Aust v India 2018-19

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Double figures without losing a wicket!!!! woohoo!
Because Pant was tired after smashing 160 and dropped a dolly off Usman.

Hopefully we can at least bat through tomorrow and keep the bastards out in the field on a hot day. Can an Aussie at least get a ton this series ??

Bowling today again was hard to work out. Just nothing doing, no swing, no seam. I thought when Pujara had a minor hiccup and chipped one back to Gazza that we might keep them to around 450. Pant and Jadeja then slapped us around like a park cricket attack and piled on another 200. Another tough day at the office, lucky the beer was cold.

I never believed that our attack was the best in the world as some claimed, but I never expected them to be so toothless. They have bowled a lot of overs this series so I accept they may be cooked, particularly given the lack of rest between innings. For those that can watch the game (I can’t), are the quicks bowling poorly or is it the pitch? Or a combination of both?
I’ve read about the lack of reverse swing too. Have the Indian quicks been able to get the ball to go reverse?

The Aussies had a crack with 3 new balls, apart from the early overs they were struggling to move it in the air, especially Starc. I didn't see any hint of reverse, which is why we took the new balls as soon as they were due I presume..Hazlewood got it to deck around a bit early yesterday, but the pitch didn't have a lot in it. We struggled to apply pressure, Starc bowled about 30 overs and not one maiden. Plus the tactics seemed strange to me, back of a length targeting the hip of the batter. Lyon also bowled a middle and leg line and tried to get them hitting through midwicket. Pujara just picked him off with good footwork and accurate placement. Maybe the bowlers are worn out, energy levels yesterday were low and very few chances created or good balls to trouble the batsman. Will be interesting to see how Bumrah and Shami go today and see if they can get anything happening.

Today should be the pick of the batting days and the pitch should be offering nothing before it starts to bake dry and begin to turn you would expect. We need to dig in today and bat all 3 sessions, because it won't be easy tomorrow if the pitch starts to slow up and bounce gets variable.

Thanks Chip and Chase. Somehow I fear that our top 6 will flake again and make Bumrah and Shami look like they are in a totally different class. I hope I am wrong and I would love to see one of the top 6 (but in particular, Harris, Labuschagne or Head) step up and get a 100.

Run down the pitch and go the tonk! That's the way Khawaja, just what we needed. I guess your result of obtaining 27 valuable runs on a pitch where the opposition scored over 600 determined that you had indeed made enough of a contribution to Australia's scoreline.

After all, why should opening partnerships reach 100 runs? Does it prove anything?

At least the untried at first drop Labuschagne is now in.

Well done.

Run down the pitch and go the tonk! That's the way Khawaja, just what we needed. I guess your result of obtaining 27 valuable runs on a pitch where the opposition scored over 600 determined that you had indeed made enough of a contribution to Australia's scoreline.

After all, why should opening partnerships reach 100 runs? Does it prove anything?

At least the untried at first drop Labuschagne is now in.

Well done.

Do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm? .... snow really makes you a bit shiitty doesn't it .....

Snow is fine! Going the tonk, not so much.

Actually, the neighbours won an old 6 person ski lift 'Gondola' in an auction (when the resort was upgrading to a newer faster one), and last night (due to the snow) it fell off their patio and landed near our front door!

This may have skewed my appreciation for incorrectly secured 500 kilo lumps of metal and poorly chosen cricket shots!

1 - 100 !

Hey look....

A Marsh failed in a cricket test.

Lucky we have 5 of them to keep giving chances too.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Usman another shocking shot to throw away his wicket. Maybe off field stuff affecting him

Harris needs to shelve that front foot cut/glide its brought him undone a couple of times now.

Shaun Marsh completely bamboozled by the straight breaker. Surely that’s him done now ?? Probably get a second innings ton and hang on for ashes knowing our luck

Snow is fine! Going the tonk, not so much.

Actually, the neighbours won an old 6 person ski lift 'Gondola' in an auction (when the resort was upgrading to a newer faster one), and last night (due to the snow) it fell off their patio and landed near our front door!

This may have skewed my appreciation for incorrectly secured 500 kilo lumps of metal and poorly chosen cricket shots!

1 - 100 !

hahaha .... but does it give you a sudden appreciation of the old adage ... possession is 9/10's of the law ......

Rain Delay.....

Please could you tell me when eight-ball overs were last used in Test cricket?

Eight-ball overs were last used at Test level in 1978-79 in Australia and New Zealand.

Australia employed eight-ball overs in 1924-25 and from 1936-37 to 1978-79 inclusive, South Africa from 1938-39 to 1957-58, New Zealand from 1968-69 to 1978-79, and Pakistan from 1974-75 to 1977-78. England used them in 1939 as part of a two-year experiment ended by the War. West Indies, India, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh have used only six-ball overs in home Tests.

aust all out for 300.

sheesh, some of these umpiring decisions regarding LBW's are a bit dodgy. No way can they judge what the ball is doing that well.

Aust asked to follow on - first time since 1988 I think cricinfo said - surely we're getting towards rock bottom now.

Here's hoping that the wickets that will fall aren't from ludicrous shots!

woohoo! bad light! And early tea taken.

Frustrating day of cricket. Miserable misty drizzle just wouldn't go away. Probably lucky for Aussies we only got a session in otherwise we may well be 4 or 5 down in second dig

Disappointing test match in the end with the weather basically ruining two days of cricket. Was so looking forward to the Sydney Test actually meaning something for a change and it turned into another waste of time and money.

Ah well, let's see if they make any changes for the Sri Lankan tests

nice to see aust win something!

I thought Dhoni retired about 2 years ago!!!

Kohli is unbelievable

10300 runs at an average of 60 with 39 tons is unthinkable but he just keeps lifting that average. Averaging 99 in run chases too and I heard something the other day that since the last World Cup Ross Taylor is averaging 92, 2nd behind Kohli who is 115 during the period

I think it's Dhoni that is averaging 99 in chases, but Kholi is up there with him.

39 hundreds is unbelievable, he only needs another 10 to go past Sachin and he has played less than half the amount of games. Class bat, could possible dethrone the little master as the greatest ever for India in all forms

MS on the other hand is not as stylish, but damn effective in the short form. Just knows how to score runs and put the ball wherever he wants.

EDIT - just checked. Both Kohli and MS are averaging 99 in successful ODI run chases. Bevo third with 86

Dhoni is a funny one for me, he times it down til the very last pill which is great when he stays til the end but when he doesn’t it really leaves the new guys up **** creek, the first game was a good example of it, in a big chase he was 42 from 84 balls and it left the other batters too far behind when they came in

Kholi will dine out over here next week

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6