Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
I Know Mark. I just want to get excited about Manly again but having to read this sh&t everyday is making it difficult.
So don’t read it. Just switch it off and watch the games. If you take a break for a couple of days you’ll realize it for the **** show sensationalist beat up that it is. Click bait makes money. And click bait that bags us makes more. This chamber of negativity surviving on scraps of information and relishing the misery of others can get too much at times. Give yourself a break for a week or two. It’s the sense of expectation that makes it harder to deal with

where's the CRY BABY rating when you need one, somehow Dummy Spit doesn't satisfactorily describe your post.

View attachment 8104
Not a cry baby mate....just a passionate supporter!!
So don’t read it. Just switch it off and watch the games. If you take a break for a couple of days you’ll realize it for the **** show sensationalist beat up that it is. Click bait makes money. And click bait that bags us makes more. This chamber of negativity surviving on scraps of information and relishing the misery of others can get too much at times. Give yourself a break for a week or two. It’s the sense of expectation that makes it harder to deal with
Lurker I know but it's everywhere.....the papers, the radio, the TV lolol. I try watching the games & the dickh#%d commentators carry on about it also grrrrrr. Would be nice to wake up one day & read some positives about the club.

I Know Mark. I just want to get excited about Manly again but having to read this sh&t everyday is making it difficult.
Yes we all feel bad about all of this and for those involved on top of the heinous, bias, witchunt and persecution of the Sea Eagles by arch villain and CEO dullard Greenburg .However take heart in personal pride , ambition and the desire to succeed which im sure burns brightly in the inner souls of our players and coach.
Also look back on the likes of the Tigers who lost there big 3 and a promising Moses Suli and if not for refereeing ineptitude would be 5/5 , who would have thunk it?
So regardless of what happens on Sunday the sun will shine the clouds will have a silver lining if you look for it , and if there is ANY justice in the world Manly will rise to the occasion and once again slay the slimey eels, so put all this behind you boys and FOCUS
Go Manly!!!!!!

To be honest whilst I love my Silvertails, and Twitter I’ve given up on Facebook for Manly (so much absolute crap).

Twitter can be depressing as well but I give as good as I take there.

But I’d have to agree this place can be very very negative and often a break is a great way to relieve the pressure.

If we lose this weekend leave it until about Thursday and don’t read all the negative posts when you come back.

OK, after a bit of thought I am going to say what has been niggling at me with this whole thing.

Is Daly Cherry-Evans the reason why Jackson Hastings has never gotten a fair shake at playing 5/8 for Manly and the reason why he has been banished to reserve grade? Not only is DCE our highest paid and highest profile player, but he is the team captain and as captain he would have some influence not only with team selection, but he would have a big influence on who partners him in the halves. Barrett has come out and said that he coaches the side and he picks the side, but no coach worth his weight would do that without at least talking to the team captain. Barrett has captained teams before when he was playing and I am sure his coaches talked to him when it came to team selection.

Does the fact that DCE doesn't seem to get along with Hastings have the biggest influence on the fact that we are forced to play a reserve grade quality pivot as his 5/8 partner?

Like I've said a few times, by not playing Hastings at 5/8 we really are cutting off our nose to spite our face. And I just can't shake the feeling that DCE is the main reason for that.

I enjoy your posts but not this one.

You’re entitled to your opinion but this is just bull****!

You’re talking about our captain against a troubled player who couldn’t make it in his 2 previous clubs.

Throw in the fact it has been stated that he has had 5 fights with 4 different players and as DCE is one of them you only choose him to lay the boot into?

WTF?

You can have Hastings in your club but I will choose Cherry every day of the week!

What NO ONE has come up with is how DCE is not a fighter, not physically. While he’ll fight for what is his in terms of contract money (as we ALL would) he doesn’t get involved in dust ups.

Some here seem to gun for Cherry and wait for any opportunity to put the boot in.

I’m happy to have him as our captain and marquee player.

And if it’s true as reported that the turbos could be the other players....why not mention them as the problem?

Its funny how when we all heard that Hastings has had 5 fights with 4 players I thought wow, this kids got problems.....then when I heard that Cherry was one of the players I laughingly thought the media would target him as the problem and how pissed off I’d be if that was the case.

Well it turns out it’s many of our own who have turned on our captain.

Absolute disgrace! @:mad:@:mad:

Yeah I don't get the DCE accusations starting to rear up in response to this situation - I assume it's because DCE is the only player of the 3 or 4 who have apparently had altercations with Hastings who has actually been named & that only happened beause someone at the hotel in Gladstone witnessed/overheard it & blabbed to the media?

We can only go by what we've been told & due to media bias/sensationalism that old adage of "believe only half of what you see & none of what you hear" rings ever truer.

I suspect Hastings may be a high-functioning autistic/has Aspergers which can result in personality issues as well as provide a white-hot ability to focus on something & develop a high skill level at it.

Yes Hastings has looked good on the few occasions he's played FG for us but I suspect the issue with him is a lack of consistency & the willingness to follow orders for the good of the team as opposed to the desire to break out in seek of individual briliance.

He sounds unpredictable to me & if you take into account his apparent behavioural issues, it doesn't surprise me he hasn't been given too many opportunities in FG.

All speculation on my part, of course, & I hope he gets the help he needs to deal with this situation.

where's the CRY BABY rating when you need one, somehow Dummy Spit doesn't satisfactorily describe your post.

View attachment 8104
Agree :100:

The media has Manly Fans ready to sit in a hot bath and slash our wrists - over a reserve grader being disciplined @:mad:
giphy.gif

images

Last edited:
Well at least I'm not having a big sook and f***in cry and posting "I'm over this club & the hole they've dug themselves into!" . Don't think the club really needs "fans" like that.

So i'll take the ****head rating for this post but I'm betting it's been a life long badge or you.
There are 15 other clubs, take your pick.
Just stop trolling this place.
Do you even know what 'trolling' is?? Appears not mate. But you definitely do show how much of a big mouth you are......one behind a key board at that! I await your intelligent response lolol.

I’m not sure what’s worse: Reading the sh1t or watching the games of late.

This latest crap is just about the final straw for me as a supporter. I've become so despondent about this team lately. I'm sick of seeing Manly in media for all the wrong reasons. I've supported Manly since 1974 & have continued to support them thru the good & bad times, however it's been nothing but bad after bad after bad lately. I was excited when Hastings signed on with the club as I was with a number of other recruits. I've supported Barrett & tried to believe in what he has been trying to achieve with the club but this Hastings fiasco & the obvious lies about what happened & who is responsible has only confirmed that this club has gone to s%&t. Is it DCE or is it Hastings or is it some other underlying issue at this club. Bullying? Continuous harassment? What did the club learn from the Willie Peters debacle? DCE has had issues with a number of previous players which i chose to ignore....however if this rubbish about him being the instigator in all of this is fact then it makes me wonder if Blake Green wanted out because of him also. I'm not sure who is pulling the strings with Barrett but we all know the team would be better with Hastings alongside DCE in the halves! It's a no brainer. The club needs to come out & admit they fu*%ed up.....get the entire squad together & tell them to shape up or ship out. I've seen DCE & Hastings hug on a number occasions after a try so what the f@#k has gone wrong? I thought Parramatta was bad...but as far as i can see we've become the laughing stock of the NRL!!! I'm over this club & the hole they've dug themselves into!

The problem is that us fans are buying into all the 'Chinese Whispers' that the media spins, we then try to pull apart every quoted interview out there to try to find any hidden meanings.
Take what you have read, discard 95% of it- you will feel better....

Like I said with regards to DCE, its just a niggling feeling I have had about this.

There are two sides to every story and right now the reality is that none of us here know first hand what has been going on.

I also said I hope like hell I am wrong.

Not a cry baby mate....just a passionate supporter!!

Lurker I know but it's everywhere.....the papers, the radio, the TV lolol. I try watching the games & the dickh#%d commentators carry on about it also grrrrrr. Would be nice to wake up one day & read some positives about the club.

You will have to keep dreaming about positive stories it's not going to happen that often even Buzz said on Matty Johns this week the feel good stories just don't sell....

It's interesting that you mentioned this because I have thought the same thing. It has pretty much stopped me from posting in this thread until now

Classic symptoms, I have a grandson with Aspergers , smart, articulate, good little fella but has real issues with his emotions.

I’ve thought the same myself but never wanted to mention it either!!

Classic symptoms, I have a grandson with Aspergers , smart, articulate, good little fella but has real issues with his emotions.

I’ve thought the same myself but never wanted to mention it either!!

I suspect my younger brother has high functioning autism but my family is having a hard time trying to get him diagnosed. My mum doesn't want to believe it but my dad had a lightbulb moment when I mentioned to him.

As for the rest of the thread, I'm not one to subscribe to the drama

Last edited:
I suspect my younger brother has high functioning autism but my family is having a hard time trying to get him diagnosed. My mum doesn't want to believe it but my dad had a lightbulb moment when I mentioned to him.

As for the rest of the thread, I'm not one to subscribe to the drama

My little fella goes to the guru of Aspergers up herevin Brisbane , can’t think of his name , Tony ???, he’s considered THE world expert on it ( Google Hearts & Minds).

They are fantastic, seriously worth a trip up here, they are in Westend which is a suburb just outside the CBD!!

I was reading the comments on Zero Tackle from one of the fathers whose son played against JH in the juniors. And he said from what he observed even during those early days that he wasn’t surprised with finding out that JH had trouble fitting in. I can’t imagine this father had an axe to grind, so maybe this is a little more insight into the trouble that’s been brewing for years. I’m not here to condemn anyone, just a timely reminder of what some of our players may have been dealing with.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8