ASADA Going Shark Fishing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The drug issue aside, The sharks v tits game demonstrated the weakness in their team. At full strength, full house and playing for their bros, they still could just get over a team that played without structure or a plan (surely Cartwright should be shown the door immediately). I expected more from their roster.

I don't know. If they were ever going to be "up" for a game, then yesterday was it. What more motivation did they need for a high intensity performance ? I'm assuming that the catch cry for yesterday was do it for Flanno.

Well if that's the best they can muster it's a little disappointing. Most are tipping Titans for the spoon. Little wonder Cronulla have such a poor record in finals, just mentally don't have it.

Expected more from Sharks also, but they will be there abouts top 4-6 come seasons end. Like the Pups are a good number 7 away from being a serious threat imo.
This ASADA stuff is all a little cryptic. Will they come out from hiding behind these threats & name the so called culprits so the game can move on??
If guilty sit those who KNEW they were taking a banned substance out for the 6 months.
If these allegations of several Sharks being found guilty are true the players involved in the Titans game now get 2 years suspension....apparently??:huh:
Maybe nominating them prior to the Titans game would have given them the option to stand down for 6 months or its goneskis for 2 years.
If innocent before guilty still exists maybe the players involved could have pleaded a genuine case before being strung up & used as examples.
Its all very grey imo & some of these ASADA officials need to stand up & speak directly instead of shooting fish in a barrel.

The Sunday footy show/roast were saying yesterday that the NRL may use this as an opportunity to move a Sydney club to another area (i.e Perth or Brisbane).

Its no secret the NRL thinks we should move a couple of the Sydney teams elsewhere.

Eagles2nv said:
The Sunday footy show/roast were saying yesterday that the NRL may use this as an opportunity to move a Sydney club to another area (i.e Perth or Brisbane).

Its no secret the NRL thinks we should move a couple of the Sydney teams elsewhere.

Colombia ... Afghanistan ... ?
Where do they make the world's best PED's, anyway?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Eagles2nv said:

Colombia ... Afghanistan ... ?
Where do they make the world's best PED's, anyway?

Europe.

Eagles2nv said:

Well they could only justify that if the particular club had players found guilty of drug doping. I doubt any new area would take a club with a wrecked image like that. They would want their own new club not some disgraced outfit from Sydney.

For weeks we have heard the media and public screaming for information.Irvine, who used to be head of the Sharks fan club and is now an unpaid Chairman and from all reports is a sharks tragic,finally furnished them with the reasons he sacked those people and now he is public enemy number one for providing the information( which is obviously the basis of the ASADA case) that the media has been screaming for.

And the very same media for reasons only they know did not mention this comment from the deputy Chairman at the press conference which basically went

""ïn a number of cases,maybe even a majority of cases, the evidence we were presented suggested an issue of negligence rather than outright cheating""

Hardly comforting that maybe less than half were outright cheating based on the evidence the Board have seen.

People can argue ad nauseum about whether the Board/Irvine should have said anything or whether the staff should have been sacked now but what possible motive would the Board/Irvine have for being disingenuous about the evidence they have - given that in a couple of weeks that very information will be in the public domain. There would be no reason they would make that comment if it could be proven as totally false by ASADA evidence when it becomes available. Such a situation could only make it worse for them and they have no doubt been acting on legal advice.

Surely worthy of some discussion but only the Offsiders discussed it at length.

It is a Sunday sports show with Gerard Wakely and a few other invited presenters like Masters/Frier/Gideon Haigh etc.Usually pretty sane,even handed discussion - only sports discussion show I regularly watch.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8