to a negative campaign to the shirt's logo.

To liken parra fans to the "drink drive" negative connotation is a little below the belt (belt - drink, get it) and one could argue it is even worse than the 'be Manly - be a dog' backfire of a promo.

I think clubs should have a responsibility to promote tribalism in a positive way, not saying one teams fans are as bad as drink drivers. I won't be surprised if this is Parra's response either.

That said, I could be being a little overly PC here as I usually have my dogs hatin' glasses on!

GO MANLY

Keep wavin' those flags!

Yeah way too PC.

Being a football fan is about giving it to other fans in any and every way. The can't be treated as human. They're vermin to be exterminated.

I like to think that if a little hadicapped girl in an enemy jersey tripped over in front of me that i'd laugh and move on. Now the reality probably is that i don't have it in me to be that big an aresehole but i try to get myself in that mindset when going to the footy. I'll at least talk it up, even if i couldn't go through with it.

Death to all infidels. Anything goes.

I think the fact these shirts are produced by the club shows Canterbury's lack of respect and disdain towards other clubs. I think it's poor form.

Cameron said:
I think the fact these shirts are produced by the club shows Canterbury's lack of respect and disdain towards other clubs. I think it's poor form.

Get out of it.

No one should have any respect or show anything but disdain towards any other club.

You should have no time for any other club or anyone that supports them.

Duff said:
Cameron said:

Get out of it.

No one should have any respect or show anything but disdain towards any other club.

You're showing respect towards their marketing department.

globaleagle said:

DOGS GET PARRA ANNOYED

It shows complete lack of class by Canterbury & provides motivation for the opposition team. I hope Ha$ler's blood pressure goes through the roof when Greenberg pulls cheap publicity stunts like this.

Manly don't need to resort to that level because we let our footy do the talking. Bring on Friday 20th July!

Mals said:
globaleagle said:

DOGS GET PARRA ANNOYED

It shows complete lack of class by Canterbury & provides motivation for the opposition team. I hope Ha$ler's blood pressure goes through the roof when Greenberg pulls cheap publicity stunts like this.

Manly don't need to resort to that level because we let our footy do the talking. Bring on Friday 20th July!

If we play like we did yesterday, then Friday 20th July 2012 will be a bloodbath.......and not a good one for us.

Volley said:
Duff said:
Cameron said:

Get out of it.

No i'm not. I think the t-shirt obsession is stupid.
I just don't get why people want class and respect to be shown between enemies.

Like i've said earler, if you get a chance to push someone in an enemy jersey in front of a bus, take it before they do it to you.

There is no rugby league community, no agree to disagree and enjoy a good game.
There is only a bunch of c*nts who want their team to take our trophy away. We invest time and money in supporting our team and they have the gaul to wish that we have wasted it. F*ck them.

Duff said:
Volley said:
Duff said:
Cameron said:

Get out of it.

No i'm not. I think the t-shirt obsession is stupid.
I just don't get why people want class and respect to be shown between enemies.

Like i've said earler, if you get a chance to push someone in an enemy jersey in front of a bus, take it before they do it to you.

There is no rugby league community, no agree to disagree and enjoy a good game.
There is only a bunch of c*nts who want their team to take our trophy away. We invest time and money in supporting our team and they have the gaul to wish that we have wasted it. F*ck them.

Haha, classic.

Inbreeding was on show at half time yesterday. A Dogs Fan in a white face mask :huh:, dogs jersey and waving a dogs flag was on the northern stairs trying to get into the Jane Try stand.

A Manly Supporter wrenched the offending flag and flung it off the stand :D Everyone cheered as loud as if Wolfie had scored his 5th :p

The fact you are talking about a game 2 weeks away indicates how good a job the bulldogs marketing team is doing

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4