Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
From The Mole:

Hastings poised to go into exile

The Jackson Hastings soap opera at Manly is set to reach a bitter conclusion this week with the young playmaker poised to go into exile in England.

With Manly refusing to select Hastings, alleging his team-mates don’t want to play with him, he has little choice other than to leave the club.

The bad publicity from the affair - which made front and back page news - has ‘poisoned’ Hastings to rival NRL clubs.

So Manly are getting their wish - forcing Hastings out - and the 22-year-old playmaker will attempt to re-establish his career in England and return to the NRL in a couple of years.

Hastings’ family is still considering legal action against the Sea Eagles for the damage the club’s campaign to get rid of him has done to his reputation and career.

The media are still THE ONLY ONES who have said his team mates will not play with him. Bulldog Ritchie started it and they all got sucked in and ran with it.

Goodbye Jackson, take your mates in the media with you

The media are still THE ONLY ONES who have said his team mates will not play with him. Bulldog Ritchie started it and they all got sucked in and ran with it.
Where do you think Ritchie gets all his content from ?? he doesn't write any Manly related article unless it is vetted by Zorba. IMO it was an orchestrated media campaign to discredit Hastings. Sure he got sacked by two other clubs so he has form, but did they it discreetly and didn't crucify the kid.

From The Mole:

The Jackson Hastings soap opera at Manly is set to reach a bitter conclusion this week with the young playmaker poised to go into exile in England.

With Manly refusing to select Hastings, alleging his team-mates don’t want to play with him, he has little choice other than to leave the club.

The bad publicity from the affair - which made front and back page news - has ‘poisoned’ Hastings to rival NRL clubs.

So Manly are getting their wish - forcing Hastings out - and the 22-year-old playmaker will attempt to re-establish his career in England and return to the NRL in a couple of years.

Hastings’ family is still considering legal action against the Sea Eagles for the damage the club’s campaign to get rid of him has done to his reputation and career.
I'm not surprised.

Good luck to Hastings. We all need to turn a leaf. I hope he gets his Shi't together and is remembered for his playing ability rather than the numbnut he allegedly is.

lets see who Manly pick up by June 30 :)

Even if he goes before june 29 I believe he will still take up 1 of our top 30 spots because we have paid more than 50% of his contract for this year. He is on a backended contract that is something like 150k/350k, which averages to 250k/year, and we would have paid him at least 160k so far this year.

He will take up a spot for the same reason Darcy apparently is.

That ****ty centre or 5/8 or whatever he was we had a few years back (sorry, can barely remember the bloke) played over in the ESL too after doing a runner from his old club and he came back OK I guess (looked a bit fat and slow for mine). What was his name again..? Jamie Ryan or Bryon or something...

That ****ty centre or 5/8 or whatever he was we had a few years back (sorry, can barely remember the bloke) played over in the ESL too after doing a runner from his old club and he came back OK I guess (looked a bit fat and slow for mine). What was his name again..? Jamie Ryan or Bryon or something...

I think I recall the guy. Difference is he’d already played for Australia by then! But yes, came back a decent footy player

Sad sad sad...@:cry: Imo he didn't deserve to be crucified the way he has been and I hope he finds a club that uses his talents and both parties are happy.

Still disappointed he didn't get to partner DCE in the halves and be used to his full potential, however, signing Hodko has certainly quelled my disappointment :nod:

Last edited:
From The Mole:

Really, so he's not accountable for his own actions?

I'm not of the belief that everything is Jacko's fault. But the fact that he basically got pushed out of the Chooks and now it will happen at Manly, both times for behavioral problems with team mates not all that enthused about him being there might point to the fact that he isn't innocent and has really dug his own NRL grave.

But in saying that I hope that if he does go the the ESL that he turns things around. He has the talent, but it takes more than that.

Really, so he's not accountable for his own actions?

I'm not of the belief that everything is Jacko's fault. But the fact that he basically got pushed out of the Chooks and now it will happen at Manly, both times for behavioral problems with team mates not all that enthused about him being there might point to the fact that he isn't innocent and has really dug his own NRL grave.

But in saying that I hope that if he does go the the ESL that he turns things around. He has the talent, but it takes more than that.
I’d really like to know what he has done. I can’t judge him until I know. Many on here are prepared to judge him on the fact pretty boy doesn’t like him anymore. I’m not.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11