Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

Rodo

Goldmember
Tipping Member
Is Hastings just not good enough to play 5/8 or has he had a blue with TB and/or the playing group? Why else could Hastings not be given a go at 5/8?

Kevinward777

First Grader
If Barrett is going to persist with not using Hastings, or worse yet releasing him, then he'd better have a mid-season recruit lined up.

Croker has been average. Average is fine for a backup half, but not a starter.
If he lets him go without a backup then we are totally screwed. Considering Hasting’s is pretty much the only back up we currently have. Barrett could not be that stupid.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
If he lets him go without a backup then we are totally screwed. Considering Hasting’s is pretty much the only back up we currently have. Barrett could not be that stupid.

Let me present Exhibit A on releasing without a backup.....

remote.axd

XV-1

First Grader
Gosh, who would be a good selector? If only there was a previous Manly Immortal with extensive selection experience... think, think....

We here at Silvertails central seem to think we can.
We were right about L Brown :D

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Let me present Exhibit A on releasing without a backup.....

remote.axd
Blake Greens release looms as the blunder of the year from our club!! I think the club really believed that Mitchell Pearce was joining and let him go in good faith, he is doing so well because he has consistent go forward from his pack, something that was hot and cold when he was here~

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Blake Greens release looms as the blunder of the year from our club!! I think the club really believed that Mitchell Pearce was joining and let him go in good faith, he is doing so well because he has consistent go forward from his pack, something that was hot and cold when he was here~
I think it was more that Green was agitating to go for a longer contract and had Manly over a barrel. It became untenable. Barrett had no choice. It was the managers operation and the same situation as Moses at the Tigpies - same manager too.
Green wanted to go. He never seemed to embrace the Manly culture like other recruits have. But, yeah, we do need at least another option. Or to experiment with both options we have.
Come on TB. You can do it.

manly al

First Grader
Green not only wanted a longer contract arrangement with Manly , with the Warriors approach , more money as well [ think he was on around the 370 k range ] and the Warriors offer maybe around the 600 - 650 range ? ] Then this time sequence coincided with the interest in Pearce and whose signature seemed likely until Daddy Pearce and his N R L involvement or someone else tipped him off about possible salary cap penalties for Manly . But then would Pearce have been worth acquiring for 900 plus k [ and then no Thompson ] Anyway it is what it is , Croker has been given a reprieve and another opportunity , hardly imagine Hastings being released now and surely will have to be given a go at the 6 if Croker can not show some better form . [ Still think that he is essentially a good natural footballer though ] I noticed Croker make one clearance kick some weeks ago which wasn 't too bad , a couple of pretty ordinary in goal efforts but certainly need more presence and effective play from him to help Manly 's cause .

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think it was more that Green was agitating to go for a longer contract and had Manly over a barrel. It became untenable. Barrett had no choice. It was the managers operation and the same situation as Moses at the Tigpies - same manager too.
Green wanted to go. He never seemed to embrace the Manly culture like other recruits have. But, yeah, we do need at least another option. Or to experiment with both options we have.
Come on TB. You can do it.

He was also not turning up to training and playing hardball by being a total f-wit about the situation. This (and what you have said) has only been mentioned 40 million times on here but hey, let's keep the ole "it was a mistake to let green go" song playing.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is Hastings just not good enough to play 5/8 or has he had a blue with TB and/or the playing group? Why else could Hastings not be given a go at 5/8?
Yep, they're the $64 questions that we're all wondering!

Its very frustrating to see our team losing, knowing we have Hastings who could play 5/8 much better than Croker (let alone support DCE and kick goals) but for some inexplicable reason TB refuses to use him more effectively :mad: It's only our season on the line! :banghead:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Perhaps Hastings is on the way out and the signing is conditional.

E.g. Manly will release him if.....

Only issue is why would baz be playing him off the bench if he was leaving ala lussick.

We are to 24 players now ( 27-3 injuries) so losing another one is just what we need....not!!!

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
He has been called a cancer

Ah yes Fluffy. But would you say its cystematic
Green not only wanted a longer contract arrangement with Manly , with the Warriors approach , more money as well [ think he was on around the 370 k range ] and the Warriors offer maybe around the 600 - 650 range ? ] Then this time sequence coincided with the interest in Pearce and whose signature seemed likely until Daddy Pearce and his N R L involvement or someone else tipped him off about possible salary cap penalties for Manly . But then would Pearce have been worth acquiring for 900 plus k [ and then no Thompson ] Anyway it is what it is , Croker has been given a reprieve and another opportunity , hardly imagine Hastings being released now and surely will have to be given a go at the 6 if Croker can not show some better form . [ Still think that he is essentially a good natural footballer though ] I noticed Croker make one clearance kick some weeks ago which wasn 't too bad , a couple of pretty ordinary in goal efforts but certainly need more presence and effective play from him to help Manly 's cause .

Manly Al I agree Croker has potential. But at present he seems unable to give the service needed and the agreession we see from Hastings. In a year it may be different, but for now he is stiffling the attack.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20