Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

brad

First Grader
That ****ty centre or 5/8 or whatever he was we had a few years back (sorry, can barely remember the bloke) played over in the ESL too after doing a runner from his old club and he came back OK I guess (looked a bit fat and slow for mine). What was his name again..? Jamie Ryan or Bryon or something...
Ah Ryan James Loobs.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
That ****ty centre or 5/8 or whatever he was we had a few years back (sorry, can barely remember the bloke) played over in the ESL too after doing a runner from his old club and he came back OK I guess (looked a bit fat and slow for mine). What was his name again..? Jamie Ryan or Bryon or something...

That guy is also the only player in the last 20 years to have played first grade for Parra and it didn’t kill his career... a bit of an exception to the rule...

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
Even if he goes before june 29 I believe he will still take up 1 of our top 30 spots because we have paid more than 50% of his contract for this year. He is on a backended contract that is something like 150k/350k, which averages to 250k/year, and we would have paid him at least 160k so far this year.

He will take up a spot for the same reason Darcy apparently is.
They may take up spots but you can save that coin by front loading other contracts or evening out backended ones by paying them forward this year. kinda eases our situation next year and softens the salary penalty so we are in a better position to recruit next year

manly al

First Grader
Still have Lane , Suli and Paseka [ and most likely Jetski and Funa ] as surely priority signings with even just normal contracts for future seasons as well so whatever cap amount recovered from any forth coming move by Hastings, can only help in this exercise . [ Hastings was reportedly on around 235 k per season with Manly and with the stated 350 k this season ] . Don"t think that A P I or Siro have finalized their proposed new contracts yet also . If it is going to be the case that he is not going to considered for i st grade again for the remainder of this season , no doubt is in his best interests[ and subsequently Manly :s ] to move on to the E S L and a new start relatively soon .

manly al

First Grader
Still have Lane , Suli and Paseka [ and most likely Jetski and Funa ] as surely priority signings with even just normal contracts for future seasons as well so whatever cap amount recovered from any forth coming move by Hastings, can only help in this exercise . [ Hastings was reportedly on around 235 k per season with Manly and with the stated 350 k this season ] . Don"t think that A P I or Siro have finalized their proposed new contracts yet also . If it is going to be the case that he is not going to considered for i st grade again for the remainder of this season , no doubt is in his best interests[ and subsequently Manly :s ] to move on to the E S L and a new start relatively soon .
I did not include Tanga , he is a quite handy unit [ when fit ] to also ideally retain and if feasible ..

Fluffy

Journey Man
That guy is also the only player in the last 20 years to have played first grade for Parra and it didn’t kill his career... a bit of an exception to the rule...

Guthbo has had a much better career since moving there

Semi went there then got a retirement package and has cashed in as well.

granted it is a short list still

They may take up spots but you can save that coin by front loading other contracts or evening out backended ones by paying them forward this year. kinda eases our situation next year and softens the salary penalty so we are in a better position to recruit next year

Yes, that is true, the 150k odd we would save by flicking Jacko before june 30 would be great, same goes for poo or J Wright etc but I was only replying to someone thinking moving Jacko on would create a top 30 spot. Moving any of these guys on won't free up a spot for a new guy.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Some posters here a little slow on the uptake, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Junior Hastings repeatedly failed to comply with simple requirements. The coach would have been cactus if he did not make a stand.
Of course, the coach may be cactus anyway, but it won't be because he 's scared to make a decision.

I am a slow learner. What requirements did he fail to comply with?

It was said a number of times to the media that theee were repeated infringents and issues with Hastings over the past 18 months.

No details were disclosed. Common sense would tell you that was to protect the privacy of the person involved. The fact he has not argued one single second tells you its obvious he was at fault.

But no doubt the agenda crew will tell us its all bulls*it and a cover up by Barrett.

Those of is that live in reailty know that's not the case, because if this was a personal issue Barrett has and Hastings was not at fault, it would not only have been exposed, but I am sure lawyers would be involved. Neither have happened.

But yes, its all Barrett because the explicit details have not been released to the public.

As you were.

Bubbler

Reserve Grader
That doesn’t answer my question. As I was, indeed.

It was said a number of times to the media that theee were repeated infringents and issues with Hastings over the past 18 months.

No details were disclosed. Common sense would tell you that was to protect the privacy of the person involved. The fact he has not argued one single second tells you its obvious he was at fault.

But no doubt the agenda crew will tell us its all bulls*it and a cover up by Barrett.

Those of is that live in reailty know that's not the case, because if this was a personal issue Barrett has and Hastings was not at fault, it would not only have been exposed, but I am sure lawyers would be involved. Neither have happened.

But yes, its all Barrett because the explicit details have not been released to the public.

As you were.

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
Some posters here a little slow on the uptake, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Junior Hastings repeatedly failed to comply with simple requirements. The coach would have been cactus if he did not make a stand.
Of course, the coach may be cactus anyway, but it won't be because he 's scared to make a decision.

No the only people here that are slow is the coach and all his apologists.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17