ASADA Going Shark Fishing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
sheridanstand78 said:
Latest from the Mole on Twitter:

Now the sh*t has really hit the fan, Moley can reveal this - some chance of a club being stripped of a premiership soon. #andno,notcronulla

This is really getting serious now.
Glad I haven't been near a computer for a few days. Mention of those premierships makes me edgy.
'Some chance' in a rumour doesn't sound particulary threatening and the funniest thing about that message is the #andno,notcronulla
The investigation is about 10/11/12 so the questionable premiership would of course be '11.
To lose that title I think there would have to be significant proof of systematic whole team doping during 2011 when Dank did not work for us.
Our ex coach, Donny and the whole crew would have had to be heavily involved in this and to me this seems unlikely.
There was proof the storm cheated the cap. There would have to be some pretty significant evidence for something this big to happen.
Sounds like a rumour without wings.

I know that this will be a long and drawn out exercise, given the legalities and due process that must be adhered to..... But dear GOD I just want it over!

I'm still dreading that we will be caught up in this: if the media can smell "blood in the water" with the Sharkies, can you imagine the headlines if Manly are involved?

It will be a bloodbath: and given Steven Dank's involvement in the club there'll be many a wild and (hopefully!) unfounded allegations thrown about: especially from Buzz and Bourbon Bec!

My concerns are not with what the club or players have taken.... Donny Singe's words with regards to what went on re supplements and the like during Dank's tenure were very reassuring on that matter: it's more the presumption of guilt and being forced to prove innocence in the eye of a frothing media **** storm that concerns me.

If there's even a sniff of doubt about Manly from ASADA, the knives will be out. "Strip their premierships", "Ban the Eagles", "Strip them of points for 2013", "Beaver's headgear: PEH??"

Traditionally I'd expect us to cop a LOT more flack than any other club.... and it's a real possibility that an ASADA led witch hunt could do real damage to the integrity and strength of the club I've loved all my life.

I certainly hope we are in the clear!

I've said all along that there are 3 clubs that need to worry. Sharks,Us,Panthers. Why,because the NRL will hang them out to dry so they can expand at the expense of these clubs. Funny how the AFL have been in there from day 1 batting for their club and players trying to broker deals to smooth it over. What have the NRL been doing...NOTHING. Silence from the commission.

Sheikheagle said:
What did he say?

From Donnys FB:

"Hi guys, first game dusted, review .... preview...next!!! Boys on song and great effort, fans absolutely outstanding. My next message is for all the players in the league especially my own.

Im sure everyone is following the ASADA investigation with interest. Just remember, all these "players" as they are referred to ARE in FACT, men, fathers, husbands, sons. They have responsibilities and loved ones to provide for. Their biggest fears are for their loved ones!
They are not faceless nor shallow plastic action figures empty of substance. They are human beings like you and me. Dont let the media and the investigative groups encourage you to become desensitised to these men. Humans first and foremost, Men in their daily lives and people, always people like you and me."

Then a statement from a guy called Michael:

"True but people like you and me need to follow rules and laws..... i feel sorry for players who were following directives from those that pay their wages, thinking, surely they wouldnt tell me to participate in something i shouldnt..... i dont feel sorry for players and officials that knew or suspected that it wasnt quite right..."

Donnys Reply:

"Absolutely right Michael, and in my club I am that person!! I dont agree with the sacking of the sharks support staff, but 100% intensive invistigation for any of us in authoritive positions. thats where this investigation should have perhaps started?"

Then Donny was asked about his view on ASADA and Manly, his reply:

"Luke, because we are still in the investigation my opinion and fact cant be shared. Im confident in my clubs standing because I am part of the process. I will wait until I am called on for whatever I am required to produce. Im not brushing you but you are smart enough to appreciate my position."

This one is interesting from Donny:

fair point Nathan, lets see ASADA get back onto Steve Danks, the allegations against him and then HOW he was able to infiltrate and position himself in the coaching hierachy. Then some headway may begin.

"I actually wrote the post and I am trying to understand some of your confusion in reading it?? I write very literally, no inbetweens no double meanings. just the words I put down.
I use the words "especially my own" because I dont KNOW all the other players in the League. Also I am closer to MY men because, once again I train them. So here it is.... my writing is my reaction to the treatment of 14 sharks players and the staff + the innuendo about the NRL family in general. nothing more and nothing less.

As far as the rest of the comp is concerned all I can say is thank **** the players don't have a strong union presence yet, could you imagine the **** fight if the RLPA were like the NFLPA, MLBPA or NBAPA?
I'd say if it comes out that some of the Sharks management knew of the drug usage and players were hung out to dry this is what would happen :
Each member would sit out until the shark players were reinstated with clean slates.
Try showing games with a billion dollar contract with nuffies

Another intriguing factor about naming 6 clubs in this whole drugs disaster, is if the Sharks aren't the worst offenders in this - let's just say for example that the wild Manly rumours are true and the whole team was systematically horse, elephant and giraffe doping in 2011, then why weren't Manly told to stand down players before kickoff this Friday in the same manner as the sharks? What about those implicated from the other four clubs as well?
Wouldn't the timing of this this be totally unfair to the sharks unless they are the only club linked to whole team doping?
I'm very confused by all this :s and am not one of the sensible few on here that has patience. Hope this mess is over very soon.

KOMORI said:
I know that this will be a long and drawn out exercise, given the legalities and due process that must be adhered to..... But dear GOD I just want it over!

I'm still dreading that we will be caught up in this: if the media can smell "blood in the water" with the Sharkies, can you imagine the headlines if Manly are involved?

It will be a bloodbath: and given Steven Dank's involvement in the club there'll be many a wild and (hopefully!) unfounded allegations thrown about: especially from Buzz and Bourbon Bec!

My concerns are not with what the club or players have taken.... Donny Singe's words with regards to what went on re supplements and the like during Dank's tenure were very reassuring on that matter: it's more the presumption of guilt and being forced to prove innocence in the eye of a frothing media s**t storm that concerns me.

If there's even a sniff of doubt about Manly from ASADA, the knives will be out. "Strip their premierships", "Ban the Eagles", "Strip them of points for 2013", "Beaver's headgear: PEH??"

Traditionally I'd expect us to cop a LOT more flack than any other club.... and it's a real possibility that an ASADA led witch hunt could do real damage to the integrity and strength of the club I've loved all my life.

I certainly hope we are in the clear!

As I said to No.1 daughter before the game (and as the shiit was hitting the fan at the Sharks)...really get stuck into this game...cheer your gutz out, hook into the broncos scum, and enjoy this game like it's our last...not because I think we're guilty, but as Sharkies fans found out...you just don't know what's going to happen. It's unprecedented.

I was with a few broncos members watching the game and geez they were into the coach,it was really vitriolic stuff.Even though the CEO is from Rocky and a great mate of Hook Griffin he is going to be under the whip badly if they lose a few more.Price may be saved at the Goons by the fact he has a terrible roster...I don't think he will be afforded the same leeway.

niccipops said:
Another intriguing factor about naming 6 clubs in this whole drugs disaster, is if the Sharks aren't the worst offenders in this - let's just say for example that the wild Manly rumours are true and the whole team was systematically horse, elephant and giraffe doping in 2011, then why weren't Manly told to stand down players before kickoff this Friday in the same manner as the sharks? What about those implicated from the other four clubs as well?
Wouldn't the timing of this this be totally unfair to the sharks unless they are the only club linked to whole team doping?
I'm very confused by all this :s and am not one of the sensible few on here that has patience. Hope this mess is over very soon.

I think the Sharks would be the worst offenders in ASADA's eyes. My reasoning is that ASADA would want some casualties from the first club so it may scare players from the next club(s) into taking the six month ban rather than risk the two years. They are more likely to get some scalps from the club they think has been the worst offenders.

susan said:
I was with a few broncos members watching the game and geez they were into the coach,it was really vitriolic stuff.Even though the CEO is from Rocky and a great mate of Hook Griffin he is going to be under the whip badly if they lose a few more.Price may be saved at the Goons by the fact he has a terrible roster...I don't think he will be afforded the same leeway.

They are right up him on Broncos HQ.
they also want to buy JT Hoppa and Folau

wombatgc said:
I agree knights will be next. The rest is bullshiit.(imo)
the morning sport show on 2ky yesterday said that newcastle would probably be next and a few other of the 6 clubs before us,nowhere near as full on as what Cronulla copped,a lesser scale,and if you remember when this first came out,it was mentioned that the sharks were the main worry

DSM5 said:
Why is the NRL giving CRonulla financial assistance?

Because the NRL needs to deliver the amount of games agreed to each week to the broadcasters as part of the deal or they risk losing out. One less game each week if a club goes under would cost them far more than a little assistance package to keep something at risk afloat for the time being.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10