Bah bah sacked and De Belin charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
... and another plot that will benefit only the rich clubs .... some clubs would find it difficult to just stump up another $6ook ...

PSS @globaleagle .. I know I pressed the o instead of the 0, but I am not that anal that I fee the need to change it ..

Ok! Lol. Methinks it would have been quicker to have changed it then tell me you weren't going to change it. Plus you always do it.

PS: No FEE applicable.
PPS: It's cold.
PPS: Thanks for looking out for me.

Looking at the comments here and elsewhere, I’d be surprised if they stick with this plan. I actually think that the NRL has leaked this proposal to see what the reaction would be - classic politics.

I am in the camp that players should be allowed to play when charged (absent damning video/audio). If found guilty, the punishment from the NRL needs to be proportionate to the crime committed. It’s the only way to be consistent.

I can think of a recently retired Manly forward (or two) who will be happy to take 600K for a short term contract at the Dragoons.

What are considered ‘serious criminal charges’?
I agree
Because I see GI high levels of alcohol in his system when he was charged with drink driving as a serious criminal charges as this sort of action could of killed an innocent bystander.
The nrl to me have lost the plot because even if this new rule for serious criminal charges is brought in clubs will try and find loopholes in the system to gain an advantage out of this situation.

The more the NRL, or any organisation, tries to tinker with the legal system and the presumption of innocence the more problems they create.
I agree
They can’t be seriously considering this option
Oh wait Todd is still in charge of the NRL
Then it makes perfects sense

As Woodsie pointed out hours earlier, if Illawarra signed a new player for a season for $600,000 and de Belin's case is resolved in his favour prior to the season end and he if free to return, then Illawarra would be $600,000 over the salary cap from that moment.
This new 'suggestion' from Greenturd is unworkable.

Rugby league legend Billy Slater believes there's little more the NRL can do to educate its players amid yet another off-season of scandal, arguing education "is a parent job, not an NRL job".

An NRL independent commission will this week decide if St George Illawarra's Jack de Belin will be made available to start the 2019 season after he was charged with the sexual assault of a 19-year-old.

Jack de Belin has been stood down from the Charity Shield squad "in the interest of player welfare".

De Belin's case is one of several alleged instances of unacceptable off-season player behaviour including a sexual assault allegation against Jarryd Hayne, an assault charge against Dylan Walker, Ben Barba's lifetime NRL ban and leaked lewd videos of Dylan Napa.

Slater admitted the game needed to address "respect issues" but didn't think the NRL could do much more to effect change.

"I don't know if the NRL can do any more than what they're doing in terms of education and the policies they put in place," Slater told Macquarie Sports Radio.

"I was educated when I was a kid; this is a parent job, not an NRL job.

"The NRL does a great job to reinforce that information.

"When you grow up, you get values and respect instilled in you and that's where it all comes from."

Slater's comments come amid reports the NRL will offer salary cap relief to clubs if they are forced to stand down players facing criminal charges.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/that-s...behaviour-begins-at-home-20190226-p510dk.html

Lol this is very funny
So slater says education starts at home and is a parents job not the nrl
Well this is coming from a salary cap cheat
Man how the media allow him to write such dribble to be is beyond me.

Last edited:
Lol this is very funny
So slater says education starts at home and is a parents job not the nrl
Well this is coming from a salary cap cheat
Man how the media allow him such dribble to be written is beyond me.

Well he thought that was ok cause he could park his new cars in there driveway

I heard on the radio this morning (Triple M) that De Belin's lawyer is urging him to take legal action should the NRL decide to stand him down.

Very interesting times ahead, I almost hope they do stand him down so Greenturd's arbitrary law enforcement can be destroyed in court.

From Dubbo.

But at least he went fast ... so he was on the road drunk for a shorter time ...

... and then, GreenTurd who is now so outraged at player behavour .... rather than call for him to be eliminated ... writes him a ****ing reference ....

.. Only then to complete the circle jerk of hypocritical stupidity .... Inglis comes out and complains about player behavour ruining the game .....

Please ... can one Journalist please have a go at these clowns ...

Todd has the solution - he is going to let JDB stand down of his own volition. What sort of deal has the bald one cooked up in the background so that everyone saves face ??

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg will give Jack de Belin the opportunity to stand himself down to prevent the governing body from taking that action at a meeting with the St George-Illawarra forward on Wednesday.

De Belin has pleaded not guilty to a charge of aggravated sexual assault, meaning he would be free to play under the existing rules while his court case is in train. However, the policy is expected to change following an Australian Rugby League Commission meeting on Thursday, reverting to the mandatory standing-down of players charged with serious offences.

099e8256b3a596d1a3c38b0b775d7160b3258879

Decision time: Todd Greenberg and Jack de Belin are expected to meet on Wednesday.CREDIT:AAP

Regardless of any change in protocol, the NRL’s chief executive and chief operating officers have the discretion to sideline players who have pleaded not guilty to charges, a power that to this date has not been used. However, the NRL wants to put the onus on de Belin to make the call himself, with all parties acknowledging the move isn’t an admission of guilt or in any way prejudicial to his court case.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/on...n-meeting-with-greenberg-20190226-p510fo.html

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8