Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Perhaps Hastings is on the way out and the signing is conditional.

E.g. Manly will release him if.....

Only issue is why would baz be playing him off the bench if he was leaving ala lussick.
Hasting may be on his way out but he is still on our roster . If Trent wants him out why doesn't he go all the way and take him off the bench as well instead of misusing and abusing his talent by giving with 5 minutes playing time

Hasting may be on his way out but he is still on our roster . If Trent wants him out why doesn't he go all the way and take him off the bench as well instead of misusing and abusing his talent by giving with 5 minutes playing time
Maybe partly coz he is being useful that way for us and partly to keep his value up for a mid-season offload.
Maybe.

XV-1

First Grader

If he did that, he would need to bring Lewis Brown back into the bench. Even TB can't see the point of that.

weev

Bencher
Disappointing. We can only hope that Croker gets injured and Hasting can finally get a shot.

Mr Croker, if you’re reading this he doesn’t actually mean it. What he’s saying is he actually wants you dead... your dog dead, your house burned down.

smithy

Reserve Grader

Don't speak too soon ... the weekend selections have not been confirmed ... watch this space.

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
Mr Croker, if you’re reading this he doesn’t actually mean it. What he’s saying is he actually wants you dead... your dog dead, your house burned down.
No way. You have no idea what I actually mean. I would never think that of him.

The way things are going, the only way we might see Hastings play at 5/8 is if Croker was injured. And I don't want Croker to be injured. But going by the way things have gone so far it's likely that Hastings would even get a look in if he was injured.

Hopefully Croker puts in a strong performance this week and proves me (and a lot of others here) wrong.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The way things are going, the only way we might see Hastings play at 5/8 is if Croker was injured. And I don't want Croker to be injured. But going by the way things have gone so far it's likely that Hastings would even get a look in if he was injured.

Hopefully Croker puts in a strong performance this week and proves me (and a lot of others here) wrong.

Fair 'nuff, but I think Weev was just quoting The untouchables for some laffs!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

I understood where you were coming from and I also agree with you that our priority is our team winning . Lets hope we win this week .
We need a win

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Any way , I am not surprised . Trent persisted with Walker as a 5/8 for a whole year until he finally saw what was obvious .

It was 10 games actually, but I get your point. It all but killed our season before the season was even half over. Then when injuries started piling up (Killer, Snake etc), it just made it harder because we were behind the 8-ball to begin with.

We were all a bit dubious about playing Walker at 5/8 with most people believing that Manly would have been much better off playing him at centre and moving Killer who was in his twilight as a player (his last year in fact) into the halves where his vast experience could be put to best use. Then after the first game of the season where the Dogs toweled us up at Brookvale, we all saw what we feared.....that Dylan was a centre and that's where he should have been. Part of the problem though wasn't necessarily Barrett's reluctance to move Walker back to centre, it was Killer's reluctance to play 5/8. It was really only when Killer's body started to show signs that the end was nigh for him as the best centre in the game that the switch came, by which time it was really too late to save our season.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: R3

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It was 10 games actually, but I get your point. It all but killed our season before the season was even half over. Then when injuries started piling up (Killer, Snake etc), it just made it harder because we were behind the 8-ball to begin with.

We were all a bit dubious about playing Walker at 5/8 with most people believing that Manly would have been much better off playing him at centre and moving Killer who was in his twilight as a player (his last year in fact) into the halves where his vast experience could be put to best use. Then after the first game of the season where the Dogs toweled us up at Brookvale, we all saw what we feared.....that Dylan was a centre and that's where he should have been. Part of the problem though wasn't necessarily Barrett's reluctance to move Walker back to centre, it was Killer's reluctance to play 5/8. I was really only when Killer's body started to show signs that the end was nigh for him as the best centre in the game that the switch came, by which time it was really too late to save our season.
A good coach inspires and motivates players and gets them playing in a position that best benefits the team .

HoldenV8

Journey Man

The first thing I thought of when I read that.....

And for the record I don't wish to see Lachlan get injured, just dropped to the bench or Blacktown.

Last i read was Croker been monitored . After coming off twice last week i would asume he'l be rested for sure. Gotta put his health and saftey first . Not like its a grand final and he is our best player . Hope he has a speedy recovery

TimmyQ

Bencher

We were all a bit dubious about playing Walker at 5/8 with most people believing that Manly would have been much better off playing him at centre and moving Killer who was in his twilight as a player (his last year in fact) into the halves where his vast experience could be put to best use. Then after the first game of the season where the Dogs toweled us up at Brookvale, we all saw what we feared.....that Dylan was a centre and that's where he should have been. Part of the problem though wasn't necessarily Barrett's reluctance to move Walker back to centre, it was Killer's reluctance to play 5/8. I was really only when Killer's body started to show signs that the end was nigh for him as the best centre in the game that the switch came, by which time it was really too late to save our season.
Ya know, the more I think about it the more I think Croker will be a late withdrawal. He got bashed bad last game and if he copped another knock this week that wouldn't be good. The only question mark I have is how TB will use Api and Jacko - hopefully Api can play 80 at hooker????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18