Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
That's a good point because its not just Hastings who has previous form. Cherry has a long list of Manly and Qld players who didn't like him either.

You know what’s a counterpoint to that, though? I don’t think there’s anyone who would suggest Jamie Buhrer isn’t one of nature’s gentlemen and a genuinely nice bloke; during that whole period of senior players not getting along with DCE, who was he thick as thieves with? Jamie Buhrer.

I’ve said it before, and my take on it hasn’t changed - I would almost put money on it that the ‘senior players’ issue was something to do with the fact that Foran was happy to be influenced by the older, party boy faction at Manly at the time (to his and his family’s eventual detriment, as it turns out), whereas guys like DCE and Buhrer nailed their colours to the family man/dad mast fairly early on. He’s always had an attitude that there’s a lot more to life than footy, and that seems to rub some of the lower intellect footy heads up the wrong way.

There were rumours at the time of DCE being seen as aloof and arrogant because he would have a beer or two then go home to his missus and not kick on with the ‘boys’. Wouldn’t surprise me if he defended his choice to them at some point and put some noses out of joint.

As for the Qld thing - you’re already on a hiding to nothing not being from the Melbourne/NQ mafia. You’re disliked before you even get there because you’re not the clubmate the mafia wanted the selectors to pick. Throw in that same thing about being the kind of person who doesn’t seem to buy into the all-night piss-up, having groupie cougars all over you Maroons culture, and the guy can’t win.

Ok this may be a given to most of you but who actually counts as a 'senior player'?

I mean yes DCE but who else (In no way do I insinuate these players have a problem with ANY player in the club I just want to know who falls into the senior player category?)

Sort your sht out MWSE.

Every fkn day it is more off-field drama.

And given the performances we have witnessed recently this year, us fans don't need any more pain off field, the tripe on field is more than enough, thanks.

So Hastings' career is in tatters.
DCE fined ( and of course now guilty of something in the public perception).
Coach speaks on behalf of the playing group and then has players contradict the coach on the issue.
Players presumably have given evidence to the club re DCEs involvement (Lane, etc)

I think the only winner out of this absolute shambles is young Croker.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8