Aussies in India

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh my goodness!

Just woke up and had a look at espncricinfo and what a beauty!

Well done Lyon!

The guys who type the commentary in on that site wont be happy as their comments are usually pro india and anyone playing Australia.

I agree...keep the focus boys! It's a tough place to win a series!

Is it just me or are the Aussies playing a few mind games with Kohli. Seem to be acting "friendly" to him and not engaging him with any sledging. He is a prickly player who feeds off the conflict and fires up when he is targeted. I think they have got in his head by pumping his tyres up off the field and virtually ignoring him out in the middle. He is feeling the pressure. Love to pick him up cheaply in the second dig to really rub it in.

O/40 is a solid start, but we need to work really hard to build on that. If we can get 300 we will be hard to beat.

Looking at the cracks in the deck session 1 day 2, I would be a tad nervous chasing anymore than 110-120 in the fourth inning. Hopefully we can bat real big in this first innings and only have to bat the once. Probably wishful thinking but it would be nice.

I know Smith is fidgety at the best of times but man he looks nervous this morning.

This is riveting test cricket. The Aussies need to get on the offensive though and score some runs. If they just try to survive, the pitch will get them out,

Steve Smith just survived a referral. Very lucky. He looks very very scratchy. Hopefully he can come out with more intent after drinks. 10 runs and 1 wicket in the last 10 overs

50 ahead with 4 wickets in hand. Not top quality wickets though, so we could just as easily get rolled tomorrow for another 10 or 20 runs. Hopefully Starccy can put on a display like the first test and get us that 3 figure lead. If Wade ever wants to prove he is test standard then he could go a long way towards it by batting deep here with the tail and get us another 100 + runs.

If Starc gets another 50 runs here, can we just forget the Mitch Marsh experiment and assume Starc is our all rounder and bring in another batsmen. Maybe even Maxwell would be worth a plug to provide that extra spin option, if not just pick Usman.

Still a bit of cricket left in this one, could be a really tight test this one.

9 down now with an 86 run lead. Would love another 50 runs on the ledger this morning, but a lead of around 100 gives us the upper hand still.

Rear guard action didn't last long. All out for a 87 run lead. Now we just have to bowl well and keep them under 250.

fmd, how long re they going to keep starc on...going at 5 an over, not taking wickets???????

Picked up Kohli cheaply again. Loving this series just for the fact that he is struggling. Tough pitch to bat on, Lyon has had about 20 near misses, you get the feeling it's just a matter of time. Hazlewood will be hard to keep out with his line and length and a possible hint of reverse

Despite the fact that the pitch is a minefield it's still fascinating cricket, watching the best players in teh world just trying to survive is compelling. We won't want to be chasing too many on this deck against Jadeja and Ashwin

just woke up and checked the scores.... have we let this one slip through our fingers?

Can we get even 150 on a pitch this tough?

just woke up and checked the scores.... have we let this one slip through our fingers?

Can we get even 150 on a pitch this tough?
Agreed. I was nervous about chasing 120. They are that now and only 4 back in the shed. Hopefully we can get a couple of quick wickets this morning and run through the tail. Agreed @Chip and Chase it is enthralling cricket. Such a shame work gets in the way.

We've let it slip away a bit, need to break this partnership straight away. 200 lead might be enough for them.

on the plus side...I just tuned in to see the 7th wicket fall!

c'mon guys!

India lead by 155

4 quick wickets has us back on top, but we have to wrap this up quickly and not let their tail slog too many here. Every run is crucial, but Pujara and Rahane showed if you stay in then it does get a touch easier (as it does on any pitch really). So hopefully we can have a bit of luck and get the 200 odd required.....got a feeling that this might end up a nail biter.

Agreed. Hopefully the last wicket falls quickly with some focused bowling and no 40 bouncers and 60 deliveries wide (sometimes I feel fast bowlers stuff around too much at the tail.)

As Glen McGrath would say... top of off stump!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2