Aussies in India

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You can't go with only 4 bowlers. I still recall that horrifying match many years ago in which Laxman and some one turned the match on its head and batted for what seemed like a week. Just heard radio snippets back then, must admit I have enjoyed watching a little vision this time, I have never seen India before!

VVS and Rahul "The Wall" Dravid. They are the reason Australia never enforces a follow on now, that scar runs deep.

4 bowlers is fine if they keep preparing wickets like these first two tests. You don't need to bowl for long periods, so no need for a third seamer to tie up an end.. Be interesting if India play safe and prepare a more batsman friendly deck for this next test now that they have levelled the series.

Bloody hell now Starc has broken down again. He is so injury prone of late. Well that pretty much kills any chance we had of an unlikely series victory. Hopefully they'll give Cummins a go and let him have a rip for a couple of tests to get some decent bowling under his belt as a prep for next summers Ashes.

About 2 hours to go before the start of the third test.

Hopefully everyone just gets the biff on!

win the toss! (phew)

1 for 64 at drinks with warner going to a c & b

this will be a nerve wracking (racking) test.

This pitch is...dubious. what a crock.

sigh.

come on guys.....think about what you're doing!

edit: I missed the reasons marsh was in the side.

does well in India?
Bowls?
Have a good nickname?

maybe the second innings then.

Maxwell already justified his inclusion, Marsh injured or not. Hopefully he goes on with it now. Go big Maxi.

Maxwell already justified his inclusion, Marsh injured or not. Hopefully he goes on with it now. Go big Maxi.
Lol this is his highest test score by 200% and still going.
Still better than marsh though.

Great partnership this one. Hard to lose a test match if you score over 400 batting first so we are off to a good start.

i wouldn't have picked Maxwell myself, but that's why I'm not a selector. Shaun Marsh continues his inconsistent test career - he'll probably jag a ton in the second dig to hang on for another test. 39 innings for 15 single figure scores and another 7 under 20 runs.

I went to bed and Aust kick on. I think I may be their jinx!

Good job guys! Time to get 500 (thousand)

50 ahead with 4 wickets in hand. Not top quality wickets though, so we could just as easily get rolled tomorrow for another 10 or 20 runs. Hopefully Starccy can put on a display like the first test and get us that 3 figure lead. If Wade ever wants to prove he is test standard then he could go a long way towards it by batting deep here with the tail and get us another 100 + runs.

If Starc gets another 50 runs here, can we just forget the Mitch Marsh experiment and assume Starc is our all rounder and bring in another batsmen. Maybe even Maxwell would be worth a plug to provide that extra spin option, if not just pick Usman.

Still a bit of cricket left in this one, could be a really tight test this one.

maybe you should be a selector, Maxwell in for Marsh and playing smart cricket. Hope he can get the ton - deserves it.

Well the Mitch Marsh dilemma has been solved. He is on a plane back to Oz due to a shoulder injury. They have to pick Khawaja now, no point in going for Maxwell or Agar.

Knowing our luck they'll fly in another mediocre all rounder to fill his spot.

or not

Good day for us, 50/50 in the first session and won the other 2.

Smithy talking about being there late tomorrow is a good sign I think, focusing on making as many runs early.

Hazlewood is my tip for the bowlers, a few balls keeping low on the first day and he does like to attack the stumps. The big show will also be full of confidence so could do a Clarkey over there.

I guess the big question is will the pitch deteriorate?

LOL. I wouldn't have picked Maxwell personally, but as he has shown I was wrong on that front. I'll be interested to see if he bowls many overs - not that Marsh did anyway as an "allrounder". We'll never know how Khawaja would have went now, he may have been as productive. Maybe in the last test we'll see Usman in for Shaun Marsh depending on result in this one.

Great centuries by smith and Maxwell.

I was hoping Maxwell would go on with it but done at 104.

Well...he said he was a better batsman than wade but lets hope wade can get a few as well.

450+ come on! woot

edit: I just tuned in to see maxwell get out.

Jinx for sure!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8