Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Pffft, Geyer had his chance in SOO on wally lewis and catted out. Blowhard

HoldenV8

Journey Man
We all know that Bozo is mates with Kevin Hastings right?

Has anyone noticed that soon after Bozo left the club, Croker suddenly seemed to leapfrog Jackson Hastings in the pecking order?

I'm wondering if there is any significance in that?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

Has anyone noticed that soon after Bozo left the club, Croker suddenly seemed to leapfrog Jackson Hastings in the pecking order?

Please V8 ..... sit down and have a cuppa .... there has been enough nonsense written about Baz this week . ... :)

Hastings has already had more game time this year, than all last year ...

yokahontas

Bencher

I’m going to guess probably not, given Barrett and the Hastings family were apparently neighbours when Jackson was growing up, there’s probably just as much of a tie there.

My guess is, if there’s been any sort of falling out on the Barrett/Hastings front it would be because he was given the chance at Manly despite the ‘attitude problem’ tag he was carrying, and something has reared its head again. That would be more of a kick in the teeth to a coach who’s known you since you were a kid than to a coach who didn’t know you from a bar of soap when you rocked up at training.

TB might’ve thought he could smarten Hastings up because of the history between them and it hasn’t worked out that way?

XV-1

First Grader
I see Lewis Brown is not playing for Blacktown today in NZ.
Adds fuel that Hastings has played his last game?

HoldenV8

Journey Man
I think there is a fair bit of pride and ego on the line for Barrett with Croker. He talked him up in the pre-season and has also done so since the season started.

To make a change like Hastings for Croker would be admitting that he got it wrong and that's hard for anyone to do.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The problem is that even a coach needs to put aside their own pride and ego for the benefit of their team.

Coaches are more like referees than they will ever admit. Neither like admitting that they got something wrong.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I think there is a fair bit of pride and ego on the line for Barrett with Croker. He talked him up in the pre-season and has also done so since the season started.

To make a change like Hastings for Croker would be admitting that he got it wrong and that's hard for anyone to do.

Agree ... there is always a bit of ego in every successful person ....

One of the difficult things for Baz regarding Croker .... is that the problem is not so much the negatives ... but the lack of positives. By that I mean Croker has not been a fukk-up, or even had a shocker ... Which would force Baz to drop him,

It is more of a case of he just hasn't taken any "control". Also an absence of 5th tackle option taking ... however this may be due to limited opportunities, DCE keeps putting his hand up.

However, I think things may become much clearer (either way) after tomorrow.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Yeah I'll go along with that. He hasn't been crazy bad, he just hasn't been good, at least not good when we've had the ball.

The problem is that if we do win tomorrow, regardless if he continues to do next to nothing in attack it will give Croker at least another 2-3 weeks life as our 5/8. I want us to win, but it could have its downside.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Bellyache didn't make it to or near the top of the coaching ranks by stubbornly sticking with players who weren't performing on the field. If a change was needed he generally made it, still does.

SeaEagle28

Bellyache didn't make it to or near the top of the coaching ranks by stubbornly sticking with players who weren't performing on the field. If a change was needed he generally made it, still does.
Bellamy saw the Croft needed a rest from 1st and jacks got a crack. They looked much better last night the scum. Bellamy smart as not to pressure the kid too much early season and ‘ go work a few things we spoke about’ he may have said. Or not! But confidence is a prescious thing TB don’t kill it with young crokes if see a future for him.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20