Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

brad

First Grader
Nice words Brad. My son played 19s for Wyong Roos and had a small chance to hit Roosters program. Didn’t happen, but it’s probably why I don’t make personal insults toward players...good or bad. Tough game, but tougher when you luck out
Wyong roos , thats a fair effort on its own .

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I'n all honesty, while I think Hodkinson will be good for Manly, I wish it didn't actually have to come to the point where we even needed to chase him mid-season.

But with Hodko's signing, Jacko is basically surplus and while it was certain for him to be pushed out of the club before, he definitely will be now.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
“Think” is the standout word in this post. Lots of thinking devoid of fact on this forum, but who am I to stand in the way of the click bait diatribe. And that is no crack at you personally @Woodsie

I generally take no issue with posters that qualify their opinion with the words "I think" or "in my opinion .... no matter how numbnutted I may consider said opinion ....

It is posts that proclaim brain farts as facts that I usually charge like an outraged Don Miguel de Cervantes creation ...

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I generally take no issue with posters that qualify their opinion with the words "I think" or "in my opinion .... no matter how numbnutted I may consider said opinion ....

It is posts that proclaim brain farts as facts that I usually charge like an outraged Don Miguel de Cervantes creation ...

Now in my opinion I think, regarding your comments, that it seems that you may be over zealous. Of course that's only as it appears and I suspect that opinion could have merit, I think. Of course that's only my opinion and I think there is more to this than is apparent.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Now in my opinion I think, regarding your comments, that it seems that you may be over zealous. Of course that's only as it appears and I suspect that opinion could have merit, I think. Of course that's only my opinion and I think there is more to this than is apparent.

..... you can never be too zealous when fighting for truth, liberty and the Manly way ......

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO

You think?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It’s somewhat a pity that as yet we haven’t been able to find Jacko a home somewhere else so we can pick up another backup before June 30 ( which isn’t far away).

He is after all taking up a spot in the 30 and really means we have 29 not 30 ( and yes I realise not all useable).

Mitch

Bencher
From The Mole:

Hastings poised to go into exile

The Jackson Hastings soap opera at Manly is set to reach a bitter conclusion this week with the young playmaker poised to go into exile in England.

With Manly refusing to select Hastings, alleging his team-mates don’t want to play with him, he has little choice other than to leave the club.

The bad publicity from the affair - which made front and back page news - has ‘poisoned’ Hastings to rival NRL clubs.

So Manly are getting their wish - forcing Hastings out - and the 22-year-old playmaker will attempt to re-establish his career in England and return to the NRL in a couple of years.

Hastings’ family is still considering legal action against the Sea Eagles for the damage the club’s campaign to get rid of him has done to his reputation and career.

manly al

First Grader
Maybe the Catalans Dragons would be a good choice and if there are any continuing issues with his apparent attitude problem and comments , some may be lost in translation with some of the mainly French speaking guys . Hopefully though , going to the E S L and a new environment [ if that is what transpires] may provide the opportunity for him to play some decent footy and with out the frequent preceding dramas that have for what ever reason surrounded him here .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16