Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
If Manly have decided that Hastings must go, I wonder if they have got young Brian Kelly having a word to his cousin Albert, playing at Hull. Its mentioned in another section I know, but there is also an opportunity for a swap here with Hastings and Albert Kelly. I wonder if Manly have been discussing the option with Hull?

If Manly have decided that Hastings must go, I wonder if they have got young Brian Kelly having a word to his cousin Albert, playing at Hull. Its mentioned in another section I know, but there is also an opportunity for a swap here with Hastings and Albert Kelly. I wonder if Manly have been discussing the option with Hull?
Prefer to swap Cheezy at the moment ,maybe even coaches and have no idea who is coming back in that trade..

I have lived in a multi cultural flat oriented location near Auburn for 30 years. I've working in the Sydney south west or in the gaols (all of them in Sydney) for more than that period. So suggesting I dont understand that perspective is inaccurate. I am also not suggesting that you dont have a point.

But if you think socio-economics is the major factor in emotional issues, then maybe you should live in a more diverse environment. The thing is we all at the fundamental level are like children, with facades (images we project to others), designed to gain acceptance within our social group. Tat is what is most important to us all. In time that facade becomes entrenched, but have you ever seen close friends communicating in a totally different sociao-economic enviroment. Suddenly the facade has adapted. You see them projecting a different image.

I've dealt with the poorest and the richest, the least known and among the most prominent, over a hundred different ethnic communities. At the fundamental level, they all have insecurites at some level. I've interviewed politicians, CEOs and indigenous women on The Block. When you touch a senstive area, the child comes out. They all can suffer, bawl their eyes out, struggle to understand. Its human nature.

But one thing is central to human behaviour. And that is we all want to gain accaptance in whatever social structure we are in, and yes that may involve conning, bull crapping, violence whatever. But, unless we have a serious psychiatric condition, we all want to belong. Hastings is no different. If you think he is intentionally trying to cause trouble to have himself kicked out, you're misreading it. He wants to belong, and he fears he is not being accepted and respected and is lashing out. Very normal human reaction. We all need to be accepted within the social structure we choose to belong to. He's chosen to be part of a rugby league social environment
One thing I really liked in this post is that you spelt ‘gaol’ correctly.

Not the abominable American spelling.

The kid may be angry and competitive...that’s good
He may not get on with 1 - 2 players....that’s ok
I personally feel we need competitors, players who bleed winning, add Hastings next week and watch this team fire up or blow up...nothing to lose on recent performances

Tend to agree but I think TB would pick our unfit players who are out for the season then turn around an hour before the game and say we expected them to be fit but they failed a medical and we will have to get by with 16 players this week.

The kid may be angry and competitive...that’s good
He may not get on with 1 - 2 players....that’s ok
I personally feel we need competitors, players who bleed winning, add Hastings next week and watch this team fire up or blow up...nothing to lose on recent performances

I agree we are not going well enough to be banning players. Will he make the difference hell no but he is just a best option we have.

Have not agreed at all with this off field crap that has gone on.

But if the bloke is owning it and wants to still be a part of things, then give him a run.

In saying that, Barrett stressed at the presser that this was not a one off incident and stonewalled any questions.

Trent aint backing down......yet.

The sad part is that Jackson Hastings is no ****ing saviour. If he is our only hope, we have none.

I still agree with you in that Hastings might not be or probably isn't THE answer to our problems. But he is a damn sight better option than Lachlan Croker will ever be.

I kinda feel sorry for Croker. He's not good enough for first grade but has been pitchforked into the position because of factors beyond his control. And unfortunately because he just isn't good enough he cops it from all sides. He's probably doing his best out there, but his best just isn't anywhere near good enough and with the position he has been put in (5/8), that puts him right in the cross hairs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10