Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Thank our captain boy wonder for that one. But wait wait, best Manly player ever......

Maybe Myles should be tweeting #thxDCE , closer to the truth....
Or thank the insider/s who thought Foran would stay and should be targeted, rather than DCE. Much of the current miasma that has overtaken the outfit was that stuff up.

With a lovely little cameo - the let’s make a play for Mitch!’
Result: Blake Green wanted out.

Slapping DCE with a fine suggests he instigated the hotel incident. Hastings paying the price...
Not to mention several players backing Hastings story. Smells like a rift is forming in the team again.

Difference is, last time we had a champion team that could deal with adversity. Watmough, Ballin, Stewart bros, Matai, Lyon- Champions

This time we have players who think there champions. I know which team I’d rather..

Career?

I can't for the life of me understand all the huge Hastings talent love on here.

He is reserve grader who filled in at the rorters coz they had nobody else.
He has done almost nothing for us against all the other reserve graders in the comp.
He has accomplished nothing.

Good grief.
Pretty much every commentator I've heard this week say he's a great talent and should be playing first grade if he didn't have issues.
I don't think too many actually believe it's about talent.

Speaking to a friend today who lives close to North Narrabeen beach. Many of the Sea Eagles players hang at the coffee shop that is close to the beach car park. It seems to be the younger players and that includes Jackson Hastings as he has spoken to them quite a few times. Hastings seems like a nice kid, he said.

But DCE, Turbo and Jake are never seen hanging with these guys. Jake imo can't stand Jackson and these 3 players are Manly's future and probably the team mates that did not want to play with Hastings. I am sure there are a couple more, but these 3 are Manly's big 3 and not to be messed with.

@40 years an eagle , Hastings should be our first choice 5/8, simple as that. Manly only have two first grade quality halves.....and Lachlan Croker isn't one of them.

That is if playing talent was the only factor in being selected.

Everything that is happening is due to TB not being able to control his own team. Do you really think Bellyache, Hasler, Bennet of any other decent coach allowing this crap to happen.
If TB was a decent coach, we would have our best team on the field regardless of how they get on off the field.

The lunatics are running the asylum not the coach.

As I recall, Bromwich did coke and Inglis slapped his partner under Bellamy, under Des watmough pissed in public and tony Williams got done for drink driving, Thaiday and Boyd linked to possible sexual assault in a night club toilet. Under Barrett two team mates don’t get along....
Barrett is being judge way to harshly. Hastings has not been able to be controlled under any coach he has had

As I recall, Bromwich did coke and Inglis slapped his partner under Bellamy, under Des watmough pissed in public and tony Williams got done for drink driving, Thaiday and Boyd linked to possible sexual assault in a night club toilet. Under Barrett two team mates don’t get along....
Barrett is being judge way to harshly. Hastings has not been able to be controlled under any coach he has had

If that is really true, Hastings should be sacked. not sent to reggies for the rest of the year, or if we have more injuries.
TB does not have control over his team.

You know what’s a counterpoint to that, though? I don’t think there’s anyone who would suggest Jamie Buhrer isn’t one of nature’s gentlemen and a genuinely nice bloke; during that whole period of senior players not getting along with DCE, who was he thick as thieves with? Jamie Buhrer.

I’ve said it before, and my take on it hasn’t changed - I would almost put money on it that the ‘senior players’ issue was something to do with the fact that Foran was happy to be influenced by the older, party boy faction at Manly at the time (to his and his family’s eventual detriment, as it turns out), whereas guys like DCE and Buhrer nailed their colours to the family man/dad mast fairly early on. He’s always had an attitude that there’s a lot more to life than footy, and that seems to rub some of the lower intellect footy heads up the wrong way.

There were rumours at the time of DCE being seen as aloof and arrogant because he would have a beer or two then go home to his missus and not kick on with the ‘boys’. Wouldn’t surprise me if he defended his choice to them at some point and put some noses out of joint.

As for the Qld thing - you’re already on a hiding to nothing not being from the Melbourne/NQ mafia. You’re disliked before you even get there because you’re not the clubmate the mafia wanted the selectors to pick. Throw in that same thing about being the kind of person who doesn’t seem to buy into the all-night piss-up, having groupie cougars all over you Maroons culture, and the guy can’t win.
Has zero to do with the "influenced by the old party faction" that Foran from the "outside" appeared to get along with this group and DCE didn't.

There were other what "you" would consider "genuinely nice person" types that got along with the same group of "maligned" players including Buhrer or had a respectful working relationship without hatred but not so matey matey.

Plenty of other players would leave after a few drinks and it didn't "put some noses" out of joint also.

To label people as "lower intellect footy heads" as being part of the reason for the bad culture shows "you" are the aloof tosser type more so than the playing group you are directing your comments towards.

Yes i know i'm blocked and you can't read this response but i felt it was necessary to give your comments some balance and perspective.

Should be an interesting read.

0274E604-EEFA-4F4F-A97B-85CFBBA03B48.jpeg

Sorry but i've never seen him show this "great talent" he reportedly possesses and with all his prior problems, seeing him dancing around to the team song in his jocks it's obvious there is something really wrong with him.
Really tired of this bullsh*t topic and wish he'd disappear so it stops.

All of the above played first grade - best team picked. I think that's the point.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8