Bah bah sacked and De Belin charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What great theatre and distraction sport is.

I wonder what is happening in the real world.

"I was educated when I was a kid; this is a parent job, not an NRL job.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/that-s...behaviour-begins-at-home-20190226-p510dk.html

Lol this is very funny
So slater says education starts at home and is a parents job not the nrl
Well this is coming from a salary cap cheat
Man how the media allow him to write such dribble to be is beyond me.
What a privileged little f***witt. FMD these Purple Scum lifer's love to live in their own little bubble.
FYI Billy! Not everyone had the best upbringing growing up :banghead:. I'm guessing from this that he doesn't even bother talking to team mates about their views and experiences in life.

But at least he went fast ... so he was on the road drunk for a shorter time ...

... and then, GreenTurd who is now so outraged at player behavour .... rather than call for him to be eliminated ... writes him a ****ing reference ....

.. Only then to complete the circle jerk of hypocritical stupidity .... Inglis comes out and complains about player behavour ruining the game .....

Please ... can one Journalist please have a go at these clowns ...
So Greg Inglis joins your list of banned athletes for drink driving, slipping in behind Hayne and DeBellin, yet, if a player is found to be guilty of doing what has been “alleged” to have occurred in Walker’s case, you throw your arms in the air and say “so we’re going to suspend a player for pulling his mrs hair.” Cue the response... drink driving kills many innocent victims every year... so does DV... Disclaimer: I am not saying that Dylan is guilty, or, that he should be stood down prior to having his day in court. Reads like a hypocritical circle jerk to me.

Last edited:
So Greg Inglis joins your list of banned athletes for drink driving, slipping in behind Hayne and DeBellin

Here is a test of your credibility ...... or intelligence .... please provide where I said I thought Greg Inglis should be banned ...

Greenslime is digging himself an ever deepening hole by the day.

But to be fair it’s a difficult situation.

The ONLY one is the presumption of innocence, and allowed to play until found guilty.
That’s my view too but I acknowledge there are alternative and validly held views on this matter. I am glad I am not the one who has to make the call because there will be important stakeholders that will not be happy one way or another.

That’s my view too but I acknowledge there are alternative and validly held views on this matter. I am glad I am not the one who has to make the call because there will be important stakeholders that will not be happy one way or another.

It’s a really hard one ( really hard) BUT the law in Australia says you are innocent until proven guilty.

If I was the CEO that’s how I’d approach it.

Anything otherwise and they open themselves up to possible litigation.

Thing is, standing down a first grade NRL player until his case comes to trial (suggested to be as long as 18 months in De Belin's case) will obviously negatively impact his career - he'll lose strength, match fitness, he won't have the opportunity to improve his skills & knowledge of the game through onfield experience etc.

Will he be allowed to continue training with the team, etc?

Sure, being paid $600/800k per year to sit on your backside might sound great but boredom, feeling ostracised, lack of achievement etc. will eventually set in, & the resulting depression & other mental health issues will present themselves.

De Belin has refused to stand down so over to the ARLC to make a decision on his fate.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/de...wn-ahead-of-arlc-meeting-20190227-p510mx.html

.....De Belin, who has pleaded not guilty to the charge, told Greenberg in no uncertain terms he won’t be standing down.
The incumbent Blues lock has been advised that sitting himself out while his court case is in train could be construed as an assumption of guilt and could prejudice the outcome.
By making the NRL stand him down - rather than doing it himself - de Belin also retains his right to sue the governing body if he is eventually acquitted.

Did snake do this after he was acquitted? I didn't think he did.
I was fairly certain De belin wasn't going to rule himself out.

Interesting, i think a player who makes an open statement & strongly feels he shouldn't stand down is confident in himself as to what has actually occurred.

Interesting, i think a player who makes an open statement & strongly feels he shouldn't stand down is confident in himself as to what has actually occurred.

I wouldn’t be so sure on that point. He’s pretty obviously acting on legal advice, and there’s no way he’s writing his own statements at this point.

He wouldn’t be scratching his bum without checking with his lawyers first, there’s a fair bit at stake!

I wouldn’t be so sure on that point. He’s pretty obviously acting on legal advice, and there’s no way he’s writing his own statements at this point.

He wouldn’t be scratching his bum without checking with his lawyers first, there’s a fair bit at stake!
All persons involved in a court case are not permitted to comment publicly during the process. de Belin can't say anything to defend himself. That's why it is pure theatre when TV and radio reporters fire questions at people outside the court only to be met with the inevitable silence.
Our legal system is not like the US system where they hold press conferences at the end of each day's proceedings.
Only statements made during the court case can be reported, and they must be accurate.
When I was a court reporter (many decades ago) we'd ask the police prosecutor to say as much as he/she could about the accused at the bail hearing so that we could use it in a story. They would always oblige because they liked reading their name in the paper. So, he'd slip in that the defendant was, say, related to a famous person or known because of something, which was irrelevant to the charge but helped with a headline. It would take the magistrate to shut the prosecutor down and stick to the facts, but by then he'd said enough for the headline: Brother of (famous person) on serious charge....

All persons involved in a court case are not permitted to comment publicly during the process. de Belin can't say anything to defend himself. That's why it is pure theatre when TV and radio reporters fire questions at people outside the court only to be met with the inevitable silence.
Our legal system is not like the US system where they hold press conferences at the end of each day's proceedings.
Only statements made during the court case can be reported, and they must be accurate.
When I was a court reporter (many decades ago) we'd ask the police prosecutor to say as much as he/she could about the accused at the bail hearing so that we could use it in a story. They would always oblige because they liked reading their name in the paper. So, he'd slip in that the defendant was, say, related to a famous person or known because of something, which was irrelevant to the charge but helped with a headline. It would take the magistrate to shut the prosecutor down and stick to the facts, but by then he'd said enough for the headline: Brother of (famous person) on serious charge....

Interesting to hear how that all works... so how did they work out how the accused or "(famous person)" was connected to Manly before Google?

It's almost like Toddles was saying "if you don't stand yourself down, I'll huff & I'll puff & I'll...ummmm...."
Reading between the lines, the NRL feel they have to appease certain stakeholders by standing at least De Belin down but they don’t think they are on solid ground. If he agreed, there would be no issue. My guess is that they will stand him down and it will be up to him to take legal action. If he takes legal action and wins, then the NRL can at least say they took the high road but now has certainty as to what it can and can’t do in these situations.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8