Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Basically, Croker is on a hiding to nothing through no fault of his own.

He was only ever brought to Manly as a backup to Blake Green. But once we released Green and then missed Moylan, Lamb, Pearce, Hodkinson and Carney, along with whatever issues surround Jackson Hastings, he's been handed the Manly #6 jumper because basically he was the only half left in the squad with any NRL or NSW Cup experience.

All things being equal he was never really meant to play first grade this year. But circumstance brought him into it way way WAY before he was ready for it.

How many times did Crocker touch the ball today, besides the poor pass to AFB and in the lead up to Uate's try. Chez did all the kicking (7 kicks and 188 kick metres) and Crocker had no kicks at all therefore had no kick metres. Too much pressure on Chez

That's the problem, Croker just isn't doing anything and is seemingly not capable of doing anything other than be a link passer to a forward doing a hit up. Cherry is being forced to play the role of two which includes his greatest weakness as a player, organising the attack.

DCE couldn't organise a root in a brothel and he certainly can't organise the attack. He has proven time and time again for Manly and Qld that he just isn't an organising type half. But because we have Croker there that is what he is being forced to do. And when that happens his form suffers and so does the teams.

Like I said, its not Croker's fault that he's been put into this position to which he isn't capable and I feel sorry for the kid. But the reality is that DCE needs his halves partner to be an organising type to get any quality out of his attacking game. And right now the only player in the Manly squad who is actually capable of playing that role has been banished to reserve grade by a coach who seems to have NFI.

He was only ever brought to Manly as a backup to Blake Green. But once we released Green and then missed Moylan, Lamb, Pearce, Hodkinson and Carney, along with whatever issues surround Jackson Hastings, he's been handed the Manly #6 jumper because basically he was the only half left in the squad with any NRL or NSW Cup experience.

All things being equal he was never really meant to play first grade this year. But circumstance brought him into it way way WAY before he was ready for it.
Sadly, he looks like he knows it too.

All the experts thought we would miss the 8 this year letting green go. I thought we would be sweet but it has really been a problem not having another play maker. Then we get season ending injuries, the Hastings saga as well as the salary cap BS and the agenda of the nrl and refs to go really harsh on us, making this season tough to watch.

Now it's Lane's fault lol that will do me. I would hate to work with you mate
I was just saying that if Lane wants to publicly back Hastings and go against his coach, immediately after his coach said there are issues, then he can go with him. pretty simple really.

Hang on since when does Jake and Tom have a problem with him?
I was just saying that "If" Jake and Tom had a problem with Hastings leaving then I will listen to them, but if it is just Lane and a few other Reggies players then who cares. Sorry it was a bit ambiguous.

I was just saying that if Lane wants to publicly back Hastings and go against his coach, immediately after his coach said there are issues, then he can go with him. pretty simple really.

So you are basically saying that it's OK to tell porkies in an internal investigation and throw a team mate under the bus even if the coach got it wrong.? I think Lane showed a lot of courage and leadership to tell the truth, even if it doesn't suit TB and DCE's versions .. That's the problem with the club atm. No leadership and heart. No individual is bigger than the club.

So you are basically saying that it's OK to tell porkies in an internal investigation and throw a team mate under the bus even if the coach got it wrong.? I think Lane showed a lot of courage and leadership to tell the truth, even if it doesn't suit TB and DCE's versions .. That's the problem with the club atm. No leadership and heart. No individual is bigger than the club.

You are speaking like you know all the facts. How do you know what happened? Anyway I couldn't give a rats, I'm sick of talking about this club. Its a dead set basket case and i'm over it. it is never ending negativity and it is just draining. wake me when its over!

So he should lie, and add weight to the troubles Hastings is already in?
If Barrett and the club leak kept it in house and didn't pour petrol on the fire by staging a press conference to humiliate Hastings, then I would agree with you that Lane may well be encouraged to zip it in the bigger picture of team harmony. Unfortunately, Lane was placed in a situation to "do the right thing" or toe the company standard set by Barrett. Good on Lane for defending his mate. We all have opinions, and I respect yours as well. There are many shades of grey, but the one tangible fact is that a fringe first grade player (in TB's eyes) deserves a special press conference to announce to the world that said player has some issues that will require him to be sent back to a feeder club as a smokescreen to the Gladstone fiasco that was already leaked to the press.
You get an F for FAIL on that one Trent
And by the way who the **** are you anyway. are you a troll? you have seemed to come on here at a weird stage in our history and antagonise people that have been around here for years at the worst possible time.

Interesting to hear Gorman yesterday on radio, and his thoughts on Jackson.

https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/lyall-gorman-2

Fascinating. He's a well spoken gent this Gorman. I understand his reputation is second to none. Just hope what he's brought across to Manly to address is achieved. But Manly definitely needs a strong experienced forward leader. Jake will get there, but we really need someone of the Kennedy ilk.

You are speaking like you know all the facts. How do you know what happened? Anyway I couldn't give a rats, I'm sick of talking about this club. Its a dead set basket case and i'm over it. it is never ending negativity and it is just draining. wake me when its over!
I wasn't there at the strippers..Well what's come out of the saga is that LyalI Gorman admitted that TB got it wrong by relegating Hastings to reggies indefinitely because the decision was made without all the facts. So Lane told his version which corroborated Hastings version. DCE cops a fine and there you have it..
I'm with you there that the club is a basket case atm. I hope they sort this sh-it out soon otherwise you'll be having a long sleep my friend.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10