Barretts threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look, the blokes buggered of now, so have at it I guess.

But that is completely re-writing history. Fulton was the architect of the majority of those names, not Barrett.

But hey, he has buggered off now so I don't particularly have much desire to get into a slanging match about it. Just saying.

No they are fair points, however, Im sure especially with Buhrer that Trent has said himself he didn't fit his team structure.

Great, now we start again, again, again.

Not saying he was absolutely the right man for the job, but some stability would be nice and the relationship he has with some of our better players makes me nervous about poaching should he coach somewhere else.

Depending on the main motive for him leaving, it could be a damning indictment on our club, the owners and our future if it's all about not being given the resources to improve our club, squad and team.

I blame the owners more than Barrett based on what has come out thus far. We are a shambles.

Neil Henry hasn't suddenly become a great coach since his last reign of mediocrity that he was relieved of.
Not sure if I blame the owners more. I am not convinced resources at Manly are that bad. Trent leaking to the press could be all about Him trying to save face and not owning his poor coaching with such a good squad.

Great, now we start again, again, again.

I blame the owners more than Barrett based on what has come out thus far. We are a shambles.

Neil Henry hasn't suddenly become a great coach since his last reign of mediocrity that he was relieved of.

The rot started in 2011 with the owners not locking in Des and wanting him to meet KPIs.
Since Penn took over its been like a pinball machine with us bouncing around from one drama to another.
Can't really blame Des for going, the Dogs offered over double the pay without stupid KPIs, 99% of people would also have done the same thing and leave.

Yes the club gave him to much control and allowed for the backend contracts, but that is also the fault of the owners and management.

If Penn is serious he needs to remove his son from the club, Bring in Autherson to oversee the club and bring Des & Toovey back.

The rot started in 2011 with the owners not locking in Des and wanting him to meet KPIs.
Since Penn took over its been like a pinball machine with us bouncing around from one drama to another.
Can't really blame Des for going, the Dogs offered over double the pay without stupid KPIs, 99% of people would also have done the same thing and leave.

Yes the club gave him to much control and allowed for the backend contracts, but that is also the fault of the owners and management.

If Penn is serious he needs to remove his son from the club, Bring in Autherson to oversee the club and bring Des & Toovey back.

Arthurson is what, close to 90? Give him a break!!

Goes to show when 3 days ago an article came out that he was willing to walk. Then he walks, you cant trust the man.

Not only is it sad, its a blight on him as a man.

Only one person knows one's intention. Mr Uno and if he's leaking like that than he can get ****ed.

And he's about to use the "under resourced" card to justify it.

The coach before you won 58.1% with a lesser team and probably less resources. Went to a Grand Final and got beat by the ref.

Last edited:
Look, the blokes buggered of now, so have at it I guess.

But that is completely re-writing history. Fulton was the architect of the majority of those names, not Barrett.

But hey, he has buggered off now so I don't particularly have much desire to get into a slanging match about it. Just saying.
That is true. Bozo was the architect of those cleanouts.
One could probably be understood.
2 in 2 years was ridiculous and just showed an inability to improve players.
Too hard basket for guys who I thought had something to work with in vave, lafao and che kam.
Anyway as you say he is gone, as is bozo, in fact most are from that dark era except the owners and ah.....

Zorba.

There in lies the final hurdle in moving our club forward.

Mr Grudge just doesn't want to leave.
I was kind of hoping natural causes would've taken care of it by now...
2SPUZLR.gif

Surely Manu Ma'u, Nathan Brown, Tepai Moeroa, Clinton Gutherson, Corey Norman, Jarryd Hayne, Michael Jennings and Mitchell Moses would be close to making our top 17? LOL!! Three/Four is a bit harsh!
Not on current form

Goes to show when 3 days ago an article came out that he was willing to walk. Then he walks, you cant trust the man.

Not only is it sad, its a blight on him as a man.

Only one person knows one's intention. Mr Uno and if he's leaking like that than he can get ****ed.

And he's about to use the "under resourced" card to justify it.

The coach before you won 58.1% with a lesser team and probably less resources. Went to a Grand Final and got beat by the ref.
Toovey stated on Fox Sunday night that the resources at Barrett’s disposal would be no different if not slightly better than what he and Hasler dealt with.Manly’s resources can be compared to a car.Barrett is driving a Commodore whilst the bloke out West is in an Audi.Nothing wrong with the Commodore,it gets the job done at a cheaper cost but just needs more loving,whilst the Audi is all shiny and new,it stills does the same job as the Commodore but 3 times the cost

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9