Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
That doesn’t answer my question. As I was, indeed.

Good Lord.

Has Hastings said that he has been wronged or unfairly treated?

If I was the victim of baseless lies made on national television I would kick up a bit of a stink.

But you continue to believe that Hastings has done nothing wrong and nasty old Trent is victimising him.

Just because Trent or the club haven't given you the finer details of the incidents.

How rude of them not to keep you privvy to the clubs operations.

Good Lord.

Has Hastings said that he has been wronged or unfairly treated?

If I was the victim of baseless lies made on national television I would kick up a bit of a stink.

But you continue to believe that Hastings has done nothing wrong and nasty old Trent is victimising him.

Just because Trent or the club haven't given you the finer details of the incidents.

How rude of them not to keep you privvy to the clubs operations.
I just want Manly to win football games. I've been forced to support the likes of John Hopoate and Les Boyd over the years so I really couldn't care less who he's offended. Barrett needs to do his job and just pick the best 17 available on game day and I'll do mine and cheer for them.

I couldn't care less if TB doesn't want to pick Hastings. He is the coach and will live or die by his decisions.

What does **** me is TB whinging that we will struggle to field 17 fit players....that is of your own making champ, when you have the Hastings impasse, and releasing others midseason, etc.
Oh, and the Myles free holiday.

I couldn't care less if TB doesn't want to pick Hastings. He is the coach and will live or die by his decisions.

What does **** me is TB whinging that we will struggle to field 17 fit players....that is of your own making champ, when you have the Hastings impasse, and releasing others midseason, etc.
Oh, and the Myles free holiday.
And he chose that stupid bearded Neanderthal Ferris over Don Singe as head conditioner. Injuries were never this bad under Don. Ask titans fans about their injuries when Ferris was there.

Just a quick take on this, from someone who did want Hastings to get a go.
NRL today is a business and we all know there are rules in place at every workplace...for right or wrong, some good, some are crap....but they are set for reason.
Once Hastings has crossed the red line, if the boss allows it, the entire office becomes chaotic as the standards are not maintained.
The long term ripple effect on the team is enough to make me feel ok with Barrett’s decision here and there are a few team selections that have dropped my jaw
It’s simply time to move on, as it’s a mute point - Hastings time at Manly is done.

Hastings is done and won’t selected unless we lose all our current halves options (DCE, Hodko, Walker and Api).

I actually was hoping that he would have got a shot at some stage and there were opportunities presenting themselves everywhere but he keeps stuffing up and only has himself to blame. Repeat offender at various clubs says it all really.

The logic that the reason that they won’t tell us what Hastings has done and that he’s not gone to press about it means it must be his fault is a huge assumption unless based on factual foundation. If what he had done was that bad he wouldn’t be playing for Blacktown and Manly would have be entitled to terminate his contract. It smells like a personal issue between coach and player to the detriment of the team.

The logic that the reason that they won’t tell us what Hastings has done and that he’s not gone to press about it means it must be his fault is a huge assumption unless based on factual foundation. If what he had done was that bad he wouldn’t be playing for Blacktown and Manly would have be entitled to terminate his contract. It smells like a personal issue between coach and player to the detriment of the team.

4 times he has been brought into the team .... 4 times he has been flicked .... this is not simply a matter of personalities ........

I’ll say it for the 50th time, if he crossed the line he should have been terminated. If not, then is good enough to get a run in this ramshackle, injury riddled outfit. The long term ripple effect is he is still at the club and has become an unwanted sideshow. I don’t care if he **** in DCE’s footy boot, he should be playing.
Can say it 60 times - his Manly career is over.
I do agree it has been a circus and will go a step further, I personally supported getting Hastings in there and imo, he should have got more opportunity prior to the indiscretion.
Feel he is a player that would have added energy as the side has lacked it big time, but not to be.
It appears Hasting will not be in any Manly side for the remainder of 2018, so just got to move forward.

Can say it 60 times - his Manly career is over.
I do agree it has been a circus and will go a step further, I personally supported getting Hastings in there and imo, he should have got more opportunity prior to the indiscretion.
Feel he is a player that would have added energy as the side has lacked it big time, but not to be.
It appears Hasting will not be in any Manly side for the remainder of 2018, so just got to move forward.

Maxta old mate ... it is apparent ... to anybody with the deductive powers of an advocado ... that the 3/4 main antagonists on this thread are not interested in the facts or reason ....

If Barrett selected Hastings they would be screaming he is the players mate and has no discipline ....

They simply suffer from premature teat removal and crave the attention their mothers found them unworthy of ... pity them .... but please do not feed them or engage them .... there lies madness and intellectual frustration ....

Maxta old mate ... it is apparent ... to anybody with the deductive powers of an advocado ... that the 3/4 main antagonists on this thread are not interested in the facts or reason ....

If Barrett selected Hastings they would be screaming he is the players mate and has no discipline ....

They simply suffer from premature teat removal and crave the attention their mothers found them unworthy of ... pity them .... but please do not feed them or engage them .... there lies madness and intellectual frustration ....

"Avocado"

@:D
:D
:)
:speechless:
:sweating:
@:cry:

He who assumes great intellect does not necessarily possess it. I respect everybody’s opinion just don’t always agree. If that means my intellect is lacking so be it. Seeking support from others that share your view doesn’t make yours correct. It’s poor form really.

Come on, 100 pages!

He who assumes great intellect does not necessarily possess it. I respect everybody’s opinion just don’t always agree. If that means my intellect is lacking so be it. Seeking support from others that share your view doesn’t make yours correct. It’s poor form really.

Tragic ... there are some who are genuine in their opinion, as I believe you are ... and then there are others who simply jump on Hastings every week just to cause disharmony and chuckle at the resultant angst .... I had not, nor did I intend to intimate that you were one of the later .....

I wonder what motivates Hastings to keep playing solidly in the reserves? Certainly not a shot at first grade. Must be to try and impress future employers (super league could be his last chance saloon maybe?)

Hastings is on decent money and doesn't want to lose it. He's playing for his future otherwise once his contract is finished the money dries up. Given what's happened it makes you wonder why no other NRL clubs want him, so super league is his only option.

Tragic ... there are some who are genuine in their opinion, as I believe you are ... and then there are others who simply jump on Hastings every week just to cause disharmony and chuckle at the resultant angst .... I had not, nor did I intend to intimate that you were one of the later .....

"Avocado"

@:D

I'm so tired.

Carry on and don't feed the trolls. - Julius Caesar.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8