Are manly training tonight just want to dispel a story i just heard

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone want to try to guess the team against Penrith without Brown and Jake. My guess

Tom T
Wright
Walker
Kelly
Uate
Green
DCE
Lawrence
Api
Taupau
Winterstein
Perrett
Funoa Blake

Lussick
Hastings
Bainbridge
Kennedy
( maybe Hopoate at lock if he is now eligible)
1. Turbo
2. Wright
3. Walker
4. Kelly
5. Uate
6. Green
7. DCE
8. Lawrence
9. Api
10. Taupau
11. Winterstein
12. Kennedy (I'd like to see Tanginoa or Bainbridge)
13. Lussick (has played lock before)

14. Hastings/Cullen/Parker
15. Perrett
16. Fonua-Blake
17. Lane/Paseka (maybe even Amone/Tanginoa/Bainbridge here)

Happy to delete the thread in the meantime to not upset the applecart further how do i do that
Open up your Thread at the first page.
Then Select THREAD TOOLS
Then Select DELETE THREAD

But why not have fun and ADD POLL - ie. should Thread be deleted or
select which Player has transgressed etc

Capture.JPG

Not that I'm the coach (thankfully), but without Jake and possibly Brown this weekend, I'd go:

Tommy, Matty Wright, Walker, Kelly, Uate, Green, DCE, BJ, Api, Taupau, Winterstein, Perrett, Lussick. Res - Hastings/Cullen, AFB, Lane, Parker.

I wouldn't start AFB. He proved earlier this year that he's best as an impact bench forward. He isn't near mobile enough to put in against fresh players at the start of a game. Perrett and Lussick's fitness is a bit of a gamble, but I think they could surprise.

Sorry for those who want Kennedy, but the guy is a first grade hack only there in case of dire straights with injuries IMO. His defence kinda sucks and he doesn't bend the line with his runs. Ok for NSW Cup I guess but not what I'd want from a first grade back rower.

I don't know if Lane really deserves to be in first grade, but other than Hopoate who the NRL won't let play and the aforementioned Kennedy, he's probably the best option we have considering Bainbridge is still injured.

Not that I'm the coach (thankfully), but without Jake and possibly Brown this weekend, I'd go:

Tommy, Matty Wright, Walker, Kelly, Uate, Green, DCE, BJ, Api, Taupau, Winterstein, Perrett, Lussick. Res - Hastings/Cullen, AFB, Lane, Parker.
Have to disagree with you there (although I too am not the coach!)
Neither Lussick nor Perrett are back row candidates, they are strictly front row rotation. I haven't seen Kennedy for a while but he's pretty solid, would probably take Brown's spot if he can't play.

Have to disagree with you there (although I too am not the coach!)
Neither Lussick nor Perrett are back row candidates, they are strictly front row rotation. I haven't seen Kennedy for a while but he's pretty solid, would probably take Brown's spot if he can't play.

Have to agree re Perrett and Lussick.
Nowhere near agile enough for anything other than prop.
No good lateral movement.

Yep 100% neither Perrett nor Lussick on the edge IMO (though either can start as the 3rd middle forward)

So it would have to be between Lane, Kennedy and Hoppa if Brown is out and Billy still injured

Don't really see Lane as a starter, so the cautious approach in Kennedy or the bigger payoff in Hoppa

I say lets see what Hoppa can do (if he is cleared?)

So people are actually celebrating another injury in an area we are already very skinny in, with Sironen and Jake out ?

Anyone want to try to guess the team against Penrith without Brown and Jake. My guess

Tom T
Wright
Walker
Kelly
Uate
Green
DCE
Lawrence
Api
Taupau
Winterstein
Perrett
Funoa Blake

Lussick
Hastings
Bainbridge
Kennedy
( maybe Hopoate at lock if he is now eligible)
Bainbridge apparently injured

Yep 100% neither Perrett nor Lussick on the edge IMO (though either can start as the 3rd middle forward)

So it would have to be between Lane, Kennedy and Hoppa if Brown is out and Billy still injured

Don't really see Lane as a starter, so the cautious approach in Kennedy or the bigger payoff in Hoppa

I say lets see what Hoppa can do (if he is cleared?)
Maybe even Parker a chance as that was his rumoured plan last week. Maybe Lane off the bench if so (Hastings otherwise)

I've heard that Kelepi Tanginoa is a chance to feature on our bench

Lussick played well at 13 for a few games last season, when Jake came off for a spell. Having said that, was only about 15 mins at a time, he'd definitely play fewer minutes than we normally have at lock! I'm interested to see if Lane can do the job for us on the edge...another big (huge) body, a step, some decent skills. That is entirely based on the few mins he played against Nth QLD earlier in the season, but...what a run!

This is why I am glad I'm not the coach lol. You can't please everyone, or anyone whichever way it happens.

For the record, I don't disagree about Perrett and Lussick as back rowers, but who else is there with any sort of first grade experience? I'm not a fan of Kennedy as a first grader (high on ticker, low on talent) and Lane really hasn't been playing well enough to deserve a spot even as an injury replacement hence we usually see Kennedy in Tuesday's 21 rather than Lane.

Unfortunately losing Sirro and now possibly Brown has left us a bit light on for experienced back row options which is only compounded by losing Jake to Origin.

If Brown is out then we literally will have only one regular player (Winterstein) in our back row against Penrith. That's not good for a team who's defensive pattern is as structured as ours. Penrith might have been ordinary against Souffs on Sunday but on their home track they are no easybeats with Friday on their mind.....

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4