Are You Renewing Your Membership?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are you renewing your Membership?

• Total voters
Been having a good think about this and why should I give up now after 37 Years. There is only maroon and White blood running through these veins.
So YES We will be renewing our Membership.

If (and its a big IF), it was Penn's intention to run the club into the ground in order to bring on an NRL buy out and relocation, I doubt it would matter if we had 30K paying members he would still find a way to flush all the money and goodwill down the toilet.

If that was the truth then it won't matter what any of us think or do.

However, I choose to put the divisive actions of the Sea Eagles board down to vengeful incompetence rather than some sort of sinister long game. That being the case, and me holding a massive grudge against the owners for their treatment of Tooves, I will hold onto my money (except for the FC fee) and go back to being a Manly fan for a while, as opposed to a Sea Eagles (true) supporter.

Dear club owning diet requiring turd,

Long time member getting back to you personally about my membership package

After the comment about how it's your money and you can hire whoever you want to hire

Well Fatboy i agree

It is your money, not mine paying the bills so I'll be holding onto my money because apparently you don't need it you fat piece of equine excrement

How dare you belittle each member by basically saying our money that we work hard for means nothing, sure you could buy golden wings membership with a couple of minutes of profit,perhaps even interest accumulated in your bank account while i write this

That money is child's play to you, but to me it's a significant portion of my weekly wage

**** you and your money you childish, vengeful, fat,snake oil salesman, you can use your money because the club is all yours and i don't feel compelled to help you, personally in a financial or any other setting,also **** your fat uncle or whatever that scumlord is to you

Signed

Former long term member and lifelong fan of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

I sent this through the members team and am awaiting a response

This has been written with a heavy heart and the feeling as if I've lost part of myself in the exchange, but what is a man who won't stand his ground
LOL! If they do reply tell us what they said :rofl:

If (and its a big IF), it was Penn's intention to run the club into the ground in order to bring on an NRL buy out and relocation, I doubt it would matter if we had 30K paying members he would still find a way to flush all the money and goodwill down the toilet.

If that was the truth then it won't matter what any of us think or do.

However, I choose to put the divisive actions of the Sea Eagles board down to vengeful incompetence rather than some sort of sinister long game. That being the case, and me holding a massive grudge against the owners for their treatment of Tooves, I will hold onto my money (except for the FC fee) and go back to being a Manly fan for a while, as opposed to a Sea Eagles (true) supporter.

For a start being a member doesn't make you a " true supporter", I really hate those words.

You are a member for either of two reasons.

1) You have a seat in the stands and don't want to give it up, or you buy a hill package because it's cheaper than buying seats every game.

2) You feel by supporting the club you are supporting the team, which in a sense is correct.

Not being a member doesn't make you any less of a Manly fan.

However I think every one of you should be a Football Club member, $25 a year ( and the old free sanga argument is now well and truly out the window), and until the rules change ( by a vote), they control the name, the colours AND where we play !!

Best $25 a year you will ever spend.

Is there a difference between a true supporter, real supporter and member? Surely there is a difference somewhere?

Weather you agree with the club or not, this is silly, membership is a must!!! Its simple business really. you either support the club, or watch it fail through the lack of income... Manly should be a club that has $20K members guaranteed by new year every year, however we don't get close.

Support the club otherwise don't try to bring back the northern eagles days when we had no team..

Weather you agree with the club or not, this is silly, membership is a must!!! Its simple business really. you either support the club, or watch it fail through the lack of income... Manly should be a club that has $20K members guaranteed by new year every year, however we don't get close.

Support the club otherwise don't try to bring back the northern eagles days when we had no team..
I don't think there is many on here saying we will not be renewing. The suggestion is to wait until after the draw, after it has been confirmed we will be playing 10 matches at Brookie - and hopefully after the custodians of our culture give us a few straight answers. One being: what is the REAL reason you asked Gutho to leave?
As Mark has pointed out, it is vital that we are members of the Football Club, which protects elements critical to our support. Would it be such a bad thing that the custodians pulled out of ownership and we were financed by the NRL, like several other clubs?

Oh dear just looked at an email from membership stating...........

"Renew by Oct 15 to win a fully catered suite to Monster Jam for you and 19 mates!"

Just a tip for our membership team this is not an incentive at all to renew my membership....! :eek:
The MWSE marketing department must be run by 16 year olds... I responded to this email by saying why not give away a catered box at Brookie at the 1st home game next season? This would at least appeal to a broad range of supporters. I am sure I will not hear back like the other 2 emails I have sent within the last 3 weeks that have gone unanswered.

The MWSE marketing department must be run by 16 year olds... I responded to this email by saying why not give away a catered box at Brookie at the 1st home game next season? This would at least appeal to a broad range of supporters. I am sure I will not hear back like the other 2 emails I have sent within the last 3 weeks that have gone unanswered.
An esky on the hill full of cold beer would be a better prize than monster jam

Its a pretty **** membership package. The Cap look like one you would buy from the Reject shop. It's the same **** every year. For us being members because we live in Qld we don't get the value for our Money and to get what they are giving this year is pretty dissapointing.

Its a pretty **** membership package. The Cap look like one you would buy from the Reject shop. It's the same **** every year. For us being members because we live in Qld we don't get the value for our Money and to get what they are giving this year is pretty dissapointing.
at the moment Jase I am out of work,and have more important issues to deal with,so like I said,I am undecided right now

The Country membership
Package used to include a meet the players function after Brisbane or Gold Coast games , price has gone up and this is gone so in fact a pretty big jump this year and not as appealing.

Includes 2 Brooky tickets ( which I may or may not use), and 1 ticket for an away game, plus the hat / sticker etc.

It's about time they realised that fans want experiential inclusions and will pay for it, not lame, cheap, Chinese made stuff we already have buckets of.

Give me a hat/ sticker and say, access to a training run for an away game, fan day for away supporters and I'll consider it, otherwise $150 for a hat / sticker and some tickets I might or might not use!!

Ditto.
I've replied as to my reasons for remaining undecided. Whether the 'no reply' means what it says and they won't receive my missive, I'm not sure.
But I'm sure getting sick of emails and texts asking the same question. Has the club employed a call centre in India?

The Country membership
Package used to include a meet the players function after Brisbane or Gold Coast games , price has gone up and this is gone so in fact a pretty big jump this year and not as appealing.

Includes 2 Brooky tickets ( which I may or may not use), and 1 ticket for an away game, plus the hat / sticker etc.

It's about time they realised that fans want experiential inclusions and will pay for it, not lame, cheap, Chinese made stuff we already have buckets of.

Give me a hat/ sticker and say, access to a training run for an away game, fan day for away supporters and I'll consider it, otherwise $150 for a hat / sticker and some tickets I might or might not use!!
A quality car sticker would be nice & not one that cracks up, fades & peels off after 5 months.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6