Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

Haliaeetus

Reserve Grader
Bellyache didn't make it to or near the top of the coaching ranks by stubbornly sticking with players who weren't performing on the field. If a change was needed he generally made it, still does.
no he made it 'top' of the coaching ranking by promoting a dirty style of play against the spirit of rugby league and cheating the salary cap

Paw93

Reserve Grader
Agree ... there is always a bit of ego in every successful person ....

One of the difficult things for Baz regarding Croker .... is that the problem is not so much the negatives ... but the lack of positives. By that I mean Croker has not been a fukk-up, or even had a shocker ... Which would force Baz to drop him,

It is more of a case of he just hasn't taken any "control". Also an absence of 5th tackle option taking ... however this may be due to limited opportunities, DCE keeps putting his hand up.

However, I think things may become much clearer (either way) after tomorrow.
I think you're on the money with Croker not getting much of a chance. DCE has taken more control of this team this season than he ever has. He's really lifted his game overall, and man his kicking game is amazing, but he's not someone to take the right option 100% of the time.

He still keeps trying to do it though and that's where Croker needs to step up. Ask for the ball even when Chez wants it too. He'll never get the chance to do something if he doesn't ask for it.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Bellyache didn't make it to or near the top of the coaching ranks by stubbornly sticking with players who weren't performing on the field. If a change was needed he generally made it, still does.

Nope he did it by giving his guys 2 contracts and cheating, everybody knows that.

Everything since was built on that.

Holmsey

Bencher
How much would Ryley Jacks demand? He could be a really good buy for us at a good price, he has a handy kicking game, a strong running and support game, his defence is good. He is large unit and knows how to do his role which is just fo your job, play the role of organising the team and take pressure off the key men.

Fluffy

Journey Man
How much would Ryley Jacks demand? He could be a really good buy for us at a good price, he has a handy kicking game, a strong running and support game, his defence is good. He is large unit and knows how to do his role which is just fo your job, play the role of organising the team and take pressure off the key men.

we would have to pay both contracts under the cap, thats this issue

Gee, so TB is teaching Jacko 'humility' as our season disintegrates in front of our eyes. Seems a fair trade off to me..
It'll be all worth it. Then after he's learned his lesson TB will not renew his contract and release him to another club next year where he'll carve them up in fg.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
0i8a2479.jpg

I hope this is not a picture of Jacko mingling with the boys at the captains run :eek:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
3 injured
Lussick released
And possibly Hastings

AND, we still have Lewis Brown.

FMD, what is the world coming to?

Pretty soon we won’t have to worry about reducing from 21 to 19 to 17 as we might only have 17 left to pick!!

Bubbler

Reserve Grader
From Danny Weidler’s column in SMH 14 Apr 2018

Hastings and DCE get physical

Manly officials say Jackson Hastings is not playing today due to an Achilles injury – and his absence has nothing to do with a scuffle at training with skipper Daly Cherry-Evans.

The Sea Eagles told this column things got heated between the pair. They ended up locked together on the turf at training last week.

I was told initially that Hastings belted DCE. The club says that wasn’t the case. Clearly something happened between the pair. Those who claim they saw it say it was worse than a scuffle. I’ll believe what a senior official told me as he has never lied to me in the past.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Achilles was always a dubious excuse. How can you hurt your Achilles against the titans yet no-one notices until now?
And if they knew, they wouldn't have selected that extended squad.
Even the photos on the club site of the captains run look staged, everyone is smiling and looking happy.
Funny times.

Paw93

Reserve Grader
A cover up...hence the "trouble in paradise" remark I made a couple of days ago.

Not good at all mate.
Just saw the article posted above. Sounds like Jacko has just killed his own career. Really is sad because most of us on here were excited to watch him.

For all we know Chez may have been at fault with the scuffle but by all reports he's a true leader for the team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16