Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Jackson Hastings has only ever once been named to start in the halves for Manly. And that day he didn't actually start in the halves. It was ironically last years game in Wollongong against St Merge.

Green was out injured, as was Api and Lewis Brown. Hastings was named at 5/8, Cam Cullen at hooker and Joey Lussick was on the bench. Though as we all know, in his infinite wisdom, Barrett decided about an hour before kick off to play Jacko at hooker and Cullen in the halves. After being what, 30-0 down at half time, Barrett hooked Cullen, brought Lussick on to play hooker and Jacko moved to 5/8....and in about 20 or so minutes the score went from 30-0 to 30-22 including a try from dummy half by Joey. Then, again using his infinite wisdom, Barrett hooked Lussick and put Cullen back on with Hastings moving back to hooker. The score blew out to 52-22 by the end.
I was overseas all of July 2017 wasn't aware Hastings was meant to be the starting half that game. Seems things went much better in the 2nd half of the dragons game when he was at half. He is a very good goal kicker and has that want to win attitude which is something we seem to be lacking at the moment..

I was overseas all of July 2017 wasn't aware Hastings was meant to be the starting half that game. Seems things went much better in the 2nd half of the dragons game when he was at half. He is a very good goal kicker and has that want to win attitude which is something we seem to be lacking at the moment..

We did go a lot better, helped by having Lussick at hooker.

As it was, Jacko seemed to cop the brunt of the blame for the loss and he didn't play first grade again until this year.

In breaking news Hastings may or may not be leaving for the Super League:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/sea-eagles/banished-manly-fiveeighth-jackson-hastings-on-super-leagues-radar/

Banished Manly five-eighth Jackson Hastings on Super League’s radar
June 14, 2018
JACKSON Hastings may not finish the season at Manly, with English clubs circling for the troubled playmaker’s signature.

Hastings’ manager Sam Ayoub confirmed a number of English Super League teams have expressed interest in the banished five-eighth.

The former Roosters and St George Illawarra talent has spent the majority of the season in the Intrust Super Premiership with Blacktown after Manly teammates refused to play alongside him.

The Sea Eagles have been hit hard by injury, but they refuse to go against their word and name Hastings in the NRL.

This was even the case when the club lost starting hooker Api Koroisau for 8 to 10 weeks with a fractured right foot.

Koroisau’s injury opened the door for rising No. 9 Manase Fainu to make his NRL debut against St George Illawarra on Saturday.

Despite naming Fainu, the NRL refused to grant him an official clearance to play.

The NRL then rejected Manly’s exemption request, claiming the Sea Eagles already had three fit hookers in Hastings, Lewis Brown and Matt Wright.

Hastings can’t get a look in for first grade this season.
Coach Trent Barrett has opted to select Brown at hooker for this weekend’s clash against the Dragons.

This leaves Hastings to once again play for Blacktown in the reserve grade ranks.

Ayoub says the dropped playmaker’s preference is to remain in Australia, but this could change if he fails to pick up a new NRL club.

It’s understood one NRL team has expressed interest in Hastings.

“Jackson isn’t going to England at this stage, but if the interest keeps accelerating the way it has that might change,” Ayoub said.

“He has got commitments here and wants to stay in the NRL — hopefully that can happen.”

Breaking news Jackson Hastings will sign with Huddersfield in the English Super League at the end of this week

From Facebook rumour I think this has legs would be best for both parties

You and your likers are typical of the underachievers that are our 1st grade side. He didn’t need to fill in, as we had a player ostracised at Blacktown who was more than capable of playing hooker/dummy half.

I've been a big Hastings supporter.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Jackson wont be getting a run in 1sts unless there are literally only 17 players available.
I never said that I would prefer Wright over Hastings.......
That doesn't change the point that M.Wright has been serviceable at no. 9.

Do carry on though.

Matty Wright was very good tonight. I was watching his passes from dummy half, they were mostly bullets. He should've started the second half as well. Hodko got caught out a cpl of times in the first ten.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8