Bah bah sacked and De Belin charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is the problem Greenburg has too much power and next to no accountability and just makes it up as he goes. A player is entitled to procedural fairness and natural justice and that has been denied here. There needs to be transparent published riles and regulations for preregistering a a player and a definition of the matters that are considered to be sufficient. For the life of me I can't see how Lodge can be permitted to play when Carney and Barba not.

Matters such as this should not be up to the discretion of one individual. Even if it isn’t the case, it can appear as though personal bias is being applied and there’s bound to be inequality in dealing with cases that are likely to be circumstantially different. Unfortunately the NRL continues to make things up and it goes and dig bigger holes for itself. It’s as though the people in charge have never been part of a legitimate organisation with proper policies and procedures.

At the moment Todd Greenberg rules over the game like a dictator - he has given himself far too much power all under the guise of discretion. While this is the case, people are going to claim to be hard done by in the very least. It’s also a concern that there are reports of certain individuals having the ability to influence his discretion due to dirt or power over him.

This is the problem Greenburg has too much power and next to no accountability and just makes it up as he goes. A player is entitled to procedural fairness and natural justice and that has been denied here. There needs to be transparent published riles and regulations for preregistering a a player and a definition of the matters that are considered to be sufficient. For the life of me I can't see how Lodge can be permitted to play when Carney and Barba not.

Because it was the Broncos and Bennet.

Ben Barba assaulted his wife/significant other (I am not sure (nor care) of their "status") and was recorded on CCTV. There seems no doubt of that.
His is the first DV case since Greenturd/ Beathead made their "line in the sand" claim for all women, on behalf of the NRL .
End of facts.

Now I think Greenslime and Beatscrub certainly jumped the #ustoo bandwagon with gusto, but the rule was laid out clearly by the "el presidentes".

Ben needs help; but has to go. And the game needs to move on.
His wife and kids are victims of choice and circumstances. And it is sad.

The kids will not have the best $'s a footballer can give them anymore, but they can still have a great Dad if he chooses to be one.
The wife/gf has made her choices over a long period of time, and I have to respect those that she made based on her own decisions and wish her well.

No winners here, but there are plenty that would like the opportunity to have 4 kids, a loving wife and a husband.

Ben Barba assaulted his wife/significant other (I am not sure (nor care) of their "status") and was recorded on CCTV. There seems no doubt of that.
His is the first DV case since Greenturd/ Beathead made their "line in the sand" claim for all women, on behalf of the NRL .
End of facts.

Now I think Greenslime and Beatscrub certainly jumped the #ustoo bandwagon with gusto, but the rule was laid out clearly by the "el presidentes".

The kids will not have the best $'s a footballer can give them anymore, but they can still have a great Dad if he chooses to be one.
The wife/gf has made her choices over a long period of time, and I have to respect those that she made based on her own decisions and wish her well.

No winners here, but there are plenty that would like the opportunity to have 4 kids, a loving wife and a husband.

completely agree apart from the no winners part. Barba's wife and kids will be the only losers.

once again Greenturd will no doubt come out smelling like roses as he always does.

End of facts.

Well said

Unfortunately Greenturd appears to be placing the "damage to the game" road at a higher position than the welfare of the collateral involved, and as usual, "special" cases will be treated "differently". Surprise, surprise!

All MWSE supporters should be prepared to be without Dylan for an extended period without any relief of his 600k cap drain.

it feels that this new hard-line public stance has maybe been orchestrated to levy the heaviest penalty possible to MWSE via Dylan's event.

I am in no way condoning Dylans' behavior if in deed he crossed the line but would prefer to be able to dump and replace him monetarily if guilty.

It doesn't get any better in Greenturd ideology...blame Manly and make them suffer!

The high road/low road concept is as old as the hills, and pretty easy to figure out even if it’s not in common usage under the rock you crawled out from.

Go away, little boy. Your lack of education and life experience is showing.

For all your factless innuendo about Walker. It really isn't a surprise that you would write a factless rant about myself.

Depends how you measure “bad boy” I guess and whether you include post footy career but the below 5 have done worse things than Carney, Monaghan & Dugan imo.

Craig Field
John Elias
Russell Packer
John Touma
John Hopoate
Monaghan’s effort was hardly worthy of a top 5 list, all those you mention have done far worse. Add Paul carter to that list as well.

Greenturd's decision to ban Barba from the NRL poses an interesting conundrum for those players still facing charges, such as Debellin and Walker.
Just say they are found guilty in a court of law and punishments are handed down. What will Greenturd do?
Remember these alleged incidents were pre-Barba. They were in a time when players were not barred from playing NRL, Lodge being a perfect example.
Can/Will/Should Greenturd be able to impose a retrospective 'law' on Debellin and Walker?
Surely they would be able to legally argue that the 'Barba-law' was not in force when the allegedly committed their alleged incidents.
Banning a player for life from his profession is a punishment far greater than any court would consider.
Thoughts?

Surely they would be able to legally argue that the 'Barba-law' was not in force when the allegedly committed their alleged incidents.
I doubt it, although as I posted elsewhere I would expect the players association to arc up if penalties seem arbitrary, and they are certainly capable of exerting pressure through means other than the courts.
As for DeBellin, if he is found guilty then forget it, his career would be kaput regardless of new NRL policies re suspension.

Assault against women shouldn't be tolerated in our game regardless of when they commited the crime.

Draw a line in the and and keep it.
No argument there. But the nub of my question is:
Can laws/rules be retrospective?
DeBellin is, I understand, a 'cleanskin'. Allegedly he has committed an alleged offence before the Greenturd 'line in the sand' was drawn, so surely it can't apply.
Barba has had multiple chances. He has used up his chances. But to ban a player for life who is a 'cleanskin' because of a retrospective edict from Greenturd is wrong. Surely.
Let's dumb the argument down. You commit an offense of using a mobile phone whilst driving. Before you are sentenced the Government imposed a law that meant you'd be banned from driving for, say, two years.
How would you feel if your offence was judged retrospectively?

Agree, you cant for example say if i knew i was putting myself in a position of being perm suspended by nrl, i would not have assaulted/sexually assaulted/intimidated /abused that woman

Agree, you cant for example say if i knew i was putting myself in a position of being perm suspended by nrl, i would not have assaulted/sexually assaulted/intimidated /abused that woman
So, if the Government brought in Capital Punishment after you committed a serious crime and were awaiting sentencing you'd expect to be put to death?

I find it completly bewildering ... that there actually exists .... people that claim to be part of a sentient species that believe that Walker should be ...

.. banned from playing Rugby League for life, a financial hit of approx $6 million dollars for ..... pulling his partners hair .......

FMD ...

I find it completly bewildering ... that there actually exists .... people that claim to be part of a sentient species that believe that Walker should be ...

.. banned from playing Rugby League for life, a financial hit of approx $6 million dollars for ..... pulling his partners hair .......

FMD ...
Well he hasn't been pulling his weight lately.

FMD ...

Banned for life? No. But if the club sacks him, I won’t shed a tear - the ‘hair-pulling’, as you put it (allegedly vigorous enough for her to end up on the ground, sustaining abrasions, while holding a 4 month old infant), is an escalation of his previous DV incident, where he punched a door to intimidate/express his fury at the same woman. I’d rather he be someone else’s problem when he gets to the Barba/Robert Lui stage of development, thanks all the same.

It’s very rare for domestic abusers to change their ways, unless something drastic happens. You do occasionally see people involved in a one-off that shocks them
enough to never do it again (if what you hear about AFB and his partner is true, one of those cases). Once the pattern of violent tantrums and lashing out at your domestic partner is established, though, there’s little chance it’s going to do anything but continue, and most likely escalate. The circuit breaker then needs to be something huge, either in terms of legal/financial penalty, or an abrupt end to the relationship, sometimes your kids hating you.

Hopefully his missus realises, and gets the hell out without wasting another decade or so, and bringing several other kids into the mess a la Ainslie Currie. That’s the saddest thing about the whole Barba saga - his girls are old enough now that they’ll realise and remember what he’s done to their mum, and it will affect them their whole lives. Get out while the kids are little enough, and it doesn’t have to be that way.

Last edited:
Recently, at a beach far far away ... I was on patrol, and was the designated First Aid officer ... I watched nonchalantly as a snorkler lifted himself onto the southern rocks and casually walked the 300m to the club house ... "got a band aid he asked"

After washing his foot, I found he had a couple of small, but narly lacerations, none serious or requiring sutures ... but ugly little cuts .... "What happened old mate" ..... "stepped on a bloody Wobbygong" he answered ....

Well, as you do I had to go through the process and fill out the incident report and advise Surfcom etc .......

2 days later the front page of the local rag lead with the headline "Shark attack at local beach" ......

My point .... not all shark attacks are equal ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7