Barretts threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I may have missed this ... but why do we think Barrett is the one leaking this story? Seems rather, er, unlikely to me.

More likely its his Manager Wayne Beavis (also Gus') to build a case for walking out on a contract without penalty.

Manly doesn't gain from their head coach quiting #crisis

The Soap Opera will reveal the real villian during the Finals and peev Greenturd

giphy.gif

More likely its his Manager Wayne Beavis (also Gus') to build a case for walking out on a contract without penalty.

Manly doesn't gain from their head coach quiting #crisis

The Soap Opera will reveal the real villian during the Finals and peev Greenturd

giphy.gif
Yeah but none of that ever stops Zorba. He'll be spouting crap to feed his agenda even if it burns our club to the ground.

‘The lamest of excuses’: Ex-player lashes Trent Barrett’s Manly walkout reason
But Carney, who played 14 Tests for Great Britain, believed they were cop-out excuses.

“So Barrett, when citing lack of training ground support as reasons to walk away from Manly if he does walk away — that is the lamest of excuses in my book,” Carney wrote in a column for Sky Sports.

“Want a Super League example? Go and look at the Castleford Tigers and the success they have had with facilities which, by their own admission, are very basic.

“ … At Newcastle Knights in 2006, if I showed you the weight room we were using the reaction would be: ‘No way!’, and yet we finished fourth in NRL that year.

“ … It’s not about the buildings you train in, or the pitches you train on, it’s about what’s inside the players you ask to train.

“Fancy training facilities may be great when showing a player around the club and trying to entice him to sign, but if any player chose not to sign with a club because of facilities, I think that would tell you more about the player’s character and what he considered important.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/259e9764439eedad1a0508e54d276b09

But Carney, who played 14 Tests for Great Britain, believed they were cop-out excuses.

“So Barrett, when citing lack of training ground support as reasons to walk away from Manly if he does walk away — that is the lamest of excuses in my book,” Carney wrote in a column for Sky Sports.

“Want a Super League example? Go and look at the Castleford Tigers and the success they have had with facilities which, by their own admission, are very basic.

“ … At Newcastle Knights in 2006, if I showed you the weight room we were using the reaction would be: ‘No way!’, and yet we finished fourth in NRL that year.

“ … It’s not about the buildings you train in, or the pitches you train on, it’s about what’s inside the players you ask to train.

“Fancy training facilities may be great when showing a player around the club and trying to entice him to sign, but if any player chose not to sign with a club because of facilities, I think that would tell you more about the player’s character and what he considered important.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/259e9764439eedad1a0508e54d276b09

Hope a Journo is smart enough to ask Carty why he is staying with the ongoing resources issue :wait:

Mr T trained in a no frills gym when he fought Rocky in number 3 . Didnt turn out to bad for him , well the first fight anyway.

And didn't this Carney break down with heaps of injuries during his stay ? Winger i think.

Mr T trained in a no frills gym when he fought Rocky in number 3 . Didnt turn out to bad for him , well the first fight anyway.
Our very own Mr T(rent) was given an opportunity and a shot at the NRL title with a competitive roster and he has underperformed and underachieved .
We had Geoff Toovey fighting tooth and nail to keep his coaching job at Manly and we now have Mr T spitting the dummy and wanting to leave .
The conditions are the same . The Difference is one coach showed how resilient he was and he also had the club at heart .

Top player Carney both here and UK and measured up well at test level.Also good Super League commentator.

He is just stating the obvious like Tooves.

Just ask Broncos , Parra, Canterbury , Penrith about the CoEs

CoEs don’t formulate attacking strategies in the red zone and defensive structures. That comes from coaching grey matter and committed players who buy into the coaches plans.Run hard , tackle hard is also way underrated.

And seriously a FULL time salary cap manager !!! A good coach would want to be all over this. It’s his job on the line regarding who comes to club and what they are paid. If looking at a spreadsheet and assessing salaries is beyond a coach who gets paid 500k to 1 mill then you have the wrong bloke.Its ludicrous. He’s not in front of the players 12 hours a day.

Just do the job with the board properly overseeing the payments once assessed. It’s not rocket science.And I’m not talking about Barrett in particular here. The whole idea of wasting money on this is rubbish, especially with a football operations cap coming next year.

Last edited:
  1. ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay 11h11 hours ago

Interesting scenario w Barrett. 12 mths ago was going to walk, had lengthy discussions back then to both Souths & Bulldogs, all but did deal w Dogs then back-flipped & stayed put. He’s also had numerous chats w Gould this yr. I'm sure he aint leaving Manly without options

1. Replying to @ReadingThePlay
      It’s 100% untenable. Sending a message to the players that the club isn’t up to standard can’t work. Was good enough for Des and Toovs. Off you go - I’d like to see Maguire harden them up personally.

1 reply 0 retweets 1 like

2. ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay Aug 11

Replying to @GuyRintoul1980
      I believe he declined a few months ago.
ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay Aug 11

Replying to @joedavola76
Well if the mail is right Henry a done deal 4 wks ago

ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay Aug 14

Trent Barrett walks in 3 weeks time. Never saw that coming

1. Replying to @ReadingThePlay
    He wouldn’t be head coach at Penrith

1 reply 0 retweets 1 like

2. ReadingThePlay‏ @ReadingThePlay Aug 14

Replying to @Jimmy_13
    Was going to be, until re signing Nathan blew up ... And Gus backflipped

Last edited:
Top player Carney both here and UK and measured up well at test level.

He is just stating the obvious like Tooves.

Just ask Broncos , Parra, Canterbury , Penrith ,Titans about the CoEs

CoEs don’t formulate attacking strategies in the red zone and defensive structures. That comes from coaching grey matter and committed players. The game is pretty simple really.
Pathetic excuse
I have just lost all respect for our coach
When the going gets tough the tough get going
and the sooks start threaten to leave .
Some blokes are not MANLY

Why Manly should get Des Hasler or Geoff Toovey back if Barrett walks

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/15...-or-geoff-toovey-back-if-trent-barrett-walks/
Gould’s comments quoted in there break new ground. This is a rival ceo using his media position to lay the boot into another club. His self-interest and hubris are palpable.

It is almost unbelievable.

Equally unbelievable is that he made the statements in his own “podcast” and then the nrl republish them slavishly on the official website.

It is a circus.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8